It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuttgart UFO 1993 - wasn't it debunked yet? what about a thorough investigation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm usually not a fan of Youtube UFO videos, but I must say that this one is quite impressive. Moreover, in spite of all my research using the search engine, I wasn't able to find any really useful link/topic here.
Yeah, I know this is an old video (1993 May) but the interesting thing is that, as far as I know, it wasn't debunked, at least in an indisputable way.

I saw it for the first time in a French documentary about UFOs 10 years ago, and I must say that finding infos now about this video is a real challenge, probably because it happened almost 20 years ago... Any useful infos would be greatly appreciated!
Anyway, here's the video, in 360p definition:

I'm aware of the usual explanations, (cloud lit by the setting sun, blimp, etc...) especially the Hofbräu-Zeppelin lit up with inside greenish lights:

But does the above really ressemble to this?

I know that our eyes can be easily fooled, anyway I have a hard time believing this 'crude' explanation.
Plus I have some questions for those who have the chance to know more about this case:
- The name of the cameraman is known: "kai metzger", any more infos on him?
- I remember to have seen on another forum that it was described as "brightly lit object hovering less than fifty feet above the ground, at its own pace and against the wind.." Where does this info come from?
- Anynone speaking German here is aware of a possible investigation?
- Where it was videotapped and what were the weather conditions?

Etc, etc... food for thoughts!

edit on 27-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
interesting neever seen that video . i wonder if it what these guys saw.
sound sorta the same

A commercial airline pilot has reported seeing two unidentified flying objects in the sky near Guernsey. The bright yellow flat disc shapes, estimated to be twice the size of a Boeing 737, were spotted on Monday, 12 to 15 miles north east of the island.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Threads on this incident has a tendency to become very short. I think the last one here on ATS got one reply :

www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes

As a footnote I would just like to add that the footage was taken the 29th of May 1993 at 22:00 by Kai Metzger,

edit on 27-6-2011 by Heliocentric because: A gold bug - I hurl into the darkness and feel the depth of night.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The clip is taken from OVNI/UFO The original archives, put together by German ufologist Michael Hesemann.
It contains most footage from 1947 until 1995 or so. There are 5 parts of them, I have them in my collection on my hard-drive Really worth watching.

BTW, This clip is one of the better ones I've seen so far.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Exciting video, one that I've never seen before. It certainly has my adrenaline up.

The lucky cameraman, sounds excited, and also sounds like he is telling the truth.

This might be a real challenge to- Phage.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Pretty sure this one is genuine..
and no, I don't think it's the blimp, at all.
Been awhile since Ive seen this one, thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah, but what does it do that makes it so special? Glow? A lighted blimp does that. Move slowly? A blimp does that. Vanish behind a hill? A blimp can do that.

It's doesn't do somersaults. It doesn't zoom away at incredible speed. It doesn't morph into fantastic shapes.

If it ostensibly doesn't do anything an ordinary blimp might do, then why is it not most likely a blimp?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
From the movement of the trees it is travelling in exactly the opposite direction to the wind. That pretty much rules out anything without an engine. Slightly surprised if it is a blimp that the engine noise isn't apparent, however that could be due to the wind blowing sound away from the camera.

Interesting video indeed, haven;t seen it for ages and well worth reminding others of. Thanx for posting.
edit on 27-6-2011 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Yeah, but what does it do that makes it so special? Glow? A lighted blimp does that. Move slowly? A blimp does that. Vanish behind a hill? A blimp can do that.

It's doesn't do somersaults. It doesn't zoom away at incredible speed. It doesn't morph into fantastic shapes.

If it ostensibly doesn't do anything an ordinary blimp might do, then why is it not most likely a blimp?

Keeping a dead flat and straight line into a choppy headwind, particularly when it tends to gust even more the closer to the ground you are, is no easy manouever in a blimp.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Why is a blimp not a valid explanation? I think it looks very much like this

which was mistaken for a UFO by many people btw.
edit on 27-6-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Well it looks a lot like it apart from not having any discernible running lights and being a completely different colour. Furthermore, no-one is saying it's not a blimp, so quite you're being so defensive I have no idea. People are just chewing the cud and chucking out a few thoughts. To me it does remind me of some later footage that did indeed turn out to be a blimp, shot in North America.

I would imagine, given the passage of time and no-one has managed to tie this footage into any blimp that was in the air at the time footage was taken that, that explanation has been deemed unlikely.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
BTW, to the OP..... I believe the shape you are discerning from the close ups are more a result of the camera lens and an artifact caused by digital zooming rather than anything that is actually for real.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What ever this man caught it looks to skinny to be a Blimp. It looks more disk shaped.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

This is interesting, mostly because I am from Stuttgart, Germany (now living in the USA).
I was 23 years old when this video was made. I don't remember hearing anything about a possible UFO sighting, nothing on the news or talks anywhere else.
A few things:
around the time this video was made, is usually the time we have a big,2 week long fair going on, called Cannstatter Fruehlingsfest (Cannstatt is a part of Stuttgart and Fruehling means spring). We have one in spring, and one in fall, similar to the Munich Octoberfest.
In those years...sometime late 80ths to middle of the 90ths we always had the big blimp flying above the city and neighbor cities, advertising beer and the fair.
The blimp had amazing lightshows, something spectacular in those times. With different lightbulbs lighting up, we were able to watch whole 'comics' on the side of the blimp. Little figures moving, playing soccer, doing funnny things and different writings like 'Hello, welcome to Spring...' things like that.
I don't remember the blimp being this bright though, never as bright as the video shows, but it was very evident when he was in the sky. He flew at night, so the people could see the lightshow. Many people looked out for it, and waited for it, at night, it was a great thing back then.
This is just a little insight....thinking back to those times, watching the video, and the time frame this was made, my thoughts are that this is the blimp, not a UFO. But that's just a hunch, and memories, not knowing, of course.
Feel free to ask me whatever else you would like to know.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't know why people knock youtube. If I captured a ufo on video youtube would be the first place I upload it to.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by komisch

Did the festival ever go on as late as the 23rd of May? All the information i can find seems to suggest it would have ended at least a week before this footage was shot. However, that doesn't mean the blimp couldn't have still been around.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Good question, I have been searching for dates myself, and am only seeing April to beginning of May. But, yes, the Zeppelin (blimp) was there long after, into the summer. We went to the place were it started and landed, many times, and I do remember him being there, on the field, well into the hot summer days.
He was not just advertising the fair and its beer sponsors, but also other advertisements, and a lot of soccer stuff.
(memories coming back while I am writing, sorry, has been a long time ago...)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Well, the shape is not quite similar; but I'm more interested to know if there was any investigation around this case.
Seems like it wasn't the case!
Any infos?

Originally posted by komisch

Good question, I have been searching for dates myself, and am only seeing April to beginning of May. But, yes, the Zeppelin (blimp) was there long after, into the summer. We went to the place were it started and landed, many times, and I do remember him being there, on the field, well into the hot summer days.
He was not just advertising the fair and its beer sponsors, but also other advertisements, and a lot of soccer stuff.
(memories coming back while I am writing, sorry, has been a long time ago...)

Thanks for your input, very interesting!
Are you aware of any video/photo of this blimp?
And what about investigations from ufologists German groups?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Did they have digital zoom on analog cameras in the early 90s?
I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by cripmeister
Why is a blimp not a valid explanation? I think it looks very much like this

What you've done is simply to toss out a - to you - reasonable explanation, but you've not done the legwork to establish that it's either a possible or a reasonable explanation.

First of all, the illuminated blimp video posted by cripmeister does not look anything like the unidentified object in the Stuttgart video. Oblong and illuminated are the only characteristics they have in common. The morphology of the two objects are different. If you don't recognize this, it only shows that you're poor observers.

Cripmeister's video shows a blimp equipped with positioning lights. Here's what international air traffic regulations say about it :

All aircraft must have an anti-collision light and position light system for nighttime operations. The position lights consist of an Aviation Red light on the left side, an Aviation Green light on the right and an Aviation White taillight (FAR 23.1389). The anti-collision lighting system is required under FAR 91.205(c)

www.ultraligero.net...

These regulations vary a little depending on what type of aircraft we're talking about, but blimps are no exception. Now please show us where the positioning lights are to be found on the object in the Stuttgart video.

No serious blimp or zeppelin operator would not comply to these basic safety regulations, which leaves you with the rouge operator or prank option. In any case, I've so far only been able to track down two blimp operators in the Stuttgart area, and it's not even sure if they were operational in 1993. I've sent them emails regarding the video, we'll see what they have to say about it (if they answer).

www.skytravel24.de...

www.luftschiffreise.de...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join