It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops could be forced to remain in Libya if Colonel Gaddafi is ousted from power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
British Troops in Libya could be forced to stay

BRITISH troops face being sucked into Libya if Colonel Gaddafi is ousted or killed, Whitehall insiders fear. A senior source warned last night that planning for the aftermath of the war was a "bloody mess".

And they said PM David Cameron may have no option but to put in a stabilisation force to prevent a full blown civil war. That would risk sparking an insurgency and angering Muslim and Arab states.

The senior Whitehall source said Cameron may end up with no choice but to deploy British ground troops for a limited period.

Well well, it looks like ever since the manufactured libyan protest happened its looking more like a regime change operation then anything else, if in fact the British ground troops are sent into libya to capture or even kill Gaddafi that would make it an assassination on a foreign leader.

This is really starting to look like iraq all over again.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Britain like France and I suspect other nations have amphibious assault ships sitting off the coast but it would be a mistake to send in the Royal (or other) Marines to bring stability back to the area.

As far as taking out Gadafi that would not need Marines or other type line units as the SAS and SRR are already meant to be in country (along with I suspect many other nations equivalent units) so if they where out to assassinate him I am sure that would have already happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
the british will never miss an opportunity to occupy and exploit a foreign nation.

with teachers like the british, it's no wonder america nearly perfected the art of imperialism.

new topics

join