It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first short story on here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just found this forum from a friend's post, really had no idea there was a story section. Here is exerpt from one of my earlier stories. I hope you like it. Thanks to all that read!

Untitled: The Morning

It's early morning. I hear the sounds of nature, of life awaken. The trees move in a calm wind as the shadows of night evaporate into it's dormant haven until the sun rests and the darkness can regain control. It feels like everything is as it should be, but it's nothing more than an illusion of what really lurks in the unseen.

I sit on the dock near the pond as I drink my morning coffee planning my day. It's hard to do though, cause the world is just not right anymore. I have sat back and watched as we have self destructed, mentally preparing for the consequences that lie ahead to avenge the ignorance of man and it's leaders and kings, those whom have used the good of our hearts' to strip the fiber of innocence and harmony away for the sake of their own wealth and power.

Most people that think this way have some sort of mental hinder, they have a darkness inside of them that overthrows the good, the reason why, I do not know, but I see the world for what it really is, I see life for what it is, with or without religion or law, but with a yearning to understand why we cannot live and value the things that are the most valiant and important. Life itself, man by man, woman by woman, hand to heart.

I look down into the water, it's the time of year where the water blooms and the fishes swim with no worries other than feeding as the bullfrogs and crikets quiet. A dragonfly lands on the rim of my cup, I look upon it with kind eyes and see it's beauty. As it flies off it connects with another in a simple, yet enlightening sight.

But then a fish comes to feed, and that sight turns to horror, but still I look with kind eyes, for I know something must always die for the other to live. It doesn't matter what category it falls under, something must always die for the other to live.

So I stand up and look down the hollow as the morning sun is blocked out by a weeping willow and watch the other wildlife scamper around and a deer looks at me with a scared pause in hopes that I mean no harm. I smile and appreciate it being here even though I know it doesn't understand me.

It helps numb the truth of what is to what it should be.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Very well written, Bravo!

You will deserve the title of Writer soon! You will just have to ask a mod for it!

Let me know when you post something else!

And you are right, everything needs to die in order to feed something else... Even Death, so life can become.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Thanks alot. Your right, it's a somber reality as you watch unspoiled life. Everything must die for the circle to live.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hi Jag!

Bravo BraVO! This is just fantastic!
Keep it up ,Pal.. You may win some kind of big prize award!

Anyhoo, found this .. Anxious to read more of your gr8 stuff! S&F!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thanks, I'm fixing to post a poem.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Good work!

If this was your first story,your other stories would be epic!

top topics

join