It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury Convicts ex-Illinois Governer Blagojevich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I did not see this posted yet and a search has revealed that it has not yet been posted either, so if it has please forgive the repeat.

Anyway...Here is the news as it is being reported at the moment:

CHICAGO (AP) — Rod Blagojevich, who rode his talkative everyman image to two terms as Illinois governor before scandal made him a national punch line, was convicted Monday of a wide range of corruption charges, including the incendiary allegation that he tried to sell or trade President Barack Obama's Senate seat.

The verdict was a bitter defeat for Blagojevich, who had spent 2½ years professing his innocence on reality TV shows and later on the witness stand. His defense team had insisted that hours of FBI wiretap recordings were just the ramblings of a politician who liked to think out loud.

He faces up to 300 years in prison, although federal sentencing guidelines are sure to significantly reduce his time behind bars.

LINK

Seems as though his Mr Blagojevich's luck has finally run out and justice will be served, although it may be awhile before we know his final fate at a sentencing hearing.

I just thought I would share this with you all and give you the latest on the ex-Illinois governor...enjoy.

P.S. Mods feel free to move this if it is in the wrong forum, or make any other changes you deem necessary. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Perhaps he will feel angry enough to start talking about the political history in Illinois and shed light on other matters of concern. Why should he bear the burden of conviction by himself?? He might try for a lighter sentence by turning on his associates. We can hop.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
Perhaps he will feel angry enough to start talking about the political history in Illinois and shed light on other matters of concern. Why should he bear the burden of conviction by himself?? He might try for a lighter sentence by turning on his associates. We can hop.

That is an interesting thought...here is Blagojevich's own words on it:

The proof, prosecutors said, was there on the FBI tapes played for jurors. That included his infamous rant: "I've got this thing and it's f---ing golden, and I'm just not giving it up for f---ing nothing. I'm not gonna do it."
LINK

I think when it comes closer to sentencing and the reality of this all sets in...he may very well change his tune and sing like a bird...we could see him pointing the finger all over the place in the end.

join