It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World on the verge of an economic collapse says Soros

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Now that is the Boondock I know. Lucid, able to see the truth when it matters.

How do you not see that the people who hate Soros, support GW's admin, even if they pretend that they don't currently support GW's admin.

I don't know if Soros is a good guy or a bad guy, but he is not one of the horses of the Apocalypse.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Danbones

Apparently you didn't bother to read the quote I posted. There is nothing incriminating in Soro's answers in the interview questions

###SNIP###

The republicans are the ones who created this mess.

Deregulation of the banks was Gingrich's baby all the way. Yet you want to pretend that the free market priest that Gingrich is, is not the guy who created our current economic implosion, that allowed wide spread white collar crime to go on unchecked. Instead, you want to blame it on Soros, using wacko right wing sights as evidence.

It is pathetic, that people can continue to promote this right wing propaganda after everything that went down in the last decade. The bankers, the investors, brought down our economy through corrupt business practices, and all you can do is call for more of the same.

edit on Tue Jun 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

yes I did read your third or fourth party quote:
from the link containing the 60 minute quote in my above post:

By collaborating with the Nazis, George survived the Holocaust. He turned on other Jews to spare himself.

www.thehotjoints.com...
was Hitler a lefty or a righty.....?
soros is picking on hitlers enemies Britian and the US...but he also conqured Argentina...
of course both Bushes and Clinton were appointed by buildaburgers ( manufacturing!)
which were founded by a nazi prince

Read more: www.thehotjoints.com...
edit on 28-6-2011 by Danbones because: link to offsite quote from previous post...just to be safe.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Now that is the Boondock I know. Lucid, able to see the truth when it matters.
How do you not see that the people who hate Soros, support GW's admin, even if they pretend that they don't currently support GW's admin.
I don't know if Soros is a good guy or a bad guy, but he is not one of the horses of the Apocalypse.

first of all let me clarify,
I do not hate anybody
including Soros.

My God and Bible teach me that
hate is wrong.

You still think this is a left vs right thing
with the GW comment. It's not.

It's about right and wrong.

And Soros is so very wrong.
Yet he lives unabated in the
Hamptons NY.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is going to have an absolute field day with this one.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Glenn Beck is going to have an absolute field day with this one.

sorry to inform you that Soros has all but
castrated Beck.

I wonder what Soros used as leverage against
Murdoch to drop Beck.

civil lawsuit maybe ????

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Last post, and then I gotta go.

I don't know how wrong Soros is, like Murdoch, it might be more of a matter of , 'hate the game, not the player'.

He does have the right enemies. People like Beck who do nothing but spread propaganda garbage for the people who screwed this country up.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You are not quoting Soros, you are promoting propaganda lies with no basis in fact.

Hitler was bank rolled by Bush, and other right wing U.S. businessmen, so that would make him a righty. The first people he took out were the union leaders, so that ought to answer your question.

Clearly you see that Soros opposes the Bush clan, and the whole right wing criminal organization, so that puts him in the good guys category.

You really think the GW admin was for the people of the U.S.? You actually support Wall Street bankers who robbed our country blind over the last decade?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
soros should know, he caused most of them.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You all do realize that there is no good or bad guy in this game, from the top to the bottom it is all a bunch of dip#s just out to make money, its basically garbage in garbage out. Soros, GWbush any and all of them are the same only on different sides of the yard, and its all about controlling the sheeple so that they give them power. Really in a free world all these things that you all see like government and states would not exist, they are all parasitic and the product of diseased minds and human weaknesses.

If you all were lucky this whole thing would come crashing down so something else would come out. But your not that lucky, so me thinks there is not going to be any major collapse any time soon...to bad so sad.
If you want any change your going to have to do it the old fashion way, by doing it yourselves. Because all you leaders and politicians don't have the power and never actually did, other then the power to make themselves richer of the gullibility of people that is.

But I know the rich and there games of scaring the populous so that the populous gives them money and power will be still going on. It will be just the same ol same ol that has been going on for thousands of years. And this soros like everybody else is just out to make a buck, or couple of billion of bucks, off the system and the stupidity of the sheeple, just like everybody else.

Garbage in, garbage out.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
Proof?Source? Or are you just spewing what you read on some blog? He's actually saved quite a bit of people from bankruptcy or worse. You might want to read up about him, he has given billions to institutions and various organizations of charity. Just because he accurately predicts economic disasters and profits from them doesn't mean he caused them.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020

Proof?Source? Or are you just spewing what you read on some blog? He's actually saved quite a bit of people from bankruptcy or worse. You might want to read up about him, he has given billions to institutions and various organizations of charity. Just because he accurately predicts economic disasters and profits from them doesn't mean he caused them.

random name is correct,
Soros did cause most of them
in the last 20 yrs.

I posted this info before, but I can't remember
specific nations but I think Soros has at least
6 notches in his belt from collapsing nations.
This includes Russia, Malaysia, and some
others I forgot. I think the Malaysian President
called him the Devil or something similar.
Why don't you ask Soros why he doesn't go
back to France ???

hahahaha

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Soros is a Marxist, he wants the system to collapse. I wouldn't trust anything he says. The sad thing is that the people are going to be the ones who suffer for the greedy, misguided actions of their governments. Can't wait until a loaf of bread costs 200$ and a gallon of milk goes for 300$. Fun Times!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Thanks for the reply and the info.
Appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Hey I just want to point out to everyone that this Soros guy took after Karl Popper, who is known for his Critical rationalism which he better describes in his book, "The Open Society and Its Enemies". (Google and read what it's about!) anyways my point is there's no way Soros is a "bad guy", so something like this coming from him would be imo good proof that there's a train wreck coming in the near future.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by zero1020

random name is correct,
Soros did cause most of them
in the last 20 yrs.

I posted this info before, but I can't remember
specific nations but I think Soros has at least
6 notches in his belt from collapsing nations.
This includes Russia, Malaysia, and some
others I forgot. I think the Malaysian President
called him the Devil or something similar.
Why don't you ask Soros why he doesn't go
back to France ???

hahahaha
Source or proof? You can't just make accusations and present no proof. And as far as the France incident goes, everyone makes mistakes and he paid for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The actions of Goldman Sachs are quite alarming. They are now outsourcing 1000 bank jobs to Singapore.

Perhaps they are thinking of moving their entire operation there.

Are they predicting the crumbling of the U.S.?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Soros is almost certainly lining his investors pockets, who can blame him, that's part of his job, and sure enough, he will gain too of course. I agree that the world is on the edge. We are repeating history as we always do.

Let's see, shall we think back to prior to the first world war, Germany.

Hitler realised that the Jews in his country had managed to lend their way into owning almost all of the large businesses and banks. Keeping the best jobs for themselves and firing the German workers. So what did he do?

The only difference today is that it is most of the western world that they have a grip on, not just Germany.
Obviously not all Jews, just a certain few.

Then just before the 2nd world war, USA, just coming out of the great depression, how did the good old USA fix that? It made Guns, Tanks and bombs, then sold them to the rest of the world.

Jobs and money. We have BOTH of the above today.

War is almost inevitable unless something major happens. Exactly how and where it will start is still hard to say though. This is all pre-planned IMHO.

Take Greece, the IMF has them in a noose, they tighten it and force Greece to sell it's big businesses to the private sector. Just watch which companies dive in and buy them....

George Orwell was spot on, it's happening now. 80% of Greek citizens do not want the austerity, yet it still happens. Democracy, what a joke if you are Greek right now.

Greece should default, pull out of the Eurozone, bring back the Drachma, restructure and tell the IMF to go whistle.

Tell me the IMF is not already our new one world government.

I see the riot police shooting at protestors in Greece. Tear gas, bat tons and more. Democracy. Blah.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That the system has worked so many times in the past is proof that it can work.

Actually, the fact that something worked in the past is NOT proof that it can work in the present. Its a very common logical fallacy called, "Argument to history." Your car may start every day for 9 years, and one day refuse to start. Thats because a variable has changed and you arent aware of it. (Some part has worn out.)

Thats not to say that the system can NEVER work again, because it cant work now. You can repair the broken part. But there is a reason power players have been battering against limits to campaign spending. Its because of the way the system works, and how much power the media has over whom gets elected. Citizens United vs FEC was the nail in the coffin for citizens of the US having some real control over what our government does, and until something is done to prevent money from being the determining factor in political elections, there is no way we can have an impartial lawmaker elected in the US.

I disagree that the 90's were an example of the government making rules impartially. It was a time of great deregulation of many industries, and it was one of the crucial periods in setting up the horrible economic conditions we have now.

Government has been acting aggressively against the best interests of the people of the US, and the nation itself since at least the mid 1970's, although there is no firm cut off. The push to make government serve the wealthy began before the ink was even dry on the Constitution. The difference is, television and the media were not as powerful, and people still talked among themselves and someone on a soap box in the town square could still influence votes, and swing the tide back towards the good of the people. Thats no longer the case.

While we could, in theory, figure out a way to make sure that money is not the determining factor in whom gets elected, until we do, money makes the laws and policies and determines what course the nations follows. And in those conditions, government cannot be the impartial law maker we need.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If you look at the economic environment around the world from Europe to America, there is no safe economy. The world is enveloped in debt that is so large their great grand children will never be able to pay it off. These type of statements such as the one made by Soros are only meant to destabilize the economies so those who have interests in the economies can capitalize off of fear.

But he is right, there is an economic storm coming. You can feel that things are not right and the sad part is I do not think there are any mechanisms available to prevent a crisis from happening ... We just have to find a way to weather the storm!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

What changed is that so many people bought into the con job of free market idealism. Until a larger portion of the people in the U.S. wake up to this reality, then the ICs will continue to grab more and more power. Part of the problem is that the people who have taken over the democratic party are only slightly less big business, and have their own dirty little class warfare going.

Can it be fixed? Yes, but it will take a major over haul.

The mid nineties was a period when the U.S. economy was being properly regulated. Once Newt took over the House in 95, and got enough of his agenda in place in 97, things went down hill quickly. The deregulation of the late nineties is what put us in the mess that we are in.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join