It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look Who’s Buying Up Flood Ravaged Farm Land

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Government first blows up the damns and levees and wants to buy the very land they flooded in the first place? Sorry but that sounds too much like a land grab scam to me. It sounds like a plot for a bad moive.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Lol, you believe the government wants to help us? They've never sent me a christmas card so big brother can kiss my big toe.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u
reply to post by Xcathdra

Lol, you believe the government wants to help us? They've never sent me a christmas card so big brother can kiss my big toe.

He did too send you a christmas card . It had a big 1040 in the upper left hand corner.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

HAHA, your right. I forgot about that one. OK, maybe they do care

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Perhaps I missed a later link deeper in this thread. but the OPs two links referred back to the exact same information on two different sites. It looks like one site just copied and pasted the other site's text verbatim. Anyhow, I quickly searched and didn't find another unique reference to this alleged government program to buy up the land (it wasn't an exhaustive search as I was pursuing deeper details on the Ospraie Management LLC story concomitantly). More work to do in researching official government announcements of this program.

Additionally, I would like to say that we do not have sufficient data in this country to get an accurate idea as to what would constitute a safe proximity to build along any of the major rivers. Simply looking at the terrain and not building in the lowlying areas near the river should prevent a good bit of any damage to come the next time there is a flood. However, we like to analyze and engineer everything we can get our hands on, so I would imagine the same would apply here.

As you may recall, there are large stone markers, a meter or two tall, on Japan's eastern coast which date to approximately 400 to 600 years ago.

www.nytimes.com...

We should begin erecting those types of "stones" along our major riverways and just not build beyond those points. Let the Corps of engineers buy the land, let them, or as I heard elsewhere, let a private company, build a modern levee system and just plan for this to happen again. Those affected property owners should be compensated according to the insurance value of the acreage and improvements, at the taxpayers expense. We either pay once now, or keep paying in disaster relief and rebuilding each time this occurs.
And yes, sadly I would have to include a city like New Orleans in this type of program. Its just too dangerous to live there. I wonder how much an entire city will cost us? Hurricane Katrina caused over $80 billion in damage in '05 and 1800+ people died. It will be a shame to dismantle it, its a really cool city.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

80 billion? Is that the correct figure? For that much I would have just said forget it, everyone move somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sting130u

See this pdf file link:
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

bottom paragraph of page 12.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yes, its exactly what I thought was happening, taking away farms from the people for codex alimentarious. With the Nuclear disasters and depopulation, soon there'll be just a few living in their special slave camp cities.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
My theory is they are looking for land to bury with dredge tailing's from cutting a major channel down the river and deepening the river for larger ships and more ships. this would also stop flooding in this area.

This will make the river deeper and fill in the low land along the river.
Then the government could turn around and sell the newly raised land for large manufacturing plants right on the mississippi

They did this back in the 1920s and 1930s from San Francisco to Sacramento and Stockton.
Now we have the ports of Sacramento and Stockton.
The port of Stockton was very valuable during WW2 you can bring PANAMAX size ships in 75 miles from the coast. they had a large navy base and shipyard there. Well away from any chance of attack.
www.portofstockton.com...

The military had a major supply base at the port of Stockton
Stockton Ordnance Depot
www.worldportsource.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As I understand it
The snow pack is measured to the part inch.
They know exactly how much water is there

(side note:
If they were open about that amount global warming and carbon taxes
would be that much more obviously a hoax)

The government could have let the water through incrementaly but they did not,
they let it through in a big flood.

Farmland is considered to be real wealth unlike paper money.

I think it is agenda 21

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join