It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32% of Organic Produce Contains Rocket Fuel Chemical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i found this article, now its beging to look like organic food isnt even safe, and it really does not seem good

Results show that 16% of the conventionally produced samples and 32% of the organically produced samples had quantifiable levels of perchlorate using ion chromatography

www.infowars.com...

i find this shocking but i still am wondering how this even got on the food in the first place, honestly is anything safe to eat anymore.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

No wonder I feel so energetic when I eat organic. .

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

this may be getting off topic from a serious problem, but whta would happen if some one tried to pull of a blue angel after eating rocket fuel laced food. probably nothing good

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

BTW, perchlorate is produced naturally as well as synthetically.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Does that mean its organic as well?
edit on 27-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

no idea ill look it up

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

if its naturally occuring than yes by the technical definition its organic, if its synthetic than no.
but most scources see, to say its bad to have in food

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My diet is probably 98% organic. I live in an area with a LOT of contaminated groundwater. Rocket and Jet fuels are just part of the garbage dumped on the Bases and Aerospace facilities here.

BUT...be very careful quoting from Infowars. They, like most "news" media have difficulty separating fact from bias. Sensationalism sells.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just because there is a chemical in them both, doesn't make organic food bad. The same compound will most likely react differently in both things.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FrenchOsage

with infowars, i always try to look for a link to a website with the same story. most of the time, this time it didint immediatly give one. but i found one after i searched in up on google. i just posted this one because it was on the page.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

there is some concern about perchlorate bieng linked with hyperthryroidsim
thyroid.about.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Just a quick question. Does anyone have an idea why the organic produce has twice the perchlorate? Is the organic more exposed to the environment? (That doesn't sound right.) Perhaps a perchlorate compound is commonly used in organic farming?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

ive tried looking into this. perchlorate is listed as a water contamineint and a threat to infants, so you probably dont want to intentionaly add it to food so im not sure where its coming from

top topics

join