It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's New Freedom Initiative: Mind Control and Pharma Greed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There's a new Bush plan in the works. It's called the "New Freedom Initiative." The funny thing is, it has nothing to do with freedom. Hardly. It has everything to do with controlling your thoughts through drug "therapy," enriching the pharmaceutical companies bank accounts and destroying the American social contract. All under the guise of enhancing our mental health. This is pure evil. If you thought Hillary Clinton and her national healthcare commission was bad business, take a look at this. It's even more diabolical.

Bush Wants To Be Your Shrink

Article & Essay / Articles & Essays
Date: Aug 06, 2004 - 01:38 PM
Now Bush wants to test every American for mental illness--including you! And guess who will create the tests?
By Jordanne Graham

Next month, President Bush plans to unveil a broad new mental health plan called the �New Freedom Initiative.� Never mind that it couldn�t have less to do with freedom; if you�re a thinking American, this initiative should scare the hell out of you.

The New Freedom Initiative proposes to screen every American, including you, for mental illness. To this end, the president established a New Freedom Commission on Mental Health, to study the nation�s mental health delivery service and make a report. It�s interesting to note that many on the staff appointed to the Commission have served on the advisory boards of some of the nation�s largest drug companies.

The commission reported that �despite their prevalence, mental disorders often go undiagnosed,� so it recommended comprehensive mental health screening for �consumers of all ages,� including preschool children because �each year, young children are expelled from preschools and childcare facilities for severely disruptive behaviors and emotional disorders.�

Children and school personnel will be the first to be screened. The panel concluded that schools are in �key positions� to screen the 52 million students and six million adults who work at the schools. By doing this, the commission expects to flush out another six million persons not now receiving treatment. But who will decide the screening criteria? Bush and his people? The drug companies? What are their qualifications?
www.interventionmag.com...

There is no end to what the pharma-nazis and power elite want to do to control the US citizenry. They have the technology to implant micro-chips into an unwitting person through a mere shot, for example. This should scare the hell out of everybody.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You want to know what the sad part of that is ECK? If you refuse the test or screening you will likely be arrested and labeled as a terrorist or un-American. This is truly scary! Shouldn't it be my right to decide whether or not to take the test?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Damn right. The scary thing is, if this crap goes through, they'll be taking babies - right after birth - and starting this BS diagnosis crap. It's just gonna escalate into bigger nightmarish scenarios. And all the while, Bush's pharma-cronies are gonna be getting richer and richer at our nation's expense.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Damn right. The scary thing is, if this crap goes through, they'll be taking babies - right after birth - and starting this BS diagnosis crap.

I wonder if this included in the BioTerrorism bill he signed in 2002

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've seen this tossed around a few months now linked to various sources and fielded more than my fair share of forwarded chain mail alerts to the impending Dept of Homeland Sanity, and dismissed it all. Sorry, but it sounds like something Rove would make up about Kerry.

But in the interest of determining the weight of this threat and not just partisan doomsaying, I'm requesting some serious unemotional non-partisan investigation and a link to something, anything I recognize. CNN, FOX...a White House Speech. Anything. Please.

I'm not saying it couldn't be true, but I need to know whether or not to join the NRA today and get me some guns.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is scary....I mean...think about it, RANT...if it has been proven would you accualy know if it was? I mean would you know you were accualy takeing the test? who knows you could have just gone to the doctor or to your shrink or something and that could have been the test. Who knows for sure unless your a spy!

This is just one more thing that will signal the downfall of the US....and all freedoms compleatly.

Just my two cents.....

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'll do some digging, RANT, and get back to you on this. I'll get you some more information. Creepy things dead ahead, to be sure. Unless we put a stop to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's the final report :-
www.mentalhealthcommission.gov...
Check out goal 4.

The language has been watered down a little from the progress report published a couple of months ago.

from the progress report :

quote: "The Commission also concluded that the roles played by states must be central to the transformation process, but states must rely heavily upon the involvement of consumers in research, planning, and evaluation activities. At the same time, the coordinated efforts of more than 25 Federal agencies must undergird and reinforce the states� processes. Every adult with a serious mental illness or child with a serious emotional disturbance must have an individualized plan of care coordinating services among programs and across agencies. Every state must have a comprehensive mental health plan, the ownership of which is shared by all state agencies impacting the care of persons with serious mental illnesses."

All official government sources. This is for real.
related thread :-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here's are really good article on Vaccine Epidemic that ought to wet your whistle. It is rather long but it's a good read! It doesn't necesarily have to do with mind control but it comments on how our soldiers don't have any say on getting shots regardless of what it's for.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

[edit on 10-8-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
Here's the final report :-
www.mentalhealthcommission.gov...
Check out goal 4. This is for real...

related thread :-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see I've got some catching up to do. You've done some work there in Medical Issues Muppet.
And I'm glad this came up in Politics ECK, because the more I read the scarier it's getting.

Not because this is the biggest, most bloated welfare initiative I've seen in my lifetime...or that we're basically treating kids like pets or property (because hey, they kind of are)

But because of all the sneaky side wording I'm seeing throughout it so far about "adult" and "parent" illness and screenings. Yet, it's never laid out.

Okay, empower the school to suggest the possibility of parental mental disorders? Erm, empower how?

And this:

Including "social and emotional check-ups" in primary health care.

This is where the doctor starts asking questions like how much do you drink and do you have firearms at home. Those are fun. They do that now and secretly report you and have your license permanently revoked if they think you drink too much at night.

Anyone need the link to the Michagan case or RIDL on that? It's happening now. I don't think we need a freaking "initative" to make Patriot Patients or whatever this version of nonsense double speak is.

And why aren't Bush supporters in here explaining this mayhem and supporting it? Or otherwise just as scared? Assuming you're okay with the invasion of privacy and loss of civil liberites on "whims" of social "checkups" what about the COST? Remember the mantra? SMALL GOVERNMENT??? Anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks all for contributing! I've been kind of tied up today.

When the government starts talking about mandatory this and that, it is time to get worried. What the state may consider mental illness does not make a person mentally ill - know what I mean? The state can say ANYONE has a mental or emotional deficiency - and then TREAT you, whether you like it or not. You are also forever branded.

I don't know what's more insideous, (a) the mind control aspect or the fact that (b) pharmeceutical companies will make so much more money off the doping up of Americans or (c) the economic havoc it will wreak. This thing needs to be shutdown immeditately! Bush and his government have no business in my personal life or yours!

It's all about control!

Here's some stuff I found: (I normally don't use WND, but they obviously see it as big brotherish)

LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER
Bush to screen population for mental illness
Sweeping initiative links diagnoses to treatment with specific drugs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 21, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

� 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

President Bush plans to unveil next month a sweeping mental health initiative that recommends screening for every citizen and promotes the use of expensive antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs favored by supporters of the administration.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

The Plan:

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Another take on a different aspect of the NFI proposals. Apparently "help" we be in the form of LOANS to disabled people so they can afford the "assistance" they need.

New Freedom Initiative: Survival of the Fittest �Equality�

But what does W. propose to remedy this situation? He is asking Congress to create a new fund - a federal investment - that would go directly to rehabilitation centers and businesses to develop and produce such equipment. Here is the clincher: these organizations will get money to pay staff and develop products while disabled people who absolutley need them will have to purchase the equipment by taking out low-interest loans. The developers get the government money outright, while the disabled person must pay for the product they produce using taxpayer dollars.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And another excellent article.
TOTALITARIAN RULE TO DIAGNOSE AT WILL

Mental health issues are notoriously vague in their diagnosis, being generally based on a series of checklists and "how many of these symptoms" tests. it is this school of thought, where anything can be defined as a syndrome, that has been the basis of the initiative.

The Commission based its entire findings on the definition of mental illness as defined by psychiatry's billing bible, the DSM. The DSM contains hundreds of psychiatric mental "disorders" which are a list of behavioral symptoms that are literally voted into existence and inserted into the DSM. Such diagnoses include "Caffeine-Related Disorder," "Mathematics Disorder," "Disorder of Written Expression," and the all-encompassing "Phase of Life Problem." These "disorders" are simply a classification of symptoms that are drastically different from, and foreign to, anything in medicine.

There's even a category for those who don't fit into their predesigned categories.

� To give an example of this so-called science, consider the following mental "disorder" taken directly out of the DSM:

Billing Code Number 313.9
"Disorder of Infancy, Childhood, or Adolescents, Not Otherwise Specified"
(The entire diagnostic criteria listed in the DSM for this category is as follows)

"This category is a residual category for disorders with onset in infancy, childhood, or adolescents that do not meet criteria for any specific disorder in the Classification."

Uh huh. Sounds like the Article 58 of mental health.

Incidentally, the original BMJ article has elicited a lot of responses within the medical and psychiatric professions. When doctors start using words like "fascist" and "totalitarian" it's worth taking notice..

Medical professional's responses (again from the BMJ) here :-

bmj.bmjjournals.com...

[edit on 10/8/04 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Maybe this "plan" will be unveiled as a big boost to people without healthcare. A certain amount of drugs subsidized by the drug companies, then they cut you off. Doctors explain how terrible it would be to make your kid go cold turkey (or the adult for that matter), and you have a hooked consumer. I made the mistake of ging on Zoloft for a few months and weaned myself off of it when my insurance ran out. It was horrible, and I can see where someone less aware of the mind control aspect would find some way to stay on it. Or if their hyperactive kid was nice and dopey and manageable, they would have lots of incentive to pay for it.

I can see some kind of medicare being offered, but only if you submit to the screenings and drugs and programs. I read something about handicapped people being forced to work in government jobs or lose benefits under this plan. The government gets almost free labor, the drug companies get hooked consumers, and we the people get screwed.

Yee freakin haw!
~Saerlaith

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Brave New World, here were come! Where do I pick up my soma (paxil, zoloft, etc)?

-Attero

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
With all this having said there is only one question remaining ,

Why do people still vote for bush???????

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Excellent posts, one and all. Thanks to adding to this conversation - and thanks for the links.

I remember reading a Vanity Fair article (I think) written by Sebastian Junger regarding his buddy detoxing off Zoloft over in Bosnia. Then again, it might have been written by the guy (Junger's buddy in the conflict) - not sure - sorry! The bottom line is this, he went through living hell when he ran out. So much so, Junger risked their lives driving the poor guy to find a fix before they both went mad. I don't EVER want to get hooked on ANY of these mind-enhancing anti-depressants. It's no different than getting hooked on heroin! In this case the state is the pusher, the pharmo-nazis are the supplier and beneficiary. They make slaves of the willing. That's the beginning of mind control. We should all be afraid of that.

new topics

top topics

join