It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. Reporter Gets Arrested For Recording At A Public Meeting (Police State)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What the hell is our world coming to? Seriously! There is nothing wrong about recording a public meeting. The same goes for music concerts since people bought the ticket to the concert. They have the right to record. I truly have a sense that the officers arresting citizens for recording are not real officers trying to promote civil welfare in our society but instead phonies to scare the public into obeying laws crafted by the elite to impose the people under their rule. It makes sense why the elites love people who are peaceful obeying citizens, they have turned officers into law abiding and obeying citizens. Don’t officers know better than to arrest a peaceful citizen? They are doing nothing wrong. I see a brainless officer in all the recording arrest cases.
The more I see people get arrested for recording by officers, the more I feel like recording is cool and need to do it myself. www.businessinsider.com...

According to Epstein's account, he witnessed journalist Pete Tucker take a still photo of the proceedings with his camera phone. When Tucker was placed under arrest for taking the picture, the crowd reacted, Epstein broke out his iPhone and recorded Tucker getting hand-cuffed.

(The woman who was given assurances by the officer that she could have my phone can be seen at the end of the video telling me, "You do not have permission to record this!")

Heading out the door Epstein ignored warnings to stop and "stay put" and was surrounded by officers. When he tried to get the attention of a group of nearby cab drivers, Epstein was arrested.

edit on 27-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Looks like someone didn't want the content of this meeting to be spread via the world wide web
When stuff like this happens people should start to worry that the government doesn't really have interest in what the people want.
edit on 27-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

The trouble in this was clearly when a woman officiating at the meeting saw the picture being taken and didn't like it so she complained to the cops. She is wrong of course to do this and needs to be trained. The cops were also wrong. They should have told the woman that the meeting is public and pictures are OK. Cops don't like being corrected by "suspects" and they will never back down once they start on you. Too much ego. Then when the cops are not obeyed a charge of resisting is reason for arrest. So to sum up the journalist in this case was much better educated than either the officials or the cops and paid the price for it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
While I agree whole-heartedly that all elected officials should be subject to audio/visual archiving while representing the electorate (...and; for the record, I am in favor of this being mandatory, and viewable on-demand by any tax-payer ), I vehemently disagree with 'having a right' to record concerts.
I am a professional musician that pays the bills with music, and it is not only against the law (as it is THEFT), but specifically prohibited ON THE TICKET you erroneously assume brings you the 'right" to steal my livelihood and plaster it (with TERRIBLE sound quality) all over YouTube.

People from foreign domains type in an artist's name and get your f@*#ed-up version, which means they may never investigate further.

As a Thelemite, I hereupon begin a Working in YOUR honor OP...good luck keeping your theivery equipment charged!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It looks like the people walked out on the meeting because of this bogus arrest. The people were objecting to the arrests.

This brings a ray of hope.

People are waking up.

They are starting to object.

They are starting to act.

It's small reaction now, but it's a start.

new topics

top topics

join