It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man cited after paying bill with 2,500 pennies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

VERNAL, Utah - A Utah man has been cited on a charge of disorderly conduct after paying for a disputed medical bill with 2,500 pennies. The Deseret News of Salt Lake City reports Jason West went to Basin Clinic in Vernal on May 27 prepared to dispute an outstanding $25 bill. Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell says that after asking staff members whether they accepted cash, West dumped 2,500 pennies on the counter and demanded that staff count them. Campbell says the incident upset staff because pennies were strewn about the counter and floor, and West's action served "no legitimate purpose." Police later issued the 38-year-old West a citation for disorderly conduct. That carries a fine of as much as $140. Or 14,000 pennies. Read more: www.azcentral.com...

www.azcentral.com...

I bet they hassled the poor guy about the 25 dollar bill that was due, and he just gave them back what they were giving! I have a few folks id like to make count out every penny when I paid them!

edit on Mon Jun 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed link from title

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
pennies are money too...though I guess he didn't have to literally dump them all over the place like a total a$$...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
yea he couldve just left the jars up on the desk and smiled while they counted......

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This has been already discussed on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the "search" button whenever posting new threads, it may have previously been discussed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

already got a u2u about it, hope your post boosted your ego. btw, the search returned no results for me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

It's nothing to do with ego is it, he merely pointed out that it has been posted more than 3 times already...just happens to be your luck that the ATS search is abit poor.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Everyone wants to be a mod.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
btw, the search returned no results for me.

What search term did you use? "giraffe"? Just searching for the word "pennies" alone turned up those threads.

I think I'm going to have to do a write-up to teach people how to use search.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Everyone wants to be a mod.

Lol yea right.. Mod is all work and no play

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Even with the title of the article, it's pretty clear he was cited for throwing the pennies all over the person's desk and demanding they be counted, not simply just paying in pennies. If he hadn't have dumped them all over they would have had to accept them and count them out.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread.

Closed

new topics

top topics

join