It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian orbital and planetary, anomalous features.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As with the Yellowstone earthquake or World Earthquake threads, I’ve started this thread to consolidate the information on Mars. This will enable all users to quickly locate and share research on this mysterious planet, as well as moons/artificial satellites that orbit it.
First off is the Face science1.nasa.gov...
www.esa.int...
Secondly, the curious lakes or pools www.abovetopsecret.com...
Additionally, the Forests www.marsanomalyresearch.com...
Artifacts, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Phobos www.dailygalaxy.com...
Other Martian Anomalies
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.thelivingmoon.com...
www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

So you see there is a multitude amount of speculative evidence that point toward something happening on Mars or Phobos.
Thank you for your contributions. I hope that together, we can resolve some of the mystery.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The "mysteries" have been resolved. In the threads you linked and others.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The "mysteries" have been resolved. In the threads you linked and others.

Aren't you curious about anything on Mars Phage? Where did the some of atmosphere and water go, what caused the volcanic disruptions? What are the plate tectonics like and lastly, was there ever life?
No mysteries?
Anything?

Or have you solved all of this already?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I don't think those mysteries have anything to do with using overzoomed images (and Google Mars in particular) to hunt for "anomalies". I find the martian terrain fascinating and alien enough. The idea that there are stone "sculptures" and "buildings" which have endured billions of years of erosion is not worth considering.

I'm very interested in Mars. I am very intrigued by the possibility that life existed or still may exist on Mars. I also find it absurd to claim that NASA and ESA are hiding such things. In particular I find that Skipper's speculations are ridiculous and the fact that he insists upon relying on older, lower quality images to persist in his "research" shows how little he really cares about finding the "truth".

edit on 6/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I'm very interested in Mars. I am very intrigued by the possibility that life existed or still may exist on Mars.

edit on 6/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And what are your positive thoughts on Phobos (ESA).
www.esa.int...
"Previous Mars Express flybys have already provided the most accurate mass yet for Phobos, and the High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) has provided the volume. When calculating the density, this gives a surprising figure because it seems that parts of Phobos may be hollow. The science team aim to verify this preliminary conclusion. The origin of Phobos is a mystery. Three scenarios are possible. The first is that the moon is a captured asteroid. The second is that it formed in situ as Mars formed below it. The third is that Phobos formed later than Mars, out of debris flung into Martian orbit when a large meteorite struck the red planet."
Sorry, gotta go to bed. Been on flight maneuvers for over 48 hours.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yes, that is interesting. The higher resolution data shows that Phobos was probably created as a result of a large impact on Mars rather than being a captured asteroid.

"This number is significantly lower than the density of meteoritic material associated with asteroids," said Pascal Rosenblatt of the Royal Observatory of Belgium. "It implies a sponge-like structure with voids making up 25 to 45 percent of Phobos' interior."

In addition, the researchers said, a highly porous asteroid — if that's what Phobos once was — probably would not have survived being captured by Mars' gravity.

Yet sponginess is consistent with the impact-formation hypothesis for Phobos, they added. Chunks of rock and rubble blown off Mars' surface would accrete somewhat haphazardly in its orbit, leaving interior pockets and voids.

www.space.com...

join