It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gay pride parades make gays look bad.

page: 5
13
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius
 


I said you were a Nazi, not a German!

It is you I believe who brought up Germans and associated them with Nazi's was it not?

See how easy we fall into stereotypes

And can you define just what exactly constitutes being a freak? Are the EMO kids of today freaks in your eyes? Is the lady with 15 cats a freak. Are tattoo artists freaks? What in your world is NORMAL because NORMAL is different for everyone

And for the record, I am a really conservative gay man. I don't do pride or anything like that, but I don't care and won't hold it against someone if they wanna dress up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz and mince down my street. Good on them, they have more balls than me for doing it.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Gman1803 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gman1803
reply to post by felonius
 


I said you were a Nazi, not a German!

It is you I believe who brought up Germans and associated them with Nazi's was it not?

See how easy we fall into stereotypes

And can you define just what exactly constitutes being a freak? Are the EMO kids of today freaks in your eyes? Is the lady with 15 cats a freak. Are tattoo artists freaks? What in your world is NORMAL because NORMAL is different for everyone

And for the record, I am a really conservative gay man. I don't do pride or anything like that, but I don't care and won't hold it against someone if they wanna dress up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz and mince down my street. Good on them, they have more balls than me for doing it.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Gman1803 because: (no reason given)


It looks like we are at a stalemate in this conversation.

Best to ya.



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Why do they have to have a parade?


To publicly come out.

To accept yourself - - to accept that you are gay - - and that's OK.

To publicly support and encourage those still in the closet - - to come out.

You being uncomfortable is your problem - - not theirs.


There's way too much emphasis put on "coming out." It almost seems like a communist plot LOL

Cheers - Dave



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Why do they have to have a parade?


To publicly come out.

To accept yourself - - to accept that you are gay - - and that's OK.

To publicly support and encourage those still in the closet - - to come out.

You being uncomfortable is your problem - - not theirs.


There's way too much emphasis put on "coming out." It almost seems like a communist plot LOL

Cheers - Dave


Are you gay and in the closet?

And want to stay there?



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
Why do they have to have a parade?


To publicly come out.

To accept yourself - - to accept that you are gay - - and that's OK.

To publicly support and encourage those still in the closet - - to come out.

You being uncomfortable is your problem - - not theirs.


There's way too much emphasis put on "coming out." It almost seems like a communist plot LOL

Cheers - Dave


Are you gay and in the closet?

And want to stay there?


No and I think I will stay heterosexual, been married for three dozen years to the same woman and that's the way I like it. I did have a gay cousin and a gay uncle, both dead now from HIV, one a little more flamboyant than the other.

When I say way too much emphasis, I mean by the government using forced (societal pressure) or enforced (legal pressure) tolerance, as well as the issues of favoritism when it comes to jobs. Kind of a side issue in this thread, but it seems to me that one should be afforded opportunities based on experience and qualification rather than quota's involving sexual preference, race or the colour of one's skin. When the government steps into anything and supports it, there is an agenda and it tends to make bad feelings by design. Personally, I don't see gays or lesbians as being entitled to anything more than anyone else, but of course, that's not reality when it comes to anything governments undertake.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
No and I think I will stay heterosexual, been married for three dozen years to the same woman and that's the way I like it.


Well good - and I just celebrated my 22 to a man 21 years younger then me.


. . . one should be afforded opportunities based on experience and qualification rather than quota's involving sexual preference, race or the color of one's skin.


When exactly has Affirmative Action been used for gays - - in getting employment? (not going to discuss race).

The reason I fight for gay rights is because my friend/co-worker died of AIDs in the early days - before they really knew what it was. AIDS is a disease that affects everyone. It is not a Gay disease.



posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
No and I think I will stay heterosexual, been married for three dozen years to the same woman and that's the way I like it.


Well good - and I just celebrated my 22 to a man 21 years younger then me.


. . . one should be afforded opportunities based on experience and qualification rather than quota's involving sexual preference, race or the color of one's skin.


When exactly has Affirmative Action been used for gays - - in getting employment? (not going to discuss race).

The reason I fight for gay rights is because my friend/co-worker died of AIDs in the early days - before they really knew what it was. AIDS is a disease that affects everyone. It is not a Gay disease.


First of all, AA does enforce quotas on gays, at least the similar organization in Canadakastan does, I've seen it in action. Second, my cousin and uncle both died of AIDS, they were both flamboyant, reckless and irresponsible, I guess that's why they got it in the first place. I feel bad they died, but they brought it on themselves. I'd like to see a cure for AIDS as it is a horrible way to die, but you'll never see a cure unless big pharma figures out a new cash cow first. It's never about doing what's right, it's always about what makes the most money. It's a jaded society, I wish I could get a few of million bucks together so I could build an inertial engine powered craft in my backyard and get off of this damned planet.

Cheers - Dave



posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

First of all, AA does enforce quotas on gays, at least the similar organization in Canadakastan does, I've seen it in action. Second, my cousin and uncle both died of AIDS, they were both flamboyant, reckless and irresponsible

Cheers - Dave


OK - so you're in Canada. They also have laws that would prevent the Westboro Church from Protesting funerals - - I believe.

Well I support AA. I know it doesn't always seem fair - - but sometimes it is the only way to bring minorities into mainstream.

Fact is - increase in AIDS cases is not in the gay sector. Although there has been an increase in the young (teenage through 20s). But - that age group tends to be reckless no matter orientation.

An interesting point about gays becoming main stream - - is they are losing their own "safe areas". Places like West Hollywood are becoming main stream. Acceptance has its price.

Minorities still have to fight for equality in this world. Gay parades and events are needed - - especially for the next generation to feel it is Ok to be gay.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join