learn more

Report: Turkey tells West it might launch offensive against Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Report: Turkey tells West it might launch offensive against Syria

Turkish officials have told Western countries that Turkey might launch a military operation in Syria's north to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad's regime, a Kuwaiti newspaper reported on Monday.

“Turkey informed Britain, France, Italy, Germany and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) leadership of the possibility that it would launch an offensive in … Aleppo, Homs, Hama and Latakia,” As-Seyassah daily quoted an unnamed British officials as saying, according to the Lebanese news website nowlebanon.com.

Read more at:

www.todayszaman.com...

Well, this kind of supports what was said in this thread a couple days ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So we have Turkey attacking Syria, bringing in Iran and Lebanon...also, the Saudi's are pumping more oil in order to antagonize Iran. Havn't found any other sources, but this is sure interesting after reading the WWIII in Libya AND Syria in Days thread.

(and once that starts, you know Iran will be attacking oil pumps, oil is going to skyrocket, further eroding the economy)

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Looks like what Lindsey Williams' source told him is coming true. But what are the Turks getting out of invading Syria?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Even if one is Skeptical about 'WWIII' one must fail to deny the escalation that has commenced,

Hypothetically they do issue 'Attacks' would Iran truly commence their own in aid of Syria?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I read an article last week that stated almost 10,000 refugees from Syria have relocated to Turkey. Something big is getting ready to happen I do believe. You have an exodus of people fleeing Syria into its neighboring countries.

I believe Syria has just fallen victim to another ploy to help destroy what is left in the middle east. What a better way to instigate a war by having one Muslim country attack another?

This whole situation is starting to get out of hand. I am sure once this happens (assuming it does) the MSM will be all over it and the next thing you know something else will happen and the chain of dominoes will begin to fall as it was designed to do so. As those events start to happen our attention will be in that region of the world while some other things in other places will go unnoticed. All the MSM has to do is announce that the US is involved in someway or another and that story will cast shadows on the real events happening around the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Never been to the source site before, how reliable is it? Either way, I don't deny it could happen, and I do in fact believe that things are gearing up for the big one. It's weird watching it all play out knowing the possible outcomes....kind of scary, actually.

Anyways, if Turkey attacks Syria the U.S. is going to have to support them. What do you think China or Russia is going to do? Could this REALLY be the tipping point that brings about nuclear hell?

On a side note, after watching "The Day After" a few weeks ago, didn't the conflict in that movie start over something with Turkey? Weird, lol.
edit on 27-6-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: rambling

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yeah, this has been coming and was expected.

I truly hope that by some miracle, it calms down. The most important piece I caught was this:

Earlier, a columnist for Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, said to be close to Hezbollah, claimed that Iran had threatened Turkey that if it were to be used as a platform for NATO action against Syria, then Iran would bomb US and NATO bases in Turkey.

Bomb US and NATO bases? That would be the spark that sets it all off IMO.

edit on 27-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Never heard of the source before. Time will of course tell. It's interesting to note the influence of Turks and Persians on Arab history, and the general history of the middle east. I really don not like the immense political vacuum in the ME, as much as I admire most of the Arab Spring I understand some of the concerns some have mentioned about hardliners gaining power in multiple countries.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The more I hope that things don't go apesh!t crazy over there, the more it looks like it just may. This is not a good thing at all. After sitting down and thinking about the implications of what this means for everyone around the globe it just baffles me to wonder why some would want this to go down. We cannot afford another world war period. Too much is already on the verge to be able to handle even a short skirmish between many countries (more than is already going on).

If this happens oil will sky rocket out of control. The markets will pull back very rapidly, because it will surely mean that both Iran and Israel will get involved. For the US it could very well mean gas rationing in the not so distant future, along with soaring fuel costs that will quickly trickle down in the form of inflationary goods pricing. It is a lose, lose for all involved at this point. If the ultimate goal is a super depression then this would definitely be a good domino to knock over to start it all off.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Yeah, this has been coming and was expected.

I truly hope that by some miracle, it calms down. The most important piece I caught was this:

Earlier, a columnist for Lebanese daily al-Akhbar, said to be close to Hezbollah, claimed that Iran had threatened Turkey that if it were to be used as a platform for NATO action against Syria, then Iran would bomb US and NATO bases in Turkey.

Bomb US and NATO bases? That would be the spark.

With what? Dragons?
edit on 27-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am amazed at how or why an announcement like that would be in the media... Nothing like telling everyone in the room including the person your about to fight him an hour ahead of time..

Whatever.... Any strategical mind would never announce to the world, especially if that is what they did for a living..

I mean come on...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There would have to be a decent "influence" for Turkey to make this first move and I don't beleive its simply to just remove Asad.

You watch once the radioactive dust settles in the mid-east and the borders are redrawn again, Turkey will become - Greater Turkey taking in large portions of Syria, Iran and Northern Lebanon.

Thats a temptation too great to deny.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Why announce it?

To "psych" out the enemy/opposition and put fear in them to the point that they feel like they have no other recourse but to launch a pre-meditated 'surprise' attack first. Which of course will be the justification the West/NATO need and the reason for public support of their upcoming actions.

They are trying to back Iran/Syria into a corner where they have no option but to attack first.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I disagree. If I was planning an invasion of a country. I would not be announcing it to the media, perhaps my allies behind closed doors. This story is false..

Generals do not let the news agency's start wars..

Not good ones.

I just disagree. If I was turkey and I wanted to invade Syria, I would start with an unannounced air campaign followed by a mechanized assault following a infantry assault. Why tell my enemy I am coming so they can be on alert. Its just stupid.

I dont believe the story. If turkey was going to attack Syria, this is not the leading story, it would be OMG Turkey invaded Syria...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Even thou my comments may have sounded opposite to yours I am in agreement with you 100%.

Whats going on here are games. You are correct, If Turkey was serious about invasion it would just happen unnannounced.

Thats the difference here, Turkey "isn't" serious about an invasion, they are trying to poke Syria into making the first move.

Yes, News agencies do not start wars, but they are used well for Psy-Ops.

Remember, this is only what we see/hear in the media...there would be alot of things going on behind the scenes.....how do we know this isnt a decoy? A trick to fool Assad to moving his combats units to the north of the country and doing something against him in the south/east?

We just dont know.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I try not to worry about it... Ya I hear ya thou. No doubt in my mind what so ever war will come to the middle east. I just think when it happens we wont see it coming. Its gonna happen fast, and be well planned out. Next world war will be so planned out this luxury of communication will be all gone. So no I really do not like to think about it much. Yet I am sure their are people breathing right now getting paid to plan the next big war..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

I disagree. If I was planning an invasion of a country. I would not be announcing it to the media, perhaps my allies behind closed doors. This story is false..

Oh come on! The US did it to Iraq before we invaded.... We told them back in 2001/2 that we were going to invade. We invaded in 2003.... We gave them notice! Why else do you think we were unable to find any weapons of mass destruction.

They had a year to dispose of any evidence....

It's like getting a call from the police, saying we are going to come arrest you at 5:00 PM Thursday at your house... Well, if you are smart you wont be at your house then....

Stupid, I agree, but it happens... Even one of the greatest Military Industrial complexes of all time did it.

You are right, the better way is to do a sneak attack, but some times, word does get out... Sometimes they do let out a warning before they attack the other....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by timi0000
Looks like what Lindsey Williams' source told him is coming true. But what are the Turks getting out of invading Syria?

Indeed what are they getting?

My elderly neighbours have just come back from Syria. They are Christians, their extended family, apart from their kids, still live in Syria under the constant threat of Muslim gangs and terrorists who pay them to kill Christians. It is the soldiers there who protect these Christians and establish the curfews and boundaries.
The security forces apparently are a different matter and appear to be siding with the terrorists. Its a messy situation there for sure. Attacking a Govt who pays soldiers to Christians is rather odd.

edit on 27-6-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I am amazed at how or why an announcement like that would be in the media... Nothing like telling everyone in the room including the person your about to fight him an hour ahead of time..

Whatever.... Any strategical mind would never announce to the world, especially if that is what they did for a living..

I mean come on...

Well, It could be a strategy in attempt to get the opposition to reveal its cards. Often wargames are tantamount to Chess. You may be able to see all the pieces on the board (in real life not) however making some moves leads the opposition to defend or go on the offense. An offensive strategy is pretty obvious and is typically a stance the threatened person takes if backed far enough in a corner. Defensive strategies don't reveal a ton so the goal is to get them to switch to an offensive strategy and uncover their movements.

The orders have most likely already been decided to push Iran, Syria and other "axis" powers into a war with NATO so that it can consume them if possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The US and its allies/NATO, I had a feeling someone would say that. I just do not think Turkey, has the same logistics to be so cocky. If anything its a draw to see who is on Turkey's side, maybe Turkey, is looking for support. Considering perhaps Syria, does not fall so quickly and who know defeats Turkey's army after they announce they are going to invade..

See my point

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Interesting times we live in.

Interesting times indeed!
Thanks for closing your OP on a lively note ^_^

A seed planted on bloodied soil will bear bloodied fruit.

Wars to "fix things" need to stop!

edit on 6/27/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join