It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Questionable Mental Stability of Barack Obama.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The brain, in all its complexity, is an astounding conundrum, in that we are unable to comprehend our own limitations. It is not until the brain is subjected to damage, be it physical or psychological, that we begin to see it’s boundaries. Yet, even that small understanding has been tested as we see more and more people with mental deficiencies perform brilliantly in various aspects of their lives. For any example of this simple look up famous people with mental illnesses and you can find a whole list of them, including mathematicians, actors, artist, writers, doctors and even, surprisingly, a few presidents. Which brings me to the question, should we allow a mentally challenged individual to hold our highest ranking political offices?

It’s common practice these days for a presidential candidate to release his health records. John McCain released his, all 1200 pages of them, which were poured over and scrutinized rigorously by the media. Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, John Kerry, Joe Biden, all released their medical records to the public. With the exception of Barack Obama, who so far has only released a doctors note expressing his “excellent health”, we’ve had a insight into the physical and mental health of our leaders. So what is Obama, the US President who’s been as transparent as a one way mirror, still hiding from us? In trying to answer this question I came across two interesting articles, albeit both very right-winged in their position. Written a few months apart back in 2010, these two pieces bring into question the mental stability of President Obama.

The First Article, purportedly written by a psychotherepist at the University of California known simply as Robin of Berkeley, and which I honestly give more credibility to simply by the manor in which it is presented and its lack of questionable sources, describes possible scenarios which account for the presidents obvious quirks and social miscue’s, including, but not limited to physical damage, drug use, and even signs of Asperger’s Syndrome and sexual abuse.

Physical Damage

It makes me wonder: Did Obama ever have a head injury? His stepfather in Indonesia was purportedly an alcoholic abuser. Was Obama subject to any physical abuse?

Drug Abuse

Obama admits to a history of drug use in his youth. Did his usage cause some damage? Does Obama still use?

Mental Illness

Obama's family tree is replete with the unbalanced. His maternal great-grandmother committed suicide. His grandfather, Stanley Dunham, was particularly unhinged: He was expelled from high school for punching his principal; named his daughter Stanley because he wanted a boy; and exposed young Barry to not just drunken trash talk, but unrestricted visits with alleged pedophile Frank Marshall Davis (who might or might not be Obama's biological father). Barack Sr. was an abusive, alcoholic bigamist.

Sexual Abuse

Apparently, young Barry was left in the care of Communist Frank Marshall Davis, who admitted to molesting a 13-year-old girl. As a teenager, Obama wrote a disturbing poem, "Pop," that evoked images of sexual abuse -- for instance, describing dual amber stains on both his and "Pop's" shorts.

The Second Article, which unlike the first, sites a dubious blogger with a supposed inside source at the White House unoriginally named “Deep Throat” and, according to some, has “proven” to be false information, tells the tale of a president who has succumb to the pressures of the job and his own deflated ego, thus spiraling him into deep depression, chain smoking, and social reclusiveness.

According to a report issued by retired U.S. Army Major-General Paul E. Vallely, who has served as special Fox News analyst for military issues, a reputable journalist with significant contacts inside the White House has asserted that Barack Obama has become unfit to serve due to emotional instability. – Anthony G. Martin

The assertions made by ‘Deep Throat’ are astounding…and frightening. The compilation of statements made by sources inside the White House paint a picture of a President who is in the throes of deep depression, and who exhibits no interest at all in the routine functions of the office of the President. Assertions also indicate that Obama is obsessed with the throngs he encounters on the campaign trail, and erroneously assumes they all adore him. – Wayne Madsen

Information is leaking that Barack Obama was treated for mental related illnesses in the 70′s and early 80′s and may have been prescribed anti-psychotic medications. Schizophrenia is the main reported diagnosis with possible case [of] severe depression…

Despite these two commentaries and their suspect credibility I do not feel as though the overall issue of the presidents current state of mental health should be over looked. His shady dedication to containing his personal information from the public is more than enough, in my opinion, to demand it’s release. Even still, unlike the potential consequences of learning the truth behind his citizenship, what recourse could his mental instability have on the country? After all, many presidents before him served under such conditions as depression, alcoholism, and even bi-polar disorder.

As a certain truth stated in the second article, under Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, the Vice President along with the approval of Congress can relieve the President of his duties in the event that he becomes unable to perform for any reason. Should Obama’s mental state deteriorate to such a level, would those capable of doing so be justified in removing him from office and what evidence would need to be presented to the public to prove such a case?

edit on 6/27/2011 by amaster because: correction.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If you've seen him debate or answer questions you'll see that he is a very articulate well thought out speaker and has no mental disabilities. That does not mean he makes the right decisions or knows how to do his job effectively however.

Don't confuse poor decision making with a mental disorder. He's doing what he think is right it just turns out that he's very wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

on the left side of obama's head there is a deep scar, from under the left ear curling around to under the chin. search for images of him , close up from the left.
that would indicate a serious accident or surgery that would have interrupted blood flow to the left hemisphere. as the scar is right over and along the left jugular.

have not read any explanation.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There needs to be a required --- test for Psychopathy, before anyone is put in charge over our lives. Those kinds have no conscious, no remorse, are narcissistic. Never wrong, it is always you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

Thank you for bringing up his cranial scarring. I saw pics of that, and it's truly disconcerting. There IS 'Manchurian Candidate' mindcontrol stuff that goes on. Endless info about it, merely searchengine.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
The First Article, purportedly written by a psychologist at the University of California known simply as Robin of Berkeley

Robin of Berkeley is not a psychologist, he/she is a psychotherapist. The difference?

The term "psychotherapist" is unlicensed; anyone -- and I mean anyone -- can call himself a psychotherapist.

Psychotherapist Credentials

I'm a psychotherapist, too, and Obama's fine.

Did you see Robin From Berkeley's other articles?

The Left's Dirty Little Secret
Why Obama is Just Not That Into You
The White Man's Burden
Liberalism and the Fear of Death
The Left and Their 'Good Victims'
Why the Left Hates Sarah Palin
Obama's Slave Ship
Looking for Racism (in All the Wrong Places)
We Don't Need No (Leftist) Education
Obama and the Evil Squatters
Typhoid Barry
The Gospel of Obama
The Obama Horror Picture Show
Liberal Racism
The Left's Use and Abuse of Children
A Shrink Asks: What's Wrong with Obama?
Liberals Are from Mars, Conservatives Are from Earth
The Obama Syndrome
The Left's Unbearable Darkness of Being
Why I Am Enlarging My Carbon Footprint
The Shock of Barack
Obama Is a Stranger in a Strange Land
The Weird Failure of the Left
Blaming Whitey
Obama's Mind Game
Will the Real Racist Please Stand Up?
The Trauma of Obama
Sympathy for the Devil
The Dawning of the Age of Obama
Is Obama a Narcissist?
Camelot and Obamalot
In Obama We Trust?
Obama the Repo Man
Why Do Liberals Bleed?
How to Deprogram a Liberal in One Year Or Less

This is just another birther and should be treated as one. It's nothing more than the suspicions, rumors and other meaningless tripe spewed by birthers and others who can't accept Obama in the White House.

The birther issue is dead (for now) so now people are turning to other means to get Obama out.

I do not feel as though the overall issue of the presidents current state of mental health should be over looked.

What makes you think that Obama's mental health is at risk? What particularly has he done to indicate this?

His shady dedication to containing his personal information from the public is more than enough, in my opinion, to demand it’s release.

So, a person practicing their Constitutionally-guaranteed right to privacy is enough for you to demand that right be violated? Real patriot, there...

edit on 6/27/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Every time I've seen him speak without his teleprompter telling him what to say, he makes idiotic statements such as "58 states" or claiming to have given a Medal of Honor to a living soilder who was KIA before he was president, with no attempt to correct himself.

He show's no sign of interest in his job since all he does is plays golf and takes vacation. He’s obscenely narcissistic, which in itself is a mental dissorder, as well as displaying a gross lack of remorse.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
should we allow a mentally challenged individual to hold our highest ranking political offices?

Make him remove his adult diaper, because that's America.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself, I'll post a real comment after I read your entire thread, but when I got to that point I just couldn't help myself, but so far I'm intrigued and will keep reading, yes, how can Barack Obama smile and wave while his birth certificate and Libyan war completely falls apart in front of his eyes. If anything he is a master at deceiving: HIMSELF!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

"Make him remove his adult diaper, because that's America."

Not to worry, the TSA will be MORE THAN GLAD to do that!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm sure he is not completely there in the head, but I'd say that his mental stablility is not as important as his criminal stability. You can't be a constitutional scholar and not know that the president needs congressional approval. He knows it, which is why it's not a war but 'kinetic military action' someone who uses this term is not mentally handicapped, he's just willfully deceptive.

I don't question the mental stability of Obama, I question the mental stability of those who support him. Now there is an interesting psychological study.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

First of all, thank you for catching my mistake, I’ve edited my post to reflect that. It seems I can always count on you to point them out.

As for your questions. I’m concerned for his mental health due to the immense pressure placed on him or any president. With depression as the leading mental illness for the holders of that position I would think it is of grave concern for him and his doctors, as I’m sure it is. If the history of mental illness is accurate and prevalent in his family, then the concern is that much greater. I question a leaders effectiveness and decision making abilities when his mental capacity is diminished.

I respect his right to privacy, constitutionally guaranteed or not, but it is my opinion (which I am still entitled to) that such information should be released, particular if mental illness is involved

And hey, I stated they weren't the most credible sources, nor do I entirely agree with them. I'm simply offering information for disscussion.
edit on 6/27/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If someone succeeds at getting Obama out, before his term is up, I wonder how well President Biden will be received.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. What I'm wondering is what has Obama done to make you think that he may have mental issues. Or does anyone with a stressful job get accused of having mental issues?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

For starters, we’re not talking about just any ol’ stressful job here. This is the presidency of the United States, one of the most powerful positions in the world. So I would think mental fitness is a prerequisite. And for the record, I don’t hold these standard just for Obama, I hold them for any who holds that position. He just happens to be the man in the seat right now. As a psychotherapist as well, it’s my professional opinion that any person who willingly wants to occupy the office of the president is mental.

But seriously, his hubristic narcissism is, I find, disturbing. His apparent disconnection with the public and pathological lying can be somewhat off-putting. He just doesn’t seem to get “it”, which would lead me to believe that, if he’s not being controlled like a puppet, then he’s mental.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

But seriously, his hubristic narcissism is, I find, disturbing. His apparent disconnection with the public and pathological lying can be somewhat off-putting. He just doesn’t seem to get “it”, which would lead me to believe that, if he’s not being controlled like a puppet, then he’s mental.

This could be said about just about anyone in the political arena.
Proven by the number of pictures going around the internet of various politician's naked chests and other parts, along with the multitude of scandalous affairs.
Definitely disturbing.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

This is certainly true, which is why, like i said, I don't hold this specifically for just him, he just happens to be in office right now.
edit on 6/27/2011 by amaster because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by amaster

Yes, you're entitled to your opinion. What I'm wondering is what has Obama done to make you think that he may have mental issues. Or does anyone with a stressful job get accused of having mental issues?
What makes me wonder is his refusal to release medical records.

You voted for him, (obviously),
does it bother you that he refuses to release his medical records?
Do you know that he is mentally competent to hold office?
Sure his doctor stated he is excellent physical shape but is he in excellent shape mentally ?
Are you willing to stake your life and the life of your loved ones in his hands without knowing if he is a psychopath?

Tell me if this doesn't describe Mr. Obama:

The two factors:

Factor 1: Personality "Aggressive narcissism"
- Glibness/superficial charm
- Grandiose sense of self-worth
- Pathological lying
- Cunning/manipulative
- Lack of remorse or guilt
- Shallow affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric)
- Callousness; lack of empathy
- Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2: Case history "Socially deviant lifestyle".
- Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
- Parasitic lifestyle
- Poor behavioral control
- Lack of realistic long-term goals
- Impulsivity
- Irresponsibility
- Juvenile delinquency
- Early behavior problems
- Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor
- Promiscuous sexual behavior
- Many short-term marital relationships
- Criminal versatility
- Acquired behavioural sociopathy/sociological conditioning

and the kicker!

(Item 21: a newly identified trait i.e. a person relying on sociological strategies and tricks to deceive)

The PCL-R is a clinical rating scale (rated by a psychologist or other professional) of 20 items. Each of the items in the PCL-R is scored on a three-point scale according to specific criteria through file information and a semi-structured interview. A value of 0 is assigned if the item does not apply, 1 if it applies somewhat, and 2 if it fully applies. In addition to lifestyle and criminal behavior the checklist assesses glib and superficial charm, grandiosity, need for stimulation, pathological lying, conning and manipulating, lack of remorse, callousness, poor behavioral controls, impulsivity, irresponsibility, failure to accept responsibility for one's own actions and so forth. The scores are used to predict risk for criminal re-offence and probability of rehabilitation.

en.wikipedia.org...

It would be easy to find an example where Mr. Obama has shown most of these traits.
If he were to be evaluated by a mental health professional I am sure he would be diagnosed as a psychopath.

Sorry about that, it must be difficult to see your champion be dissected with such accuracy.
Maybe your party should do a better job of vetting their candidate next time.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

You explain that, "The PCL-R is a clinical rating scale (rated by a psychologist or other professional)" and go on to say that, "it must be difficult to see your champion be dissected with such accuracy."

The only person here who claims that Obama has been "dissected with such accuracy" is you. So, which are you, a psychologist or other professional? If neither, why are you inflicting your amateur opinions on us?

As for the original OP, your information seems to come mostly from "Robin of Berkeley". Can you present any evidence that he is any sort of health care professional, or holds any position at the University of California? You also depend on even more extreme speculation from someone about whom you know even less than "Robin of Berkeley", about whom you appear to know nothing apart from his peculiar output and blinding imbalance.

We all, of course, choose the sources we believe in according to what we'd like to be true. But I do think we all have a responsibility to try to make sure they're correct before starting a thread with them.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

I would like to ask if you have spent the little time necessary to actually read anything that’s been written above here, especially those which conflict your personal views, because otherwise you would have noted in the OP that I state the sources are in themselves “questionable” and particularly one sided. That’s to be expected, considering the nature of the discussion, as the left would NEVER admit to placing a unstable candidate in the White House, so the “credible” MSN source you’re looking for is hidden away with Obama’s medical records.

As I stated, the information was presented as a topic of discussion, particularly about the conditions in which the president would be found unfit to perform his duties. I ask that we all please try to avoid immature insults and asinine assumptions.

As for Robin, supposedly she is a psychotherapist with the University of California at Berkeley which as pointed out earlier, is NOT an accredited member of the health care profession nor is her association with the university provable as she chooses to remain somewhat anonymous due to the strong liberal status of the college. Any credit given to her accounts is the personal discretion of the reader

edit on 6/27/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

Only a blind man can't diagnose Mr. Obama in this case.
Unless they are politically biased???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join