It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban commander Fazal Saeed leaves TTP, Sick of Civilian Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Source: www.dawn.com...

PESHAWAR: A Pakistani Taliban warlord who claims to control hundreds of foot soldiers said Monday he had broken with the militia and would form his own anti-American group along the Afghan border.

Fazal Saeed described himself as the leader of Pakistan’s umbrella Tehreek-i-Taliban (TTP) faction in the tribal district of Kurram, but said he had run out of patience with the network for killing civilians.

Ok, so I don't like the Taliban at all! BUT, you do have to give some sort of props to this guy for not wanting to continue the attacks on,

mosques, markets and other civilian targets

Again, this thread is not to promote the killing of anyone, or to promote the Taliban or this guy, BUT i do think it is honorable that he has decided to leave his organization because of the targeted killing of non-combatants.
Obviously, it sucks that the guy is going to make another group dedicated to strictly attacking US forces. But I think its important for some people to realize that while you may or may not agree with his motives for attacking the US, he at least wants it to be a true combat scenario, combatants vs combatants... and not target civilians whatsoever.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Well they are at War in their land. Of course there is going to be someone against the invaders, its no like there gonna give up to fight for their country because of their pride. An American will do the same fight for their pride

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whirpool
reply to post by Nspekta

Well they are at War in their land. Of course there is going to be someone against the invaders, its no like there gonna give up to fight for their country because of their pride. An American will do the same fight for their pride

Agreed.. I guess i just wanted to show that despite what they believe, there is still some honor out there even within Extremist groups.. The fact that they are specifically not targetting civilians is fairly honorable, even though i don't agree with their cause. It reminds me of some top Nazi generals and military officers who were sickened by civilian carpet bombings of london and other areas. (Even though it was the allies who started the carpet bombing originally!)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Only good TALIB or Talibans are the dead ones.

There is no room or doubt or even a thought to consider for these scums. I feel this guy should still be found and punished for his other crimes while he was still with the group. Its like killing 100 people and then show some honor and pride after 10 years to gain public's respect somehow for someone belonging to a terrorist group? Give me break.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I agree somewhat...

The guy is switching from one group who have killed untold thousands of civilians and now wants to be seen as a "Good " fighter. Well good for him. The Taliban are not really "Terrorists" However they do have an evil twisted view of Islam and they should NEVER again be in power IMO. They are murderers and killers. I'm not talking about what they have done in their fight with the West etc. All's fair in love and war I suppose. [Blowing up 20 or 30 people to kill one or two soldiers/policemen etc]

They have a very real history of how they ran Afghanistan. I'll let that record speak for itself. Brutality was the norm not the exception during that period. I'm glad though that one of their members have come out and admitted that the Taliban are responsible for so many civilian killings.

Now I'll just sit back and watch some here try to justify their horrendous actions/killings etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Nspekta

Only good TALIB or Talibans are the dead ones.

There is no room or doubt or even a thought to consider for these scums. I feel this guy should still be found and punished for his other crimes while he was still with the group. Its like killing 100 people and then show some honor and pride after 10 years to gain public's respect somehow for someone belonging to a terrorist group? Give me break.

Yes, as much as I don't condone any killing, i agree that the Taliban are cruel and should not be in power. Yes, this guy should arrested or whatever for what he has done in the past HOWEVER, I do find it honorable that he is against civilian killings, although I'm sure he was involved in civilian killings previous to his change of heart. I still don't agree or like the guy and his cause, I just found it interesting that there is some compassion out there, even within extremist groups

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by hp1229

I agree somewhat...

The guy is switching from one group who have killed untold thousands of civilians and now wants to be seen as a "Good " fighter. Well good for him. The Taliban are not really "Terrorists" However they do have an evil twisted view of Islam and they should NEVER

If the CIA or ISI has not gotten to this guy then it certainly seems to be a setup by the Talaiban/Taliban to infiltrate yet another one of their members to be in touch with the Government/Media/ISI/CIA side of the fence somehow if he can manage and eventually reveal his true colors or possibly get more info for their cause.

Based on what the net has on them, they started out as a group against the tyranny of the local government in that region and eventually power hungry group with several sub-groups affiliated to them which are more or less subsidiaries (wholly owned or partially) supporting terrorism. Now it all depends if we're talking about Pakistani Taliban/Talaiban or the Afghan based Talaiban/Taliban though both seem to be the same. Both started as Fundamentalist Groups but changed as they gained the grounds and power. I can post several links but they all talk about the same thing that is fed to them by the media.

edit on 27-6-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join