It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits to using Microwaves on the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why can't people read and comprehend their own sources?

*facepalm*

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Why can't people read and comprehend their own sources?

*facepalm*

Oh Chadwickus, you have been here far too long to ask that question.

You are asking way too much from the average poster. What next? Ask them to follow the T&C's and do a search before posting to avoid duplicate threads. Freeing up server space? Read a thread before posting???

You stop with that logic talk right now, ya hear me?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakySleuth911

lol I've been asking the question since 2009.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
ETA: for some reason every time I post tonight, the editor throws the post on the floor and tells me I can't post anonymously. WTF?

Anyway, there's nothing being beamed. Nothing's being "enhanced in the upper atmosphere". What they're talking about is a way to process data from a tool called a microwave radiometer. It doesn't "BEAM" anything. It receives the tiny emission of microwave energy from every object not at absolute zero. Like the ocean, or you.

They are finding better ways to splice together data from various emission bands, to get more image data from them than before. And it's a NASA satellite. They're not secretly flying microwave death beam spy satellites over us to contaminate our precious bodily fluids. It's an image processing routine for God's sake.

You can't read scientific journals and read for scary keywords. At least take the time to look up the things being discussed.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusImperator
reply to post by TechUnique

The United States have the best military in the world. And that's from someone not from America.

I think thats going to stay like that for a long time.

+

not that I like war or something, I think it is a waste of resources and money, unless were invaded by . aliens .

edit on 27-6-2011 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

Do you think China are going to abide by the laws of war? Or even close?
They would hit hard, fast and dirty. Don't be fooled by which army is apparently better. The Russians and now NATO have failed against the Taliban. Who was much better equipped in those scenarios?

Its not so much the weapon that matters its the guy/girl using it.

As for the previous guy who said my first comment was the stupidest all day: Open your eyes. America is far from invincible. China would rape America realistically. With China's economy now looking a lot better potential wise than the US (Dollar about to collapse and Yuan looking stronger than ever) you are going to see the US get weaker and weaker.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Nice to see at least some people with brains have arrived in the thread. It still boggles the mind how anyone can read the paper and interpret it as 'The chinese beaming microwaves at the US'.
When people twist something to that extent you wonder why they bother with a 'source' anyway, seeing as they simply make up a completely irrelevant story anyway. Makes you wonder who's stupider, the person for making it up or the people that just take their word for it and don't check.
I'd be embarrassed to be so gullible

For people to lazy or inept and conducting even the most basic research, which there are plenty of apparently:

The instrument referenced in the paper:

aqua.nasa.gov... AMSR-E

aqua.nasa.gov... AQUA - the satellite carrying the instrument

So yeah, why don't you shoot it down or something for invading your territory, it's your satellite morons and the data was given to the chinese scientists so they could develop a new algorithm and enhance the accuracy of said data. You know, like it says in the bloody paper.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Because china would own the united states if it came to an all out war.

SLAAAAAP!

Not really

DOUBLE SLAAAAAAAAP!
edit on 29-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join