It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Case Dismissed Against Woman Arrested While Videotaping Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by Vitchilo

Is it against T&C to call people out?

Manhater
Xcathdra
MikeNice81

You should be ashamed of yourselves for letting the Blue Code come before the rights of the people. You should be ashamed that you fought tooth and nail, to prove that the charges were legit.

YOU and others like you, are the reason that peace officers are no longer trusted and respected. YOU and others like you, are the reason I resigned my peace officer license.

And quite frankly, YOU and others like you are the ones people worry about if TSHTF.

Pathetic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Good deal...

and as promised I would like to take the time appologize to the people who were involved in this debate in another thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes Sir and I appreciate that.

You a good ATS member.

I saw your post on the other thread also.

Good job.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

They don't say specifically that the 12 tickets have been or will be dismissed. I would think they would get tossed though. I would hope.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This happened in New York state right?

In Illinois, Massachusetts, and Maryland it's illegal to film cops because they say it's wiretapping or some BS like that.

If that happened in any of those three states, the woman would have lost... and hopefully would have brought it up to the Supreme Court and won...

Only in Illinois and even there it's being fought at the moment. With big guns going against it. The other 3 states that had the same wording in the law made it a policy that it doesn't apply if there is no expectation of privacy.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

I wonder who issued the orders for the officers to descend on the supporters of Emily good and issue the tickets. I'm sure they didn't just decide on their own to do so. Whoever issued these orders needs to be investigated too for harassment.
Regardless, these cops new they were involved in harassment. They were attempting to scare the public. I think the corruption in this department probably runs pretty deep.
Glad I don't live in their community.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Too bad she had to be traumatized by the police first.

So the case was dismissed but cops can arrest you for made up charges still?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The sad fact remains that since she was charged arrested, and held for 24 hours her fingerprints are now a permanent part of the government database. I think her prints should be wiped from the record in the event that someone is found innocent.

I was once the victim of something like this and well, her fingerprints are now on file for doing nothing but recording.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

I wonder who issued the orders for the officers to descend on the supporters of Emily good and issue the tickets. I'm sure they didn't just decide on their own to do so. Whoever issued these orders needs to be investigated too for harassment.
Regardless, these cops new they were involved in harassment. They were attempting to scare the public. I think the corruption in this department probably runs pretty deep.
Good point, whoever that vindictive SOB was, he should be made to pay for that stupid idea.

I think that that was worse than the original incident, as it was planned and obviously discussed by a group of officers, to ticket those cars.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I'm astonished that - for once - sanity has prevailed.

You think?

I hope she gets a nice settlement.

And who picks up the bill for all the wasted resources and possible payout?

Taxpayers.
edit on 27/6/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

And who picks up the bill for all the wasted resources and possible payout? Taxpayers.

That's right.

It should come out of the arresting officer's paycheck.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Ill explain it once and then I need to get going.

If an officer makes an arrest, and in doing so believes the arrest is valid based on law, then there is no false arrest or anything like that. A false arrest occurs when the person acting under color of law knowingly makes an arrest, and knows there is no law to support the charge. In this case, as well as others that occur on a daily basis, law enforcement will investigate and submit the report to the DA with recomended charges (PC statement). The PA is the final decision on whether the evidence supports the charge, and decides if the prosecution will go forward.

Just because the PA withdraws the charges, does not make the officers actins illegal.

This officer did not violate any of the above.

@ Lemon_Fresh - You really need to chill and allow people the time to log in and go through the info. The ladies court date was this morning. Had the tables been reversed would you have been in here appologizing?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by nerbot

And who picks up the bill for all the wasted resources and possible payout? Taxpayers.

That's right.

Explain why it should? The officer did not violate the law. You guys seem confused on that point.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

and as promised I would like to take the time appologize to the people who were involved in this debate in another thread.
I would pat you on the back if I was standing next to you.

That was very nice.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

At the very least a shift-supervisor had to approve of so many officers descending upon that neighborhood all at once, even at their own request, leaving the rest of the city/sectors of the city unprotected by patrols.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The sad fact remains that since she was charged arrested, and held for 24 hours her fingerprints are now a permanent part of the government database. I think her prints should be wiped from the record in the event that someone is found innocent.

I was once the victim of something like this and well, her fingerprints are now on file for doing nothing but recording.

You can file for removal of your prints and mugshots from the database. I've done it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Good point, whoever that vindictive SOB was, he should be made to pay for that stupid idea.

I think that that was worse than the original incident, as it was planned and obviously discussed by a group of officers, to ticket those cars.

Conspiracy is a crime in an d of itself.
edit on 27-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

reply to post by nerbot

That's right.

Explain why it should? The officer did not violate the law. You guys seem confused on that point.

Only my opinion, but I believe that the officer used his position of authority to try to intimidate her, then he arrested her... all because he did not want to be filmed. Not because she was breaking a law, or even causing trouble for him, just because he didn't like it.

If he isn't breaking a law, then the laws need to be changed. He arrested her falsely, IMO.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Lysergic

Ill explain it once and then I need to get going.

If an officer makes an arrest, and in doing so believes the arrest is valid based on law, then there is no false arrest or anything like that. A false arrest occurs when the person acting under color of law knowingly makes an arrest, and knows there is no law to support the charge. In this case, as well as others that occur on a daily basis, law enforcement will investigate and submit the report to the DA with recomended charges (PC statement). The PA is the final decision on whether the evidence supports the charge, and decides if the prosecution will go forward.

Just because the PA withdraws the charges, does not make the officers actins illegal.

This officer did not violate any of the above.

@ Lemon_Fresh - You really need to chill and allow people the time to log in and go through the info. The ladies court date was this morning. Had the tables been reversed would you have been in here appologizing?

There is no such thing as false arrest if you are a sworn officer. So long as the officer has probable cause, he can arrest anyone at any time. No charges ever have to even be filed. But as a matter of fact, many times police will affect and arrest and decide on the charges later having first conferred with their supervisor and/or DA's office. Police are not lawyers.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by anon72

Too bad she had to be traumatized by the police first.

So the case was dismissed but cops can arrest you for made up charges still?

All they need to have is probable cause, which may or may not have anything to do with an actual violation of law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join