It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ralph Nader so right 3 years ago predicted that "Nuclear Power Won" and now we LOSE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This is an old video but it really rings true concerning the latest stories on Japan power plant melt down and now there is considerable danger at the Ft. Calhoun power plant

"Nuclear power won, both were for nuclear power."

He also mentions "aggressive NATO won" which is also relevant with the whole Libya invasion.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Wow it's almost sickening how right he is.. It's to bad we can't do anything to change it

Basically if you don't have millions of dollars your wants, needs, and problems don't matter to our government
edit on 27-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Your votes matter to them more than millions of dollars some corporation has. Their main goal is to remain in power so if you have the ability to get organized you have far more power than you think.

Would you like some examples of politicians flip-flopping on issues once they realized their votes were gonna dry up if they maintained the course they were on?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
reply to post by filosophia

Wow it's almost sickening how right he is.. It's to bad we can't do anything to change it

Basically if you don't have millions of dollars your wants, needs, and problems don't matter to our government
edit on 27-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

That's why I just had to dig this video up and post it. It is as you say sickening for him to be this right. Hopefully people start listening to these "kooks" a little more and stop trusting the real kooks the politicians.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by mb2591

Your votes matter to them more than millions of dollars some corporation has. Their main goal is to remain in power so if you have the ability to get organized you have far more power than you think.

Would you like some examples of politicians flip-flopping on issues once they realized their votes were gonna dry up if they maintained the course they were on?

I don't need any.. Would you like examples of politicians saying one thing and doing the opposite?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

No it's enough that I proved my point.

I know fully well that politicians often say one thing and do another. Teddy Roosevelt, on his famous train campaigns, often would have a speech planned for one spot and the exact opposite speech for his next depending on who he was addressing.

The one thing they have in common is their desire to stay in power and if that means going after corporations they will. You will often see them turn on the very people who funded them if the political climate dictates they do. You saw this recently with the democrats who turned on their own man because it was clear he was in a scandel he couldn't get out of. It was not politically savvy of them to support him so they didn't.

The people dictated that action, not the people with millions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by mb2591

No it's enough that I proved my point.

I know fully well that politicians often say one thing and do another. Teddy Roosevelt, on his famous train campaigns, often would have a speech planned for one spot and the exact opposite speech for his next depending on who he was addressing.

The one thing they have in common is their desire to stay in power and if that means going after corporations they will. You will often see them turn on the very people who funded them if the political climate dictates they do. You saw this recently with the democrats who turned on their own man because it was clear he was in a scandel he couldn't get out of. It was not politically savvy of them to support him so they didn't.

The people dictated that action, not the people with millions of dollars.

You didn't prove a point to me.. Yea the politicians will say anythin to get my vote but it's not like they will act on it once they get in power.
And if your referring to wiener gate... Well more than 50% of the people he was representing said they didn't care and he shouldn't resign. Soooo I don't know where your going with that.

new topics

top topics

join