It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a REAL UFO last night! Omg.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
99% Change that it was a satellite, but I can't be sure so it will stay in the UFO category.
I think that is the second one I've seen in my life.

Suddenly... I'm wondering where all the days of abductions went? In the old days, you'd at least get kidnapped for a few days after seeing a "ufo", all I got was a sore neck from staring up so long...

I want a refund.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Haha well did it make any changes in direction or just fly in a straight line?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Those days are long over i think. I rememeber watching the sky over 20 years ago... Always got me a sore neck. These days i use a Celestron C8, and i can see them up close, even their homes :p

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
reply to post by boncho

Haha well did it make any changes in direction or just fly in a straight line?

Straight line... I want to say that it did stop and change direction but I took my eyes off for a second and it just gave that impression.

The day that I see something truly unable to explain is the day I go along with all the crazy ideas out there. Boncho sees aliens = Boncho believes all the cooky crackpots...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter.be

That's incredible.

How much do those retail for?

*Starred.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
boncho... to be honest, i never know what to believe when it comes to your posts..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
boncho... to be honest, i never know what to believe when it comes to your posts..

Yeah, but this really did happen!

But it really-probably was a satellite....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
good job, UFO's dont like being seen

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Nice images AND nice music.

These days i use a Celestron C8, and i can see them up close, even their homes :p

Too much light pollution here for something like that...but what an excuse to move to the mountains!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hey Boncho

I still wonder why some people see these things and others don't. Or why no concrete contact has happened that we all can know about. I can only speculate, but after my sightings that is all I can do as they happened over 40 years ago.

Here are two of my three sightings.
1956 My first UFO

Proof? Course not. But enough to change the way I looked at the world when I was nine and to confirm that perspective when I was 15.

1963 My second UFO
I was on a YMCA teenage trip. We were in Northern California near Mt. Shasta, camping out under the stars and Castle Crags. The stars were bright and thick in those days. We had a clear view of the sky and some of us decided to look for UFOs. We saw nothing move for over two hours and no one had any sightings. I kept drifting off to sleep and waking up again and here is what I saw.

In order to stay awake, I looked for patterns in the stars. While laying on my back, I found a bright star directly overhead and as I lifted my eyes like I was looking up, I found a pattern of stars which took the shape of a large diamond. Five stars making the four points and one in the middle.

Off of the bottom corner of the diamond patter were a grouping of three more stars which formed the shape of a kite, with the top point of the kite shape being the bottom star of the diamond shape. Each time I would wake up again I would orient myself by looking at the star overhead, the stars of the diamond and the stars of the kite.

After three or four times of doing this, the final time I awoke, I found the star overhead, the stars of the diamond but the stars of the kite were nowhere to be seen. The night was still clear and the constellations were still in the same place as less than an hour had passed.

I was not stoned. And I was clear in what I was seeing. The debate was already on in the larger world as to whether or not sightings were real or imaginary. That night I spent a good period of time rechecking the sky to see if I might have become disoriented. But the pattern was the same but for the three lights of the kite.

So I don't know Boncho. Was I just a crazy kid, was I just a hopeful dreamer? Am I now to much of a realist to see anything any more. I spent many years afterwords watching the sky for oddities and had two more sightings in those early years which were more specific then just lights, but not a thing for the last 30 years though I live in a very rural area with a starfilled sky.

So I guess I fall just to the other side of the line many others cannot cross. I guess,,,,,,,

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Thanks for the post Terry. Almost made me feel sentimental in a way, did remind me of a simpler time.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

That's incredible.

How much do those retail for?

*Starred.

Depends where you but it from. The set that i have is also mountend on a equatorial mount. The set that i have, everything included, 4 very good eyepieces, one sun filter, one big battery and lamp in one, one Barlow lens and the sky was for free :p it cost me about 1800 euro. But you can have the same images for wat less than this price, to see stuff like this it will cost you 200 dollars, less or more...

Originally posted by FrenchOsage

Nice images AND nice music.

These days i use a Celestron C8, and i can see them up close, even their homes :p

Too much light pollution here for something like that...but what an excuse to move to the mountains!

Thx, but where i filed this, there is also big light pollution. and i did not even use a light pollution filter... So, you should try, and believe me, you will be amazed, cause the view and feeling you get to have when you see this live, is nothing compared to these tree little films i made!

new topics

top topics

join