It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wachovia mortgage modification TOTAL SCAM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Bailout money to help the people in trouble with their mortgages ##SNIP##

We missed our 1st payment in November hubby had a commission job. Never knew when a check would come or for how much, sometimes went 2 months with out pay. We went on several occasions and tried to pay 1 months worth when we owned for two or two months when we owed for 3 and they would not accept our payment.

We started a modification with them in Feb or March sent in tons of paperwork. In April or May something with their computer happened and our mod was closed. We restarted and resent in tons more paperwork some had to be resent from the 1st round. They would ask for paperwork. I would send it in and then a week later they would call needed new paperwork and on and on. Hubby landed a great job end of May with good pay and it is steady pay. Oh but now they had to wait for two pay stubs from the new job so everything was put on hold till we got 2 pay stubs from the new job.

Now 8 months after the 1st missed payment and 4-5 months after I started working with them(they wouldn't help till we were several months past due). We are so behind there is no way to catch up and they tell me today that the mod is denied because our current income shows we can afford the house so they cant modify us. So the past 6 months of income where we couldn't afford don't count??

What are they doing with the bail out money. We have been in this house 10 years and have been able to afford up until things went to H%ll. This house is an average ranch in an average community built in the 50s so its nothing even remotely extravagant. We didn't get more then we could afford.

If you ask me the American dream is a bunch of BS. Buy a house and in the blink of an eye the value drops and your upside down blink again and you lost your job and/or are having trouble making payments and the bank is on you, miss your property taxes and the county is on you, hell if the city wants to they can take your house so they can build on the land. So what the F&^% is the point!!
edit on Mon Jun 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Does anyone know of anyone that has actually had a mortgage modified by Wachovia or do they just string everyone on till there is no chance of recovery and then deny them.

I should add that I was orginially a World savings mortgage that was passed to Wachovia then to Wells Fargo.

I am really starting to wonder if Wells is cleaning all the World Savings customers out and dumping them.

Anyone???

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My friend had his mortgage sold to Wells Fargo. They gave him the run-around until he contacted www.makinghomeaffordable.gov... They got on a 3-way call and suddenly Wells Fargo got their # together. I'd contact them and tell them what you've been put through.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thank you for posting your experience for the people. The more information like this gets out, the more people will be leary to get involved with these megacorp banks to begin with. I can't imagine the stress level at your home for the last few months, I hope it will not ruin your relationship. I wish you and your family the best of luck in getting this sorted out.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I know what you're going through. My brother and his wife went through something very similar, but their modification was handled through Wells Fargo. But eventually (I think it took almost a full year), the modification finally went through and so far, so good.

As far as the American Dream, I personally don't believe that it exists any more. A person can never actually "own" their own property in the US, because if you don't pay your taxes and fees on "your" property, then the city/county/state has the legal right to simply take it away from you.
edit on 6/27/2011 by sapient because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thank you all for the kind words. I went into this know it was iffy and a long shot but I have to say having invested so much time in paperwork gathering and faxing and phones calls and then to be denied and to have wasted all that time. I have been in tears today. It was all for nothing.

But all is not lost.. knowing that living in this world is all really just a big game and you got to know how to play to survive. I retained a bankruptcy atty months ago as my plan B. He already has most of the paperwork he needs and has been on standby ready to file a chapter 13 at a days notice just in case the bank denied me the day before a sale date.

So plan B is now in effect. I called him as soon as I got off the phone with the bank and am now waiting for a call back.

You know its crazy if they had just let us make partial payments ie pay 1 month when we owned for two or two when we owned for three, this would all have been prevented. I wonder how much money they spent fuc*ing with me all these months.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wachovia... I thought they went under? Guess they got bought up.

A few years back, they rented out one of the resorts where I live and had an all-out bash for their top guys, partied like it was 1999. They blew millions, I know for a fact, acting like kids on spring break. A week later they went under. Funny how that works.

Sorry you are having to deal with that, unfortunately your story it not at all uncommon these days. Come to think of it, I can't recall any positive tales of people being helped by the "mortgage modification" programs. Scam is right.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
**update.....

Well since my last post about my mod being denied. We have filed for a chapter 13. it was filed on the July 19th. Hearing date 8/30. I was advised by my atty I needed to make the next mortgage payment after filing which was 8/1 Monday. On Friday I took CASH down to a branch office of Wells Fargo (took over Wachovia) and was turned away they refused to take my cash and told me to call an 800 number. My atty said that maybe because the payment was set up for the 1st that it would not be in the computer until the 1st. So on Monday the 1st I took my payment in CASH again to a different branch. They refused it again. I called my atty from the bank, he called the 800 number and was told they will not take my CASH I have to send them a PERSONAL CHECK in the mail or over the phone. So to recap Wells Fargo does not accept CASH but will only take a personal check from a person that is in foreclosure and just filed for bankruptcy. Who the F&^^% doesn't take cash but wants a personal check in a situation like this!!! If you ask me they are trying to set us/people up to bounce a check and then I bet they get the bankruptcy thrown out.

The public trustee that is handling the sale was not aware of the bankruptcy until 1-2 days before the sale date of 8/3 and I don't know if that was because I told my atty their website was not showing the bankruptcy and he notified them or what. Can you imagine what would have happened if the trustee was not notified in time and the house sold at auction. Of course the sale would not be valid but if we had just paid an atty to file and nothing else. Would i have then had to hire one to get through all the issues with the sale??

Its like Wells/wachovia have trip wire set up at every turn to rig it so they win.

and now yesterday we get a letter from the bank advising us that our payment is going from $900 to 1350 in October. We didn't have the mortgage escrowed before and I guess at some point maybe while attempting to do the modification they decided to escrow it. We cant afford a jump like that right now. I calculated what we were paying before everything hit the fan vs what their escrow payment is and the insurance is almost 200 more a month then what we paid when we were doing it ourselves.

My atty and I decided I would try to call them and get the escrow removed. That will be tomorrow. I pray they will remove the escrow if not we are screwed and everything we have done to save the house was for nothing. We kept up on everything insurance wise when we did it ourselves, property taxes, home and flood insurance. The insurance was lost at the same time if not after we got behind on the mortgage and everything hit the fan.

So thats my update hopefully this helps others going through this. I am so glad we went with the full representation bankruptcy atty instead of the cheaper just help you file and be done types. I went with the one i did just so we would have someone with us at the hearing. I never imagined I would ran into so many issues that I would need help with between filing and the hearing.

top topics

join