It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fires Enter Los Alamos Lab Complex .. Zero Containment..Nuke Material At Risk & Others...???!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
UPDATE:

6/28/2011 7:00PM - Los Alamos National Laboratory tonight announced it will remain closed through Thursday, June 30 because of risks presented by the Las Conchas Fire and the mandatory evacuation of Los Alamos town site. Laboratory facilities will be closed for all activities and nonessential employees are directed to remain off site. Personnel are considered nonessential unless they have received specific instructions from their supervisors to report to the Laboratory. Employees should check local news sources, Los Alamos County Emergency Radio on AM 1610, the LANL Update Hotline (505-667-6622) and the LANL web page (www.lanl.gov) for updates.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The brown stuff has hit the fan.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I haven't even finished watching the vid. I
had to stop when I saw the fire coming up over
the ridge. I will finish watching but right
now I am very concerned, almost speechless.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Las Conchas Pushes Estimated 15,000 Acres North into Santa Clara

The Las Conchas Fire has spread an estimated 15,000 acres to the north into the Santa Clara canyon and pueblo, fire officials said.

Los Alamos, however, is “in the best shape we’ve been in since this thing started,” said Fire Chief Doug Tucker.

Fire crews built a strong line along State Road 501 to protect the city and the laboratories, and Tucker was confident the city is in good shape.

Winds today pushed the fire several miles north into the canyon, instead of east toward the city. Though it is good news for the city, the fire is still growing quickly, burning an estimated 20,000 additional acres, with 15,000 acres to the north of the existing fire area. The total acreage burned is thought to be approximately 90,000, though more accurate numbers will become available through the night.

Good...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticangel
reply to post by theendisnear69

Kob channel 4 is reporting that nothing is in danger.

WOW.... lmao, the hype is killing me!

I'm sure the nuke material is quite safe, as MILITARY LABORATORIES ARE USUALLY DEFOLIAGED HUNDREDS OF FEET FROM INSTALLATIONS...

Might get a lil smokey, but if the nuke material indeed gets released WITHOUT A DOUBT IT WAS INTENTIONALLY DONE...

Archives, out!

Watch this one carefully folks, this may be thier next 9/11...

Edit to add...

OK, I recind my earlier comment, I didn't consider historic sites. THE TREES ALONE IN THOSE AREAS ARE HIGHLY TOXIC...

Anyone got any wind direction / radioactive monitoring site locations in the area available!?

Might be time to hit the road here in Las Vegas....
edit on 30-6-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: corrections

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
UPDATE:

6/30/2011 8:40 - Though no fires are burning on Los Alamos National Laboratory property, numerous personnel are actively engaged in fire mitigation projects throughout the Laboratory’s 36 square miles. Crews are in the process of thinning fuels and improving existing fire roads at five locations on Laboratory property. One project is specifically dedicated to reducing potential fuel sources in the vicinity of Area G, the Laboratory’s Radioactive Waste Storage and Disposal Facility. As part of that project, crews are using industrial-sized mowers and large-vegetation mulching machines known as “Masticators” to reduce grasses, shrubs and small trees along Pajarito Road. Crews are also conditioning fire roads in the vicinity and spraying water to moisten potential ignition sources. Crews are engaged in similar activities along West Jemez Road, at an access area close to N.M. 4 just southwest of the community of White Rock, along a power line corridor located between the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center and the Laboratory’s Radioactive Liquid Waste Treatment Facility, and around the Laboratory’s explosive materials firing site northwest of the entrance to Bandelier National Monument. “These activities will help further protect the Laboratory from wildfire,” said Laboratory Director Charlie McMillan. “We are extremely appreciative of the continuing efforts of firefighting crews and Laboratory employees who are diligently protecting the nation’s premier national security science facility. These efforts will help us continue our national security mission.” No wild fires are currently burning on Lab property. All of the Laboratory’s nuclear and hazardous materials, including its waste and environmental remediation sites, are safe, accounted for, and protected. In earlier news, LANL announced Wednesday that it would remain closed through Friday, July 1. Laboratory employees seeking further information about the Las Conchas fire should check local news sources, Los Alamos County Emergency Radio on AM 1610, the LANL Update Hotline 505-667-6622 and the LANL web page www.lanl.gov for updates. for official fire updates. For more information, go to http//www.lanl.gov/news/releases/fire_updates.html

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
UPDATE:

7/4/2011 10:7 - Los Alamos National Laboratory has announced it will re-open to employees on Wednesday, July 6, 2011, after being closed for more than a week during the Las Conchas fire, the largest wildfire in New Mexico history. Only senior leaders and essential services will be be permitted at the Lab on Tuesday. If you have not been contacted by senior leaders, please DO NOT show up until Wednesday. All LASO employees are to return to work Tuesday. For more information, go to http//www.lanl.gov/news/releases/fire_updates.html

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Conchas fire is still burning....
Some pics from Hiway 550 and from my house taken 5 min. ago. It looks like clouds but it is smoke.
70 mi away
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1eaa266a175f.jpg[/atsimg]
40 mi away
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16e0c68ce0f6.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 17-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join