It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World on the verge of an economic collapse says Soros

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

The American Dream comment made me think of this video..... George Carlin says it loud and clear.

www.youtube.com...

I couldn't figure out how to embed it? lol sorry...
edit on 28-6-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Is it planned? That is the question that I ask. What are they doing to us on a global scale? And not only that question arises...but...what do WE do about it?

Its not planned that they are going to collapse the global economy. Its just selfishness on the part of a small percentage of the population. But elements of it are planned, like tearing down national borders, and tearing down protections for national resources and people, which they think of as "labor." Globalization is planned, but the consequences of it arent, because they dont recognize in any real way that what they are doing is not workable in the long term. They could not even forcast 7-8 years into the future and see this collapse we are in now, they are blind, literally, to what they are doing, even though they are deliberately doing things to bring about that outcome.

They have no overall grasp that what they are doing really cannot work, and the speech I quoted from at the tri-lateral commisson meeting in Tokyo in May 200) is a clear indication of that. They honestly believe what they are doing is workable, at least for a decent chunk of them. They know it will hurt some people, and some nations more than others, the speaker says it,

www.iie.com...

A second part of the response has to be an honest recognition and admission that there are costs and losers. For too long, those of us on the pro-globalization side tried to ignore and deny this fact-but it clearly must be accepted and admitted. It follows from standard economic theory, and it follows from looking out the window and seeing the impact within many of our countries. This, in turn, means that something needs to be done to help deal with the costs and those who are losers. In broad terms, it requires better social safety nets in many of our countries and programs that will help the adjustment to dislocation, whether caused by globalization or other interrelated forces. The lack of transitional safety nets in the United States-effective unemployment insurance, portable health care, portable pensions-in the face of shocks generated by globalization causes enormous anxiety and unsettlement. This situation leads to the shocking fact that, in the United States, polls show that our labor force has greater levels of anxiety today with the strong economy than at the depth of the recession in 1991

But they are blinded by their own greed, and stupidity, into thinking that they can continue a game that humanity has been playing for thousands of years when in fact, we cant. Argument to history is a logical fallacy, but one many people make. Just because something worked before, doesnt mean it will always work. (War wont solve our problems either, this time, for those so inclined) What worked before wont work now because important variables have changed. No new "free" resources to exploit, no vast empty continents to shift your population overflow to, we have found our resources boundaries, and if you read economic and science journals you begin to get a sense that their plan is, "and then a miracle occurs and we discover a way out." Whether that way out is a way to make more food on the same amount of land, or harness more energy.

But "and then a miracle occurs" is not a real plan. And its not going to help us.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

does everyone think that if the world economy fails then there will be war amongst the have and have nots(i dont mean between the elites and the non elites, i mean between those who have the necessities such as food and shelter)? this seems to be the popular idea. however, i believe that it may be like this in the beginning, but it won't last long. we don't need this manufactured system to live. i think that the gov'ts have got people so scared of this that they have people ready to run straight into their graves. IMO i think that the gov'ts biggest fear is that people will realize that they don't need this phony system to live, and that people will unite. the main strategy for every powerful leader is divide and conquer, and that's generally how they roll. if there is unity then people cannot be conquered, they will become the conquerers. there is strength in numbers and the poor folks, and all the average joe's out there got the billions! so don't believe the hype, we are in this together. also IMO i think that. the way the gov't unites people behind it's ideology is to find a common enemy, terrorism is a popular example of this. i think if the system collapses then people will unite against the real common enemy, their oppressors, the gov'ts/elite and reform society (hopefully for the better).
edit on 28/6/11 by emptyOmind because: i can't spell

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When someone gets to the level of a George Soros, they make money almost accidentally.

At that level, they have so much money and investment interests in so many areas that, no matter what happens, one of their 'dogs' is going to howl.

The system is set up such that money makes money, and every move that the market makes is another money maker, regardless of what actually happens.

It is easy for outsiders to say 'he planned this' but the truth is that there is no way those at the top can truly lose.

And, you should all understand that we Already Have A One World Government.

You just don't see it.

There is but One World, and finite resources are contained therein.

The rich and powerful are not idiots, and their contingencies have been in place for literally centuries.

The reason so much vitriol is spat upon G20 and Bilderberg meetings is that they represent that government.

You'll be better off if you give up on worrying about such things, and grow a garden in your back yard instead.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
"World on the verge of an economic collapse says Soros"

No ---- Sherlock.

George Soros ....... Master of the Obvious.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

A great post. I agree with each word. (did you star my post, just curious, because it feels like you're saying what I wanted to say)
Only you went into much greater depth.

I think a lot of people have a strong sense of this. I just happen to have the background, (philosophy and business is my major and minor) to say it. I can lean heavily on the other minds that have come before us and noticed, "hey there is a real problem here."

Originally posted by dadgad
I think corporatism in essence is really just the as colonialism. Our corporations overseas are holding a colony. They deprive the nation's possibility of managing their own resources and using them for their own good. It's a very ugly reality.

Yes. They are trying incredibly hard to prevent people from have the right to manage and profit from their national and personal, (labor) resources because THEY want that share of profit to go to themselves. Many people dont notice that all this hype about "bringing barriers down to trade" NEVER includes barriers between corporations. If barriers to trade are just "bad" why are we reinforcing them, (intellectual property law, property law, making it harder for people to sue them) AROUND corporations while tearing them down between nations?

Its because a lack of barriers is NOT good for the individuals within those barriers. Its like tearing down the walls of your fortress and filling in your moat. Its only good for those who want what you have in your fortress. And when you see that they are fortifying while smiling and telling you that you need to bring your barriers even lower, that SHOULD spark a little nervousness in you.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

My thoughts:

Deflation is scaring us to death. But inflation will kill us. And that is exactly what the ‘Deciders’ have in store for us.

Surfrat

You quote above is so exactly right....... i have thought this for a long time..

We all, Unfortunately are NOT as wealthy as we think and have been living in a big big bubble...... deflation is what is required BUT TPTB seem to want inflation to wipe out debts BUT that will not work and WILL KILL US and start another war...

PDUK

www.bbc.co.uk...
Here is a clip from David Cheriton ..........( the third co-founder of Google)............ doesn't hold out much hope for the USA iMHO....
edit on 28-6-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is all BS... This is the same crap they stood in front of congress and said in 2007 and 2008 THE EXACT SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is how they stole BILLIONS FROM AMERICAN TAX PAYERS. NOW THEY ARE PUTTING GREECE ON THE HOOK FOR MORE. They are about to take what wealth of Greeces people. This is a BANK SCAM for toxic hedge fund investments they are trying to cover up the scam by using other countries to buy cover while they try to figure a way to keep ripping people off in taxes and keep them paying into the system...... Un real people don't see this...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

damn, i couldn't agree more. it's amazing how blinding ignorance and fear can be

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

The bulk of the war will be between the have nots and the have nots. I actually think the haves will be sheltered from the worst of actual fighting because they arent in conspicuous castles in small countries anymore. They can fly to their compounds in South America while the poor kill each other off for crumbs blaming this ethnic group or that for the problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

People do see this. They saw when Ireland got forced to swallow private debt, and they saw when they tried to make Iceland do the same, and they saw when Americans did too.

People see it. And they dont like it. The media just isnt covering it, making it SEEM like the majority of people are okay with it, when in fact, we really arent.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Good, honestly. We could use a good 'ol purge of the elite.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Maybe Soros is just playing the markets. He knows he has influence, he knows if he says something the markets will react. He will know which way the markets will react to his words.

Quick way to make a few bucks.

But then again, time is ticking, its getting close to the time.

st.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There is a better way. We all Know it at very least in our gut. No one has said it better than Mario Savio. Sunset of the State details our circumstance nicely.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ironic one of the culprits responsible for economicchaos is out there crying the sky is falling.
I guess he is trying to give it one last desperate personal push before the grave claims him of old age.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Coming from someone who makes a living off collapsing economy's and economic turmoil. Of course he sees it coming, He wants it to happen. He probably has a hand in planning it .

There are certain family's and individuals who have prospered beyond belief when the world is unstable. They have made enough money to last 10 generations and they have the resources to manipulate the system to ensure dominance. This man is one of those people.

Do I believe him?
If your in a Taxi and the driver says he is about to crash into a tree, you'd better put on your seat belt.
George Soros being the taxi driver id say we should probably put on our seat belts.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

... so don't believe the hype, we are in this together. also IMO i think that. the way the gov't unites people behind it's ideology is to find a common enemy, terrorism is a popular example of this. i think if the system collapses then people will unite against the real common enemy, their oppressors, the gov'ts/elite and reform society (hopefully for the better).
edit on 28/6/11 by emptyOmind because: i can't spell

Agreed. We Greece [sic] the machine and we need to stop. We can initiate this at the individual level by stop paying taxes; Stop paying mortgages; Stop paying credit card debt; Stop paying auto loans; Stop paying etc. etc. etc. We need to simply STOP.
edit on 28-6-2011 by AnotherSon because: changed grease to Greece

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
You know what the world really needs is a good plague. Make those that survive MUCH more valuable, redistribute the existing wealth to fewer people. It would force those that survive in to a sustained period of high productivity because of fear of ... well ....it happening again. War may work but, it would too haphazard and destructive - plus, unless it went nuclear or biological, it wouldn't kill enough people. Nuclear is not a good idea because it lays waste to otherwise fertile and productive land. Much better to have a plague.
V

It's funny you should mention that, back in the day in the aftermath of the Black Death the survivors in England who were in the lower classes did pretty well out of it economically.
They could practically name their price for jobs and work performed due to the extreme scarcity of people.
Even peasants were doubling their wages by tilling the fields and working the land...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
how many out there were rolling in the money before 2008, and now you just remember when it was ok to buy a new boat because you wanted too? it doesnt make good sense to waste money now. people who had good income and 20 credit cards, lost their jobs or extra income, defaulted, lost their house because it was too expensive and an ARM mortgage could be refinanced later,and later came too quick . its time to pay now and every one is tapped. from 2008 till now, the economic crises waddles along on rented crutches. rent is due... now. the renta-center truck is out in your front yard. it has to fall somewhere. if all forgive the debt.. it will start fresh. if not it wont run at all. its like push starting a truck, in a traffic jam. if greece is a model for what will happen to the rest of us as the dominos fall, please refer to the survival forum for directions..www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

S & F

With all the propaganda around 2012 ( which could be to prepare our mind to accept the chaos phase ), it's possible that 2008 was a stomach punch and 2011 will be the Knockout Uppercut to make the world enter 2012 in a world economic crash....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join