It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils underground missile silo, poises for US-Turkish attack on Syria. Iron Dome for Haifa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Iran unveils underground missile silo, poises for US-Turkish attack on Syria. Iron Dome for Haifa

www.debka.com

Iran's big Great Prophet Mohammad War Games 6 was launched Monday, June 27, ahead of a Turkish operation against Syria's Assad regime which is anticipated by its military and Revolutionary Guards chiefs. DEBKAfile reports Tehran expected the Turkish army to have US air and naval support in case of Iranian reprisals against them both. On Day One of the exercise, Iran unveiled its first underground missile silo immune to air strikes. It held what looked like a Shahab-3
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Tensions are definitely increasing between Turkey and Syria with Syrian army troops moving into several border towns and 1,500 people in one day fleeing into Turkey at the end of last week.

Also rumoured that Iranian revolutionary guards are in Syria, and are involved in the crackdown.

As soon as Turkey's Ergogan demands that Assad leave immediately, expect some sort of response from Assad and border clashes. That's where Hezbollah/Iran will become directly involved, and the US will be drawn into defending Turkey, and NATO under article V will become involved.

Also:

Last week, Iranian warships and submarines deployed in the Red Sea tracked the movements of two big US aircraft carriers, the USS Enterprise and USS George H. W Bush, which crossed each other in the Bab el-Mandeb Strait on June 21 heading in opposite directions through this strategic chokepoint between the Mediterranean Sea and Indian Ocean.

The ground-air-naval exercise is scheduled to last 10 days – unusually long for a military drill – so that Iran stands ready for a decision in Washington and/or Ankara to attack Syria.
The announcement of the exercise by Revolutionary Guards Aerospace Force commander Gen. Amir-Ali Hajizadeh Sunday, June 26, made Tehran's intentions clear: He said the exercise was being staged in response to the "growing US military presence in the region" and noted that the missiles practiced would include the Saijil and the Fateh 110.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-6-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Raytheon Delivers Patriot GEM-T Test Missiles for UAE

Raytheon has completed the first major delivery of materials under the UAE contract.

Three test missile assets were delivered to the U.S. Government to conduct United Nations testing that supports the final hazard classification for the new production run of GEM-T missiles.

"This is a significant milestone for the UAE Patriot program," said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Patriot Programs at Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS).

Protecting the UAE from Iranian missiles...

Raytheon to Upgrade Patriot for Saudi Arabia

Raytheon has received a $1.7 billion Direct Commercial Sales contract to upgrade Saudi Arabia's Patriot Air and Missile Defense System to the latest Configuration-3. The award includes ground-system hardware, a full training package and support equipment upgrades.

Protecting Saudi Arabia from Iranian missiles...

Iran in 'alarming' breaches of UN sanctions, envoys

Western nations on Thursday accused Iran of carrying out "alarming" breaches of UN nuclear sanctions, often with Syria's aid.

The United States, France and Britain also stepped up demands for the publication of a UN Security Council expert report on Iran sanctions which is being blocked by Russia.

The experts' report contains "troubling findings" about sanctions violations, said US ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice.

And of course a little propaganda.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
That's where Hezbollah/Iran will become directly involved, and the US will be drawn into defending Turkey, and NATO under article V will become involved.

Turkey would give Syria a major beating. We are talking what, one huge long time NATO supplied nation against a Iraq type nation. Its no match what so ever. Syria has also lost every war its fought in the last hundred years.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
does anyone really think Russia will sit idly by while we execute the whole region? they have already, along with china, gave warning to stay out of syria's affairs. personally what goes on there is none of the us 's business, and we should mind our own damn business. lets see where the evil that runs this government leads the people who are gullible enough to be lead to. looks as though they are preparing people for mass deaths. will you commit?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think Russia would join in.
China's the worry!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I don't think Syria is stupid enough to attack Turkey because they would get beaten not only by Turkey but by NATO. However, if Turkey starts this war than it would be considered an attack and not justify NATO to attack Syria.

If I am not mistaken, which I may be, NATO was established for defense purposes and can't go on the attack unless a fellow nation is attacked first.

But if this happens, which I think is plausible, all hell would spread from Africa and Middle East to worldwide fast. All it would take is one influential leader to band all the Muslims together to have an all out war. This type of war would be scary because you don't know who your enemy is!

I strongly believe we are on the verge of the next great war.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I dont think anything is going to happen at all. Turkey would annihilate Syria....Iran too for that matter. I dont think Syria and Iran want to fight Turkey and Israel. Turkey (as a Nato member) also has nuclear weapons on their soil. I dont know under what conditions they could be used as they are under US control, but they are there.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by john124

If I am not mistaken, which I may be, NATO was established for defense purposes and can't go on the attack unless a fellow nation is attacked first.

Queue next false flag event.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Which one? Theirs or ours?Yer spot on the situations never been readier for the spark to be struck.
I think Turkey/Isreal, Make a devastating combination to go up against.....
Iran is just not up to speed i dont think.....They have made some very inflated claims for their weaponry and expertise.....But i dont yet see them fielding much in the way of the wonderwaffen they claim to have produced.....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

I resist these scummy warlords.

oh yea..
Iran...
Blow it out your Missle Silo.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Many people are judging/betting/analysing possible scnario's here like footbal teams at a footy match.

Slight difference you should all keep in mind....footy has rules to follow...WAR follows no rules.

Whatever happens will not be simply black and white and conventional war.

Do you think for a moment that nations like Syria and Iran that have been under threat for so long from the West would not have forward operating agents in Western countries poised to attack major cities at the first hint of war in the mideast? (yes this may also be used as an excuse for a false flag I know:@@

Also, lets not forget these nations (Iran/Syria) will be fighting for their existence so you can expect chemical/biological weapons to be used pretty quickly....why would they wait to see how things are going in a week or so into any war to use them?

This will not be a pretty picture and the effects will be felt the throughout the world in many ways.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Enough talk already.
Let's light 'em up and see what happens, can't be much worse than sitting around getting old can it?
Besides, there isn't jack on cable worth watching next month.
Everybody sing along, lyrics courtesy of Megadeath....
Launch the Polaris,
the end doesn't scare us,
when will this cease,
the warheads will all rust in peace.

I highly recommend the album.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah like Iraq and Afhghanistan had "forwarding agents"? I havent seen anything from them have you?

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Many people are judging/betting/analysing possible scnario's here like footbal teams at a footy match.

Slight difference you should all keep in mind....footy has rules to follow...WAR follows no rules.

Do you think for a moment that nations like Syria and Iran that have been under threat for so long from the West would not have forward operating agents in Western countries poised to attack major cities at the first hint of war in the mideast? (yes this may also be used as an excuse for a false flag I know:@@

Also, lets not forget these nations (Iran/Syria) will be fighting for their existence so you can expect chemical/biological weapons to be used pretty quickly....why would they wait to see how things are going in a week or so into any war to use them?

This will not be a pretty picture and the effects will be felt the throughout the world in many ways.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I never mentioned anything about Iraq and Afghanistan....puzzles me why you bring this up as a reply?

Iran is a much more modern and advanced country than Iraq or Afghanistan ever were.....they have a history of supporting terrorist elements abroad.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Turkey isn't going to attack Syria.
Turkey and Syria have grown closer in recent years. As have Turkey and Iran.
Turkey even has formal relations with Hamas.

DEBKA is a propaganda and disinformation website.

Think about it for a moment. Turkey has basically destroyed relations with Israel and gotten in bed with Syria, Iran and Hamas.
Whose purpose and interests would it serve to see Turkey at war with Iran and Syria?
Whose purpose/interests would it serve to influence public opinion?

There's a "great" game of chess being played.
Don't believe everything you read, especially from sites like DEBKA.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Enough talk already.
Let's light 'em up and see what happens, can't be much worse than sitting around getting old can it?

Sounds good! I say we strap your sorry ass to the first bomb. Then you wont have to worry about getting old!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

All wars follow some historical patterns. You are right they do not have rules and are not black/white but wars do have general themes which can be studied in relation to historical events. Wars in this part of the world are not exceptions to this rule as looking back in history we can see how wars have progressed around the Eastern Mediterranean.

Anyway I think as of right now a war flaring between these two nations is a toss-up. We would be involved in the war right now just like Libya if it were not for the fact that Iran and Hezbollah are staunch allies of the Assad regime. Knowing this the West is much more cautious about their approach. If the West attacks first then Iran and Lebanon will feel compelled to join that would completely destabilize the region. It becomes even worse when you factor in the Christian minorities in this region. Without authority controlling many extremists in the Muslim majority this could turn into massive persecutions. Lebanon and Syria both have substantially large Christian populations for the Middle East and they would be the first target of the roaming gangs.

This would also give more cause for rioting to begin again in Jordan and Iraq seeing as how the Western imperialists are moving in again to take more Arab land (that is how they would see it). If war happens in Syria and Lebanon and/or Iran get involved then the whole Middle East could explode.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
Turkey isn't going to attack Syria.
Turkey and Syria have grown closer in recent years. As have Turkey and Iran.
Turkey even has formal relations with Hamas.

DEBKA is a propaganda and disinformation website.

Think about it for a moment. Turkey has basically destroyed relations with Israel and gotten in bed with Syria, Iran and Hamas.
Whose purpose and interests would it serve to see Turkey at war with Iran and Syria?
Whose purpose/interests would it serve to influence public opinion?

There's a "great" game of chess being played.
Don't believe everything you read, especially from sites like DEBKA.

It's also in the MSM.

Debkafile is to Israel what ATS is to the rest of the world. Info shows up there LONG before it appears on the MSM, IF it appears at all. I have never found Debkafile to post "propaganda" in the accepted definition of the word.

IMO, what we are seeing is the beginnings of the war which is prophesied in Ezekiel 38-39 - the war BEFORE Armageddon. It even lists the countries which will be involved.

ANCIENT NAMES OF MODERN NATIONS
Rosh (ancient Sarmatians known as Rashu,Rasapu,Ros and Rus) RUSSIA
Magog (ancient Scythians) Central Asia (Islamic southern republics of the former Soviet Union with a population of 60 million Muslims)
Meshech (ancient Muschki and Musku in Cilicia and Cappadocia) Turkey
Tubal (ancient Tubalu in Cappadocia) Turkey
Persia (name changed to Iran in 1935) Iran
Ethiopia (ancient Cush,south of Egypt) Sudan
Libya (ancient Put,west of Egypt) Libya
Gomer (ancient Cimmerians from seventh century to first century B.C. in central/western AnatoliaTurkey
Beth-Togarmah (Tilgarimmu between ancien Carchemish and Haran) Turkey
SOURCE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcc30e8e0f26.jpg[/atsimg]

Not bad for a 2,500 year old prophecy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4797011063ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Will someone tell me again how Iran has no desire to destroy Israel? I like to listen to fairy tales before bedtime.
edit on 6/28/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It has been obvious that something BIG was about to go down after the engineered global economic crisis and the CIA-funded revolutions in the Middle-East. I'm not sure what form it will take but I'm willing to bet that it will further *their* plans and will have devastating effects for all of us all around the world.

IT--
edit on 28-6-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join