It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Evangelist Jason Hooper claims he's on a mission from god

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

US Evangelist Jason Hooper claims he's on a mission from god

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

A VISITING American evangelist who claims healing powers has walked from a NSW court without even a fine despite driving 110km blind drunk and crashing into a parked car.

Self-claimed "prophet of God" Jason Hooper - touring with Hillsong protege Ben Hughes - declared God had forgiven him for his double-shot whisky binge that ended in a mangled wreck on the Mid North Coast.

"I've worked it out with the Lord. I was wrong," Hooper told The Sunday Telegraph.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So apparently if your a self proclaimed 'prophet of god' you can hit the double shots of whiskey all night, get yourself an alcoholic blood reading of .206, hop into a car and drive twice the legal speed limit, slam into another car and a judge will let you off scott-free because you're under 'Ministerial Pressure', you're suffering financial problems... and you've personally made it right with god?

Note to self: I must remember this excuse should I fall foul of the law!

Many Australians are understandably outraged that this sad excuse for a holy man has not been fined, jailed, had his visa ripped up and deported back to the USA.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Jake and Elwood were the last to have officially been on a mission from god. Anyone else claiming that is full of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hillsong, why am I not surprised.

I happen to be married to the step-daughter of someone who used to attend and work with Hillsong - someone whom I will not name but was one of their big name pastors for many years until he woke up to what was going on. My wifes father also did work with Hillsong and the stories he tells are shocking to say the least. Both my step-father-in-law AND my father-in-law were considered, at the time, to be in Brian Houston's "inner circle".

Hillsong is a fraud. Brian Houston should be jailed.
edit on 27/6/2011 by Kryties because: Added more

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

Jake and Elwood were the last to have officially been on a mission from god. Anyone else claiming that is full of it.

I had a great reply ready, but how do you follow that?

(Seriously, this news story is appalling.)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Hillsong, why am I not surprised.

I happen to be married to the step-daughter of someone who used to attend and work with Hillsong - someone whom I will not name but was one of their big name pastors for many years until he woke up to what was going on. My wifes father also did work with Hillsong and the stories he tells are shocking to say the least.

Hillsong is a fraud. Brian Houston should be jailed.
edit on 27/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Indeed!

There's needs to be a judicial enquiry into any links magistrate Wayne Evans may or may not have to Hillsong or other related religious institutions. This is completely unacceptable IMHO!

IRM

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I would go into more detail, I hate being vague in this instance, but I would want to run it by both step-father in law and my father in law before I name names or anything. Suffice it to say people could probably figure out who i'm talking about through a little googling.

As for Hillsong, let's just say political affiliations are the tip of the iceberg

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm happy for you to share any dirt on Hillsong mate. Especially if it involves Australian Idol! LOL!

IRM

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here is a funny piece on another charlatan, Robert Tilton. This guy suckered $millions from Christains for years until ABC did an expose on him.

Check out " Pastor Gas "

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I respect that but will keep an eye out to see if you are "allowed" to reveal anything. I have read many rumors, but you seem to have the highest-placed source. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The guy was caught drunk driving. He wrecked his own car and a parked car. He has to pay to get them fixed. No one was hurt. No one was injured.He pleaded guilty. This is was first offence. He is touring NSW and is now banned from driving. I think that is fair enough punishment.

The news article mentions the most severe pusinhments. WHY??? How many times has he been caught drunk driving in NSW before. Maybe the article could tell us what the normal punishment is for a first time offence drunk driving case. What is the normal punishment for the first time a person gets caught drunk driving?????

In my country you will loose your license. You might get a small fine but if you haven't hurt anyone and only done small damage that you have to pay for you might even get off the fine.
First offence of drunk drving. What the hell do you people want???

I cant stand any evangelists but why attack him over something like this just because who he is? Seems pathetic media hype. I'm sure he will learn from this mistake. And if he doesn't , well thats when your whack him with big fine or lock him up for a little.

No one allowed make a mistake anymore?? (AARGH he is an evangelist, lets get te pitchforks and burn him for this ARGH!!!)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

The penalty is fines, loss of license and or jail. This guy got off basically scott-free. More than can be said for the average person in my country who gets caught drunk driving. First offence or not. Someone could have easily been killed. This guy preaches from a high place but has little to no regard for anyone else's life. Hypocrisy much?

These people need to be held to a higher standard than the average person. He is a prophet of god no?

Ridiculous!

IRM

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
check out these people -appalling!

Abraham lied.
Sarah laughed at God’s promises.
Moses stuttered.
Moses had a short fuse.
So did Peter, Paul and lots of folks.
Hosea’s wife was a prostitute.
Mary M?
Paul was a murderer.
So was Moses.
So was David.
David’s armor didn’t fit.
David had an affair.
Amos’ only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
Solomon was too rich.
Jesus was too poor.
Peter denied Christ.
The Samaritan Woman was divorced five times.
Elijah was suicidal at one point.
Abraham was too old.
David was too young.
Peter was afraid of death.
Lazarus was dead.
John was self-righteous.
Naomi was a widow.
Jonah ran from God.
Miriam was a gossip.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
Elijah was burned out.
John the Baptist was a loudmouth.
Martha was a worry-wart.
Mary may have been lazy.
Samson had long hair.
Noah got drunk.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
another religious muppet. almost as bad as a muslim/jew or what ever spirit in the sky crew. Wish they would all die and leave us infidels in peace. Thats the only way we are going to have peace on earth. When we get rid of muppets like this.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Darn, I was going to say 'inb4 a Blues Brothers reference', but I was much too late

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
another religious muppet. almost as bad as a muslim/jew or what ever spirit in the sky crew. Wish they would all die and leave us infidels in peace. Thats the only way we are going to have peace on earth. When we get rid of muppets like this.

Lol, you could replace the religious with the anti-theistic, and that post would sound like that of an intolerant religious extremist - 'I hope all those who disagree with my point of view will die out, so we can be at peace'. I think you have more in common with the more extreme of those you so dislike than you care to acknowledge, with your narrow-mindedness and your seeming inability to tolerate others

edit on 27/6/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Welp... I'm going to hit this Biblical Prophet with some biblical text...

Here's one from Matt..

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

and how about one more just to drive the point home..

2 Pet 2:3 [NIV] In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

You know.. Do as I say not as I do...

You would think a self proclaimed "Prophet of God" would conduct themselves accordingly......
edit on 27-6-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by JohnySeagull

The penalty is fines, loss of license and or jail. This guy got off basically scott-free. More than can be said for the average person in my country who gets caught drunk driving. First offence or not. Someone could have easily been killed. This guy preaches from a high place but has little to no regard for anyone else's life. Hypocrisy much?

These people need to be held to a higher standard than the average person. He is a prophet of god no?

Ridiculous!

IRM

Thankfully no one was killed.

Most jail sentences in relation to drunk driving are applied to repeat offenders or when there is injury or death caused. You may not like it but that is how it is.

i don't think people should be locked up because of what could have happend.

I would like you to show me a case reported in a paper in NSW where a drunk driver is jailed when no one was injured and its their first time in court. thanks.

I hope you judge yourself as harsly as you judge other people.

you believe he is a prophet of god. you on your own there mate. you think the law is supposed to judge you depending on your job? bizzare.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Wow that was a pretty "Extreme" thing to say.. You want all people who believe in God to just die? I think you have more in common with the Islamic Extremists you condemn.

I think you should get some psychological help... that whole homicidal mania attitude is going to get you into trouble one day.
edit on 27-6-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

I hope you judge yourself as harsly as you judge other people.

I do.

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
you believe he is a prophet of god. you on your own there mate. you think the law is supposed to judge you depending on your job? bizzare.

No, it was sarcasm. I'm an atheist. I think the guy is just another bible thumping charlatan. Corrupt to the core!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join