It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fires Enter Los Alamos Lab Complex .. Zero Containment..Nuke Material At Risk & Others...???!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If they've only got a level 3 containment lab, they shouldn't be working on the Marberg virus...its a level 4 containment virus, and there is no cure or treatment for it....ewww

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Thank you for posting this....it's pretty serious. I don't know why this will be your last time on ATS, but I hope it's nothing serious....I wish you the best....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the nice wishes. Just call it bad Karma

edit on 27-6-2011 by kissitgoodbye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
If they've only got a level 3 containment lab, they shouldn't be working on the Marberg virus...its a level 4 containment virus, and there is no cure or treatment for it....ewww

Indeed. I was wrong and you were right, they indeed do have a biosafety level 3 lab...

About the marburg virus, I don't think they actually have the virus on site... well I hope not anyway. The document talked more about an analysis of pandemic/disease propagation then analyzing the actual virus.

More info on the fire and the nuclear risk...

Fast-moving wildfire nears Los Alamos nuclear lab

The laboratory's plutonium facility is on the northeast side of the complex, while the fire seems to be moving south and east, said another lab spokesman Kevin Roark.

"The facility is very well protected from any kind of wildland fire threat," said Roark. He said the facility survived a May, 2000 wildfire that claimed some lab buildings and did more than $1 billion in damage.

They say the plutonium facility... but does it include the nuclear waste area? If so, good... and I hope the fire doesn't change direction.

Apparently the nuclear dump is between Los Alamos and White Rock. And the fires are west of that position. The fires are going east... so if the fires continue their current path, they will hit the nuclear dump area.... I hope they stop it before it's too late.

More info here :
New fire near los alamos burns 43000 acres in less than 24 hours
edit on 27-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

God bless everybody here! Be Safe and Be Well! My thoughts and prayers to all affected by the tragic wild fires in New Mexico and around the western states. Will this disaster stuff ever stop??? Please keep the thread going for the info of the people who need it. Love and Blessings to all Kissit!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have been reading here off and on
all day, if things don't change soon
the fires will meet up with the dump -
and then what? I hate to think of it.
Stay peaceful and safe.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm pretty confident that all the extra bad stuff was moved or stored underground in super duper containment.

this is the lab that created trinity is it not?
Its not some wood shack surrounded by scrub.

I feel confident the US government has this little issue handled.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
probably the boffins want a brand new super computer rig so claiming the old one is fire damaged will help get them back up the super 500 lists

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Last I heard , Tech Area 49 is on fire. Fire is also 3 miles from the dump, that is where the 30,000 drums are. I can't be sure about the plutonium drum count, the count was reported on twitter. The fire is also 4 miles from the town of Loa Alamos this from the tv ticker at 1:30 am . The winds have picked up, the town in now empty . Other wise it's a ghost town now. 18,000 peope evacuated. Fire Crews are concentrating on the labs.

There seems not be enough crews to fight this fast fire, and I do mean very fast. The town might be gone by tomorrow.

From what I do know the waste is suppose to be in the canyon containment. If that's true then the canyon storage place must be full , that's why it's under a tent. oh most of LANL is above ground not below . Don't who said that,

LANL is calling in contamination teams. That I'd from twitter

If that fire hits the lab I'm gone from NM for a while.

Follow @nmfire on twitter
edit on 28-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I did some searching and these 2 articles are the latest Ive been able to find.

Mandatory evacuation of Los Alamos ordered because of wildfire threat

The ominous orange glow was visible at night from deserted Trinity Drive in Los Alamos, from which 12,500 residents were evacuated. The evacuation was so calm and orderly that there wasn't even a traffic accident, Police Chief Wayne Torpy said.

There was a tiny fire inside the grounds, but was quickly put out, the article says.

The spot fire scorched a section known as Tech Area 49, which was used in the early 1960s for a series of underground tests with high explosives and radioactive materials.

This article came out at 3:30am, today

www.upi.com...

A Los Alamos National Laboratory spokesman said the blaze, at the facility's southern boundary, remained a few miles from key structures on the 25,600-acre property.

It says everything dangerous is deep inside vaults, concrete and steel buildings.

But this below is what seperates this article from the rest Ive found.

The lab would not comment on a Concerned Citizens for Nuclear Safety allegation that the wildfire was about 3 miles from a nuclear dumpsite containing tens of thousands of 55-gallon drums of plutonium-contaminated waste.

The first article on my post said there's about 30,000 drums, but they are on a paved area and should be able to withstand the fire, if it gets closer.

The anti-nuclear watchdog group's Web site appeared hacked early Tuesday morning, a United Press International check indicated. Its Facebook page had six messages from people alerting the group of the possible hacking, including a message commenting on the timing of the incident happening "just as the fires started."

Well what are the odds of that?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
so wait, we are talking about a US military lab or w.e and a forest fire is causing that much damage? I'm sorry but NO S**T, we as a race are screwed if we cannot not even protect such a place against a fire

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
There is really a NUCLEAR threat to this.

Wildfire shuts Los Alamos lab, forces evacuations

The anti-nuclear watchdog group Concerned Citizens for Nuclear Safety, however, said the fire appeared to be about 3 1/2 miles from a dumpsite where as many as 30,000 55-gallon drums of plutonium-contaminated waste were stored in fabric tents above ground. The group said the drums were awaiting transport to a low-level radiation dump site in southern New Mexico.

So old Doc Brown was right after all. Maybe in 1985 he had to steal plutonium from the Libyans, but here in 2011 it's just lying out in the open, in barrels under tents. Too bad we don't have a Mr. Fusion yet, but then again, the TSA would probably have to inspect it every time I drove...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In my time living in NM it has always been common knowledge that nuclear waste is being transported all the time through out much of the state...you know headed to this state or that states facility. I would be inclined to believe that they do have a holding area above ground covered by tents. They don't worry about people stealing them or tampering because that town is covered in cameras to watch everybody and everything...it is basically owned by the government. Has anyone checked to see if they can get a sat image of the area?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
livewire.koat.com...

This is a live blog of what is going on up there in Los Alamos. My husband who is fighting the fire up there yesterday told me it is taking the same path as the Cerro Grande!! It is at the Ski Basin. I think we need to stop and think about that thousands of people who have been evacuated again and are reliving this devilish nightmare again!! It is scary for all. This morning they stated it as 1/2 mile away from the closest home!! The labs are taken care of the Fire Fighters have been trained to take care and protect those labs but lets focus on the residence that have been put out and have no idea that if their new home that they built after cerro grande is going to be remaining. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that have been affected by the Las Conchas Fire!!
And lets pray that all the fire fighters come back unharmed!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Nmfireinfo.com

another good up to date website on the Las Conchas Fire

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Look ok from Los Alamos National Laboratory, like fire is pacify ..

web.live.weatherbug.com...

Picture before 5 min from
Featured Cameras Los Alamos County, Los Alamos, NM 87544

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8f1a194d8a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Picture from 27 Jun

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af0ed65d9df2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 28-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Why is this your last night on ATS? Is there anything any of us can do to help you?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I could have that fire put out in a couple hours.

Go on Mexican TV and tell them if they carry a bucket of water across the border and get that fire put out by midnight...they get immediate US Citizenship.

Whallah....fires out.....Mexico's empty.

Send in the military and make it several new states.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This was just reported on dutch news, said the situation was dire but under control for now. Looks really under control to me.

I hope for poeple living in the area to stay safe.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
While the dangers at Los Alamos are indeed most concerning, it is also I feel just a planned event of a larger plan that I feel is being used for distraction away from larger problems along the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers involving the many nuclear reactor sites and their nuclear spent fuel rods that are stored from Utah, Nebraska and lead all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.

Consider the following public safety concerns and you will begin to see that perhaps my concerns are warranted.

Many years of neglected and stockpiled nuclear waste is located at Los Alamos and much of it is plutonium that could be destroyed or impacted by the wild fires that caused this disaster in the first place. While spent fuel rods and radiative waste are current real world problems along the Missouri and the Mississippi Rivers, it is this latest concern with Los Alamos that started me thinking about how once again years of neglected waste material were involved. That got me thinking about the decades of stockpiled waste materials involved.

The billions of dollars that would have cost big business and the many years needed to monitor and to implement federal regulations to properly dispose of are all being swept aside on the basis of an emergency which is of course being blamed on natural wild fires and natural flooding for those along the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.

Both areas of concerns are inundated with years of stockpiled radioactive waste materials or fuel rods,but also consider that all of big business could be using the flooding or wild fires to dispose of years of stockpiled and problematic waste material that would have cost billions to dispose of in accordance to federal regulations. Even raw sewage is being disposed of and justified as part of some emergency declaration that the floods justified.

If Los Alamos can be used as a major nuclear waste disaster of the type it poses, then all elevated future radioactivity levels within the States and along the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers could and will be blamed on the Los Alamos disaster instead of the issues involved in the nuclear sites along the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.

By keeping the focus on Los Alamos and the real problems that years of radioactive materials pose, no one will be actively looking along the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers for the elevated and increased levels of radioactive waters contaminated with years of chemicals and toxic elements that have been stockpiled and managed to the cost detriment of the corporations having to contend with such waste materials. These stockpiles will reach from the north all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. Spent fuel rods and other nuclear problems are the concern and many already are aware of this major danger involving the spent fuel rods.

In effect, the flooding and the wild fires serve as needed natural disasters for the covert planning and since these reasons are being milked as they are, it also serves to get rid of years of waste materials that have been stockpiled along the way, thus saving billions to the corporations involved. It even provides political leverage of sorts for future elections and regulations.

This is why I feel that Los Alamos will be used as a staged distraction and as an excuse to hide the future increased radioactive levels within the nation and mostly along the flooding and the two rivers involved. By having Los Alamos to blame all reports of increased radioactivity on, then all the problems along the flooded areas will take a back seat to the problems that Los Alamos will create for the nation when Los Alamos suffers severe damage due to natural wild fires.

Los Alamos is key to this larger plan and once you see it as just a part of a larger contrived plan, that is when it all becomes clear that it was very important to save billions of dollars for select corporations and to continue doing whatever it takes to contaminate the earth and depopulate those who become impacted by the intentional contamination. Los Alamos is showing itself as the danger it poses and I would take notice and what happens there because it will be used to distract from the issues already in occurrence along the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.

All dangers also conveniently fall under the NRC and so it is my hope that others will see that what is going on is a contrived false flag event being used for larger purposes that the public is not made aware of. It is a real danger that we need to pay attention to with great focus.

The following is a link the shows that high ranking scientists within the NRC are whistle blowing current public safety declarations as nothing but political influence used to make decisions about public safety for reasons that do not protect the public. These scientist say that the NRC leadership is endangering the public and with that I would think everyone would want to find out why before Los Alamos becomes the front page headline.

www.whbf.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join