It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fires Enter Los Alamos Lab Complex .. Zero Containment..Nuke Material At Risk & Others...???!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
From their website: www.lanl.gov...

6/28/2011 7:32 - Laboratory to remain closed Wednesday, June 29. Only employees on an essential-duties access list will be permitted back onto Laboratory property during the closure, as notified by their line management. All others are urged to remain off-site until facilities have been safely reopened. The Laboratory has posted a number of pictures to its Flickr photo site, www.flickr.photos... .

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I keep the faith that the highly trained and professional crews that are responding to this fire will be victorious. Be safe out there guys and gals, and keep a foot in the black and those tools sharp.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

If a forest fire could affects this, we are seriously in trouble as a nation!

BTW don't they keep the sensitive material underground. . . I was there 2 weeks ago and this just seems like some reporter needed something interesting to write about today.
edit on 6/27/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

you were at the los alamos lab two weeks ago? they let civilians in there??

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind

Are you assuming he/she is a civilian? BTW, some of the scientists (most likely all) are "civilian", not military. Just sayin'.

I heard today that the facility is secure. It was on the MSM, to take that for what it's worth. I'm actually a little bored with all the doom and gloom and sensationalistic nature of threads like this.
edit on 28-6-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Los Alamos has been on fire before. Can't say that the USA at large will be affected or in any more danger than it already is. Definitely not a false flag. Armed Security is still ultra tight up there. Although bad, local reports express that the highly sensitive areas are in no danger at this time and have been re-evaluated after the last catastrophic fire many years back. Many people I know of in the Santa Fe area had some illnesses following the last big fire (shingles, morgellons, unexplained aches / pains, etc.) so us locals may be at risk for some of this #... as well as nearby areas from the cloud of crap that is blowing east... we will see the effects of this over the next month or so as far as illnesses and bodily symptoms. Hopefully this will be contained soon, a little less wind up here today. Peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OMG its the end of the world.

Shag everyone in sight.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Now if chemtrail weather modification existed, this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. Now wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
is an epidemy, part of the process of the secret agenda to creat a NWO out of chaos? Every disasters are merging it's one after another, maybe it will increase to a point that we will not be able to fight back...and out of chaos will emerge a New World Order...
edit on 28-6-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You gotta wonder what kind of mutated creatures escaped from the labs during the fires...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
From the same page of the webcam that was linked earlier....

web.live.weatherbug.com... 2&camera_id=LSLMC&lid=CSI

Select Animation 'past hour'

That does look like smoke blowing in.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When I visit the Pueblo Chemical Depot in Colorado, even that material.. and it is hardly as hazardous as nuclear material (mustard gas, other chemicals).. is kept in buried concrete bunkers. I can't see how a wildfire could get to the materials there. I imagine it's fairly safe from fires - they do think of this sort of thing, when they secure the materials.

They just don't account for massive earthquakes followed by massive tsunamis.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If there is sensetive biological pathogens or whatnot in there, then I wouldn't worry...
such things will be well protected...behind firewalls that could probably withstand a volcano erupting right on them...a forest fire is nothing...there may be some exterior structure damage, but anything of significance is very safe.

Now, nuclear waste...thats a different matter...all depends on their disposal containers...some nuke waste storage is little more than a rock building...however, fire trying to go through a few feet of concrete won't have much luck.

I would venture to say this is more sensationalism than actual threat

and if not...well, whats the worst that could happen anyhow...its racoon city..umbrella corp would contain any issues that pop up

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by emptyOmind

Are you assuming he/she is a civilian? BTW, some of the scientists (most likely all) are "civilian", not military. Just sayin'.

I heard today that the facility is secure. It was on the MSM, to take that for what it's worth. I'm actually a little bored with all the doom and gloom and sensationalistic nature of threads like this.
edit on 28-6-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

you're right, i was just surprised by the casualness of the way she said it, like it's burger king or something. it's a pretty serious lab and no offense but she looks a little young to be a scientist working there. but hey, i could be wrong

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Now if chemtrail weather modification existed, this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. Now wouldn't it?

Maybe they already did

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0512f5b42a2a.jpg[/atsimg]

Cameras for: Albuquerque, NM 87104 6/28/2011

Live Camera from:
Los Alamos County, Los Alamos, NM 87544

8:05 P.M Atlantic

11:05 gmt ?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Report: Radioactive tritium very close to Los Alamos fire, about half a mile away — Lab would be the last to tell you if there was a serious problem

But but but but ... all is well. Trust the gov.

Also :

Fire within 2 miles of the radioactive dump area. No fire on the property lab yet. Senator saying that the entire radioactive dump area to be filled with foam to protect it from fire.

So far, no release of radioactive material detected.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am afraid by morning there will be a very
dangerous situation at hand for everyone
in NM and eventually elsewhere. Stay
safe everyone!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So, the movie goes like this:

LANL is essentially off-line. The ESA weapons response guys are scattered all over the place.

And then...Pantex has a weapons accident. Amarillo is four hours away from destruction, and no one can find the weapons emergency response teams - they're spread over four states on vacation waiting for the fire to go out.

Tick...tick...tick...

So they dig up Bruce Willis, as the retired WER guy, and you need a comic relief guy, say Zach Galafianikis as the irresponsible but brilliant Sigma 1 design guy who try to disarm the thing without nuking half of Texas.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
"It contains approximately 20,000 barrels of nuclear waste," former top security official Glen Walp said. "It's not contained within a concrete, brick and mortar-type building, but rather in a sort of fabric-type building that a fire could easily consume.
abcnews.go.com...

www.connectmidmissouri.com...

The wildfire has destroyed 30 structures south and west of Los Alamos, for many stirring memories of a blaze in May 2000 that destroyed hundreds of homes and buildings in town.

The anti-nuclear watchdog group Concerned Citizens for Nuclear Safety said the fire appeared to be about 3.5 miles from a dumpsite where as many as 30,000 55-gallon drums of plutonium-contaminated waste were stored in fabric tents above ground.

web.live.weatherbug.com...
Other good webcam is Featured Cameras Los Alamos County, only press featured ..
edit on 29-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

They should at least be hitting the area with some good ol cloud seeding IMO.
This is the sort of thing where they should pull out all the stops and throw as many resources as as possible.
I hope they are.

Whose bright idea was it to keep all the waste in tents of all things?
Doesn't seem the cleverest of ideas at all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join