It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF fires hero who exposed their ``let's give guns to mexican cartels`` operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The guy is a hero. But of course those SOBs at the ATF sure don't like good people exposing their crimes.

'Project Gunrunner' Whistleblower Says ATF Sent Him Termination Notice

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is being accused of retaliating against an agent who helped publicize the agency’s role in allowing thousands of guns to cross the U.S. border and fall into the hands of Mexican drug gangs.

The agent, Vince Cefalu, who has spoken out about the ATF's so-called "Project Gunrunner" scandal, says he was served with termination papers just last week, and he calls the move politically motivated.

“Aside from Jay Dobyns, I don't know of anyone that's been more vocal about ATF mismanagement than me,” said Cefalu, a senior special agent based in Dublin, Calif. “That's why this is happening.” Dobyns, an ATF special agent based in Tucson, has appeared several times on Fox News to discuss the scandal.

ATF leadership, being true to themselves, acting like scum once again. What a surprise for the murderers of Waco and countless others.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, losing a job isn't good in this economic climate...and I believe we still have real Patriots working for the Government, but why would he even want to continue working for these thugs?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i woulda done the same thing better to lose a job than to sell your soul for a paycheck.

hope the dude lands on his feet he deserves too and the federal government should lose their jobs instead.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well depending on how this unfolds his job may be the least of his worries. People tended to meet with mysterious ends during the Whitewater investigations if memory serves. They must be worried if they are being this blatant! Isn't there supposed to be some sort of protection for whistleblowers?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I can't believe this bull. i can't even type. What a hot load of stepped in pig crap. If Bush had sold guns to the hell, anybody, it would've been a fiasco. Wow. Heads should roll, and not this guy either.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I hope that ATF guy doesn't fall trip off a building, or commit suicide in a porta-potty... Disband the AFT, and while your at it the CIA,FBI,IRS Federal Reserve and all the other "you know whats" that float to the top

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Bush blatently lied to Congress and the public for the reason to take us into 2 wars. Bankrupt the country not counting all the lives that have been lost. Its time to take the blinders off. Bush, Obama,they are all criminals and need to be in prison instead of running the government.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i woulda done the same thing better to lose a job than to sell your soul for a paycheck.

hope the dude lands on his feet he deserves too and the federal government should lose their jobs instead.

Uggh, I hate to do this, but Neo I absolutely 100% agree with you, that hurt to say

Well, how deep does this asinine attempt to "under the radar" remove our 2nd amendment go, and let's not put it all on Barry either, these operations go back to 2005 and a few started in 2008, he kept them going though.

We have, that we know of:
Project Gunrunner
Operation Fast and Furious
Operation Too Hot to Handle &
Operation Wide Receiver

Well this is one time that I end up agreeing with Neo and hope that Darrell Issa can uncover more of this treachery.

(Man this post really hurts, agree with Neo AND hope that Issa does well
)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This was something called a "Buy and bust" which some neofanatical site got wind of and spun it to say, "ATF selling arms to the cartels" knowing that the idiots of society wouldn't be able to form an original thought!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
In-line with any Federally-mandated job. If you blow a whistle, no matter how righteous that whistle is, you no longer have a job. In-fact, you will never have a job as far as government oversight is concerned. ATF, DEA, CIA, Congress, FAA!!!!!, the list goes on. You blow the whistle, you blow your employment right along with it. Well worth it. We should set aside a citizen-run program that collects donations so that men and women like this guy can retire early, or at least get some income until they can find employment. Think how many more whistle-blowers would step forward if they were at least guaranteed financial stability in the aftermath.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
This was something called a "Buy and bust" which some neofanatical site got wind of and spun it to say, "ATF selling arms to the cartels" knowing that the idiots of society wouldn't be able to form an original thought!

Yeah except they never busted anyone. Nor did they inform the mexican government. Nor did they have any plan to get back the weapons.

Sorry but the whole operation was crap.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
He should be careful he may end up dead as who knows what other secrets he might reveal. I hope he left right away and is not still working till some later terminations date. Take the hit Vince and move on with your life or these scum may kill you. They just might anyway. Still agent Vince has been part of a group enforcing pseudo laws on people who have harmed no one and extorting tax money from them etc. so Karma is at work here to. Glad he did the right thing now take your licks and enjoy your family and try to be a better person from now on.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
He should be careful he may end up dead as who knows what other secrets he might reveal. I hope he left right away and is not still working till some later terminations date. Take the hit Vince and move on with your life or these scum may kill you. They just might anyway. Still agent Vince has been part of a group enforcing pseudo laws on people who have harmed no one and extorting tax money from them etc. so Karma is at work here to. Glad he did the right thing now take your licks and enjoy your family and try to be a better person from now on.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitchiloATF leadership, being true to themselves, acting like scum once again.

Ha! Very true.

It is impossible to rise to a management position in any government agency without compromising your morals.

The more you compromise your morals and sense of right-and-wrong, the higher you rise. It's a vetting process designed specifically to weed out any person who puts their conscience above the needs of the agency, and promote up those willing to do whatever the organization dictates, no matter how unsavory.

If you performed well as a clerical secretary in the city Water Department at hiding the malfeasance of your bosses, ignoring waste and fraud, and attacking any co-worker deemed "unsatisfactory" by management, good for you! You qualified yourself to move up to assistant manager of the Water Department.

It works that way from Dog Catcher all the way up to Secretary of State.

Governments are based upon a claim of monopoly on the use of violence in a particular geographic area. From that foul root, it would be silly to expect a wholesome, honest, tree to grow.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So being a government agency involved in covert operations,we have to look deeper than the cover story. What was the real reason why we were selling guns to drug cartels in mexico.

1.To bring the Mexican government to its knees so that the Americans can get involved in another war.
A.To secure our boarders from armed thugs.
B.Protect our national security.
C.Secure the gulf and its oil stocks.

2.Something as simple as restricting our rights.
A.Ban assult weapons that these thugs got from "America"
B.Ban high capacity magazines used in such weapons.

From what I`ve been reading the store owners were forced by the ATF to supply these weapons under threat of loosing their licenses to sell.

Thoughts?

Bill

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Yeah except they never busted anyone. Nor did they inform the mexican government. Nor did they have any plan to get back the weapons.

Sorry but the whole operation was crap.

They never had any plans in place as to how they were actually going to make good on their busting these guys.

I guess they were just winging it?

It turns out that the ATF had no plan or ability to track the guns all the way to the Mexican border or beyond. They had no plan to grab the bad guys when the got the guns from the straw buyers. Instead, they just sold the AK-47s, stood back and hoped for the best.

Is this how most "buy and bust" operations go? The cops force retailers to break the law and let the straw purchaser walk then they sit on their hands and watch as foreign nationals commit atrocious crimes with no plan or even ability to make arrests?

Good plan.
Heroes one and all.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I guess they were just winging it?

No. The ATF gun give-away program was to reward a particular Mexican drug cartel for their service to the U.S. government.

Governments ignore illegality committed by whomever pays them the most, and prosecute the competitors of the payers.

It has been this way for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

you almost got it spot on. Bush and Obama are two heads of the same coin, imo. They are both bought and paid for by the Bankster/corporate Elite who put them there and told them what to do. Those are the people who need to be put in jail.
edit on 2-20-2014 by Zona because: (no reason given)

top topics

join