It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuttgart UFO 1993 - wasn't it debunked yet? what about a thorough investigation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Nice post that I fully agree with.

I've spent almost one hour searching for additionnal informations about this sighting with no luck.

Anyone else?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

A couple of things about this video are curious. The first involves references to the object going against the wind. I wonder if this was stated by Metzger or added by others as a means of beefing up the strangeness factor? At any rate, at no point in the video is it clear that the wind is blowing, in any direction, greater than a breeze. Near the 0.40 mark, there are apparently coniferous treetops in view. Whether they are moving or demonstrating pixellation and camera movement is hard to say with certainty. Moreover, what relevance does wind-speed have? It seems a red herring tidbit to add mystery...

I think it's the Hofbrau Zep for several reasons. The main one is that the object in the video is the same shape and colour as the zep. Between 0:16 and 0:19 it looks like parts of the tail section are briefly visible among the pixels. The footage begins with what sounds to me like a distant motor. In that sense, it looks and sounds like an object that is also 'native' to the area...

If Mr Metzger was local to the area, would it be reasonable to assume that the zep was known to him and that he'd seen it before? If this was the case, the breathing could have two reasons. Firstly to mask the sound of the motor and secondly to add authenticity.

I've had a look for first-hand statements by Metzger with google.de and there's nothing of interest.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You could always ask him directly, he's got a facebook account.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think most blimp/ufo cases are indeed just blimps, if the thing had shot directly up at mach 20 then I might say UFO, but to me, this is a blimp.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

To answer your question...yes, it looks pretty much EXACTLY like that internally lit blimp. I don't get why you are questioning that when it looks like clearly the same. Just flip it around. Once you do that, and then, as long as you have at least a 2nd grade knowledge of how cameras work, and cheap camcorder zooming works, you would see that yes....the chances of it being that blimp or a similar one is 99.99999999999999%. The chances of it being some intelligent alien species who for no reason whatsoever decided to come on over to Planet Earth, and hover around for awhile is zero. Not 0.00000000000000001% chance. Zero

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I don't know how these things go in the US or more relevantly in Germany. However in Finland "was it windy or not" and "did the object go with or against the wind" are one of the first things that get asked when reporting a sighting here. Especialy if it's something that could be a balloon or a blimp. The FUFORA sighting report contains questions about the weather conditions and I think it's based on a form used widely in Europe. So it could be that when Metzger handed in his sighting he was handed a form where he had the report the weather conditions.

It's highly important. I had a sighting last year which I guess I could make a thread about...anyway, to make a long story short: I saw an object which could have been a solar balloon except it flew dead straight and fast against uneven gusty wind on a cold and rainy day on October. Had it been a nice and hot summer day with a bit of a wind which object had followed a solar balloon would seem kinda likely. With the prevailing conditions when I saw what I saw maybe not.

So it's not a red herring if the German ufologists were diligent and asked the questions that need to be asked.
edit on 13-6-2014 by phantomflier because: elaborated on my sighting a bit more

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thread from 2011!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yes it is... Stuttgart 1993 and Beijing 1995...

www.youtube.com...

-----------------------------------------------
Leopoldo Zambrano Enríquez.
Informe U. F. O.
Monterrey, Nuevo León. México.

edit on 19-1-2015 by LeopoldoZE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2015 by LeopoldoZE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join