It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich is found guilty...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Can you believe this.... Looks like the feds really do occasionally pick up bad politicians.....you will never see the feds take out the feds though...

Slam dunk for the federal prosecution

Cya later Mr. Blago hope those beds in prison don't mess up your hair

June 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former governor Rod Blagojevich was found guilty on 17 of 20 counts in his second corruption trial. The jury found him not guilty on one count and was hung on two others.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=8217169
edit on 27-6-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

His wife collapsed during the verdict
edit on 27-6-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I wish people wouldn't race to get the first board and do things the correct way.
Links/sources, please?! We can't have a discussion if we have no information.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just wait anoth 10 minutes and there will be 5 other posts on this same thing.

People rush and don't search

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is a win for Justice and the American Way! Among other things, but shakin' down a Children's Hospital is just horrible, not too mention controlling the seat --everything! I'm glad, as are the people of Illinois!

Now let's hope he gets the maximum time to serve.

Another stain on the Illinois Govenor's seat. When, oh when will we get an honest Public Servant?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The tiny corrupt rat found guilty here:

www.businessinsider.com...

and here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

shook down a children's hospital

jury convicts

CHICAGO -- Jurors deliberating in the corruption retrial of Rod Blagojevich told a judge Monday they have reached a verdict on 18 of the 20 counts against the ousted Illinois governor, and attorneys in the case agreed that the verdicts should be read.

Judge James Zagel said that will happen Monday afternoon. The jury had returned to the federal courthouse Monday morning after nine days of deliberations. They had been talking through the evidence over a three-week period.

they are walking through on tv...

guy said he may serve less then ten years... judge chooses how screwed he is

the first ten count are wire fraud... wire fraud

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And here: Yahoo News

I just wonder how long it will be before he's got himself a co-host spot with Wiener on MSNBC. Talk about a trifecta!

Let's hope he does some time in general population. That would make me a happy man.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yes he did this and yes he is a rat but I still think there is more to this than we will ever know. He's been deemed the fall guy unfortunately for him. Justice? Maybe a little, but certainly not total justice...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
honestly.....I am very surprised. I would not say justice was done for one reason. I don't think that Blago was the person involved in this......for better or worse (worse mostly) that is the way politics is done, and many higher ranking national politicians were given special permission to not testify, even our new mayor just testified in this trial (not the first) and couldn't really recall too much
of the days in question.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Yes he did this and yes he is a rat but I still think there is more to this than we will ever know. He's been deemed the fall guy unfortunately for him. Justice? Maybe a little, but certainly not total justice...

that is kind of the way I feel about it. He's a snake and all, but there is a whole lot more that isn't for public consumption. I guess we will have to wait for his inevitable book deal to come through.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
balogabitc#, good, i hope he rots in hell. oh, and he will spend his days in a confinment of what? not general populous, not like you or me. If i met him in jail, i would tell bubba he like him.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

do you think it was from the white house

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
balogabitc#, good, i hope he rots in hell. oh, and he will spend his days in a confinment of what? not general populous, not like you or me. If i met him in jail, i would tell bubba he like him.

He's not going to state prison, he's going to federal. I wonder if they will sent to WI with former gov. Ryan, that place is a joke, it even has a little picket fence around the grounds, literally you can step over it with no problem, no Ryan isn't anyway special it's gen. population, lol. There are no "bubbas" there, just a bunch of nonviolent people playing ping pong and watching t.v., the most difficult part for him will be when his family gets tired of driving 3 hours or so one way every weekend and starts slacking on their visits.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Originally posted by cloaked4u

He's not going to state prison, he's going to federal. I wonder if they will sent to WI with former gov. Ryan, that place is a joke, it even has a little picket fence around the grounds, literally you can step over it with no problem, no Ryan isn't anyway special it's gen. population, lol. There are no "bubbas" there, just a bunch of nonviolent people playing ping pong and watching t.v., the most difficult part for him will be when his family gets tired of driving 3 hours or so one way every weekend and starts slacking on their visits.

every place has a bubba, tell me where he will go.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Blago was the fall guy. For those of us that actually followed the trial, Obama and Emanuel should have been implicated also. Lot's of shady deals went down and maybe even some "homosexual" secrets involving the major players in this....Fitzgerald,Obama, and Emanuel. He get 5-8 yrs in a minimum security federal prison and be out in 3.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

do you think it was from the white house

I think there is a whole lot of Chicago politics that we don't see. Think about how Blago got popped to begin with. The sad thing is that he didn't think he was doing anything wrong since that is how things happen in Chicago. Yea, I think there is quite a bit from the white house that went into overtime on the cover up. (IMHO)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I don't know for sure where he'll end up....my guess is Oxford Fed. in Oxford WI but it's only a guess because that's where Gov Ryan is.....although they may not send him there for that very reason...who knows. Guess we will find out in a few months. I think you listen to too many stories......federal prison is vastly different than state prisons.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Totally agree with you.....I do not see anything he did that is any different than how politics has been run in Chicago, and Illinois in general. Right or wrong, that's how things get done. I'm curious as to why they wanted him out so badly, not only out of office but put away.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join