It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils underground missile silo, poises for US-Turkish attack on Syria. Iron Dome for Haifa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It’s all about the long time plan (called the green belt starting from the North Africa up to Tibet borders) in M.E since 1900 by the British Empire with Iran in focus.

Nothing new in here..

And please!!… DEBKA as the news source..?

Jesus ….

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Let's see. Iran has missiles in silos. And they have said that they are targeted on US and other assets in the middle East. I believe Iran has the right to put weapons in silos. They can target whoever they want. When they develop and deploy an SSBN, B-2 Bomber, Cruise Missile equipped Naval Vessels, and a robot space vehicle that has a huge payload bay, and a working Anti-satellite/ABM system, I might start to worry. For now, I just remeber Iran as the country that fought Iraq to a military stand still for 10 years that accomplished exactly nothing, except getting alot of Iranians and Iraqis killed. Iran talks smack like North Korea talks smack. We'll see if they're ready to back that smack talk up.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

For a non-western nation, Iran has a powerful military with high moral. However, compared to pretty much any western nation, they are severely outmatched technologically.

It's total and complete BS whenever someone says that Iran is a big threat to the EU or the USA since they don't have any means to establish air-dominance by using 3-4th generation fighters.
They also don't exactly have a carrier group for force-projection.
That pretty much means that even IF Iran wanted to invade the west, they won't be able to secure the airspace, destroy SAM sites and have a quick delivery-system for their ground troops to invade.

What I think is that Iran is intimidated by Israels' threats and ruthlessness against its neighboring countries which is the big reason behind Iran developing its military at a faster phase. Israel and the USA can crush Iran in conventional war but if Iran develops a nuclear bomb and a reliable delivery-system, the US and Israel would think twice before invading which would put a hold on Israels' agenda of tyranny.

That's the reason why Israel and the USA are so in favor of a preemptive strike against Iran- de-clawing the target before being comfortable enough to unleash hell.

IT--
edit on 1-7-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join