It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient "Solar Boat" Unearthed at the Giza Pyramids (Pics)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

The solar boat construction is exquisite. The wooden planks were woven together with hemp rope that would expand and contract with the water. The boat would essentially "breathe". The solar boat was one of my favorite artifacts that I saw in Egypt, very humbling to see such elegant simplicity.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

The news is that they are exhuming it and not leaving it in place as was the SOP since 1987. It is weird they're deciding to remove it now. The tomb it was in would have continued to protect it better than any of our current "climate-controlled" tech.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cjno6

You sound like you know what you are talking about.

I have to agree with you. Having never been there myself, I can only go from the video etc.

It would seem to me that if they already have one out for display, why bother this one-after the examination of the area? Put it back....

Just in case it really does mean something... The aliens maybe pissed but not so much if we leave something intact.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I see nothing specific about the boats in themselves, the simplicity does not suggest the same kind of accuracy as in the pyramids. And from what I can remember, I think the pyramids and the sphynx always have been attributed to "egyptian prior" era.

However, the theory of Expanding earth does explain "how" they were able to build these pyramids with their noamad tools. These stones, were simply not as heavy back then. And the story of "nephilim" and flood, are not the evil or the story of the wrath of god, as previously thought. They are just natural phenomenon, were the earth got bombarded by a meteor, resulting in a sudden flood and icing, followed by an increase in the earths gravity, that eventually led to stones being heavier, and people not being able to grow as tall.

No aliens involved.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Anon72 - just relaying the great info I learned on my trip!!!
I inquired with my tour guide about this news since we were told they wouldn't remove it. To paraphrase my tour guide, it is her opinion that Dr. Hawass is trying to position himself to retain power when a new Egyptian government finally emerges, and to boost the tourism industry, which has totally tanked due to the Arab Spring. Unfortunately this solar boat is a "card to play" in unfolding events. I don't know how they will adequately protect it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

the theory of Expanding earth does explain "how" they were able to build these pyramids with their noamad tools. These stones, were simply not as heavy back then. And the story of "nephilim" and flood, are not the evil or the story of the wrath of god, as previously thought. They are just natural phenomenon, were the earth got bombarded by a meteor, resulting in a sudden flood and icing, followed by an increase in the earths gravity, that eventually led to stones being heavier, and people not being able to grow as tall.

Sir, I have never heard of this concept before. Interesting.... but I think the aliens are just as plausable. IMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

The egyptians were great sailors. They had trade boats that sailed to Greece and Rome. They had military boats. Where did you get the idea that they were landlocked?

www.touregypt.net...

By the time Egypt "ruled the seas", there was nothing to trade for in Greece and Rome. Those are river boats.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees I suspect the ancient occupation did sail the oceans , all the ancient funeral texts refer to a trip sailing west into the sunset , and returning with the morning sun in the east , by boat, mostly seen as a mythical journey but IMHO it was originally a real journey to real locations , it appears the Egyptian long distant ocean travelling seem to have ended with the bronze age collapse about 1200 BC , clearly they had the boats required , and the money to fund them , and the knowledge of stars to navigate by , and they claim to have sailed the oceans as described in the ancient funeral texts , granted there remains few experts who accept this yet , but IMHO there is nil doubt , and lots of evidence for those with the time , patience and interest

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join