It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient "Solar Boat" Unearthed at the Giza Pyramids (Pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

The egyptians were great sailors. They had trade boats that sailed to Greece and Rome. They had military boats. Where did you get the idea that they were landlocked?

www.touregypt.net...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
I don't understand how this boat is special at all.. It looks like a normal wooden boat..

You got it. The depictions of The Sun in the drawings are simple reflections of the fact that the residents of the plateau at the time worshipped the Sun God Ra and his alter ego Horace (equivalent of the modern Devil).

Nothing to do with any reference to this being anything other than a wooden boat.

As far as it being so well preserved, if anything is buried in sand and not exposed to the elements, it will be decently preserved. No wind or water erosion. It's not rocket science and is something that a desert dwelling society would have been well aware of, even in 2500 BC.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

It's probably because they had the world's largest river.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
Feasible?...
Check this out:

The Pyramid of Cheops uses more stone than all the churches of England built since the time of Christ; the pyramid complex at Zoser is the largest single-purpose monument built by man.

Good luck getting that approved.

AND

They Great Wall of China uses more stone and material than the Great Pyramid. But no mystery there.

Also Khufu/Cheops pyramid isn't the largest in the world. By Volume this Pre-Columbian pyramid is. [Which was mistaken for a mountain] when the Catholic Church built a cathedral on it...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/638a74337157.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bc82c5ea157.jpg[/atsimg]
Great Pyramid of Cholula

The Great Pyramid of Cholula, also known as Tlachihualtepetl (Nahuatl for "artificial mountain"), is a huge complex located in Cholula, Puebla, Mexico. It is the world's largest monument and largest Pre-Columbian pyramid by volume.

Cholula is most famous as the site of the Great Pyramid of Cholula, the largest man-made pyramid and monument by volume in the world. The temple-pyramid complex was built in four stages, starting from the 3rd century BCE through the 9th century CE, and was dedicated to the deity Quetzalcoatl.

edit on 27-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Now there's a thought! Wood was precious in ancient egypt. It was only available in the southern nile regions in an area then known as Nubia. For the upper Nile region wood was an import.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by anon72

Except we already know that the great pyramid at Giza was built by the Pharoah Khufu. No wandering tribe just came acorss it one day while strolling around the dessert.

The pyramids were not built during Khufu's time, they are far older. Hope this helps.

If anyone has any reasoning to go with the Khufu theory, apart from good old Howard Vyse, then by all means enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

ever been to New York city? You should go.
They have these large stone buildings. They go so high up in the sky they call them skyscrapers. Oh and underneath those large stone structures are miles and miles of tunnels. Some have trains running through them and some are just underground walkways with stores and resturants. And from what I have heard because I have not been everywhere but I heard that they have these structures in many large cities around the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by anon72

They have these large stone buildings. They go so high up in the sky they call them skyscrapers. Oh and underneath those large stone structures are miles and miles of tunnels. Some have trains running through them and some are just underground walkways with stores and resturants. And from what I have heard because I have not been everywhere but I heard that they have these structures in many large cities around the world.

You fail at ridicule..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

reply to post by anon72

You fail at ridicule..

Gee I didnt even know I signed up for the course.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
u had me thinking its was solar powered

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Question could missing outer casing of the pyramid be the same stone the city is built out of..? could that explain why the outer casing is mission..?

edit on 27-6-2011 by Legion2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Billions are spent on ridiculous projects all the time. The general public hardly bat an eyelid. I agreee though, there isn't much point in recreating the great pyramid when we have cheaper, easier materials to use.

Would be cool to replicate though, in all its glory.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sailing With the SunS
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9a796985632.jpg[/atsimg]
who else sees the second sun below the main sun, and planet x to the right of it

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

I don't see it dude. Can you be more specific?

Are you able to highlight it?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

Sailing With the SunS
who else sees the second sun below the main sun, and planet x to the right of it

i say COUNT THE PEOPLE!!!

notice how they have different symbols on the top of their head!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

There are 11 of them, I can't make out the symbols. 11 is allways an interesting number though.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If they were able to build the pyramids, putting the blocks in place seamlessly, The going scientific/mathematical calculation = 1 block (roughly 15 tons). "The average number of blocks that have to be placed each day equals (590,712
blocks)/(20years x 364.25 days) = 81 blocks per day.

If 10 crews of 300 men work on each of the four sides of the pyramid, then
the totals of 40 crews and 12,000 men will be needed. Each of the crews will
be responsible to place 81/40 = 2 blocks per day.

The workload passes through three phases of decreasing difficulty, which are
determined by the weights of the heaviest blocks:
Steps 1 through 21 (60.59 to 27.24 tons)
Steps 22 through 136 (17.66 to 6.44 tons)
Steps 127 through 201 (3.05 to 2.63 tons)

As the weight of the blocks decrease, Step to Step, the sizes of the drag
crews will decrease. However, when this happens, the number of blocks needed
to be dragged each day can be reduced because one large block can be dragged
and cut into several smaller blocks that are needed." - SOURCE.

....knowing this, the Egyptians (if they built the Pyramids),......should have been able to at least build a wooden boat the size of the Titanic. It seems they got pretty lazy with this particular invention/acheivement.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

wow - amazing to be able to uncover such things thousands of years later. What is it about Egyptians and eternity? The mummies and monuments and even wooden boats cannot succomb to time......

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Sailing With the SunS

i say COUNT THE PEOPLE!!!

notice how they have different symbols on the top of their head!

It looks like a bug to me, planet X i don't see it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have visited the pyramids and the sphinx which was one of the best experiences of my life. I am not convinced the current dates and who they were built by are correct. I have seen the 'traditional documentaries' on Discovery etc a Jewish slaves building them and then fleeing from Pharoah etc. and some of the other theories purely designed to fit religious and political ideals.

Where I think they all fall down is because the Sphinx is aligned to the constellation Leo. Also the pyramids are also aligned astromonically and its these alignments that date these structures.
www.soulsofdistortion.nl... and the later link.

If you accept that the Sphinx is older than the pyramids which seems to be the current idea, you are saying that some highly sophisticated culture popped out of nowhere carved the sphinx aligning it astronolmically with the age of Leo which would have been 10,500 BC to 8400BC. These people then disappear and come back at some time around 4000BC and up go three perfect pyramids with their alignments.

I get a gut feeling that the sphinx and the pyramids at Giza were probably built together and the pyramids especially were left completely plain. They were perfection anyway. I think the city of workmen who did indeed work at Giza came along much later and were possibly either more involved with dressing the pyramids. When you look at their tools they struck me they were more for decoration and small masonry work which was when the Pharoahs of the day claimed these fabulous buildings.

www.davidpbillington.net...

I can't help thinking of other ancient structures like Nan Madol where there are huge slabs of stone that have no carvings on whatsoever.

I saw another thread about Tesla's arial and I suspect Tesla rediscovered the ancient energy source the original builders of the pyramids used. We know there are no smoke stains which would have meant they did not see in the pitch dark with candles or lamps and we also know they were phenomenally brilliant at construction. Many of the later pyramids seem to be done by a group of people copying the original builders. What I found very sad was that when staying in Egypt I asked several Egyptians about the pyramids and their lack of any kind of knowledge about their past was actually sad. Nothing is cast in stone so I look forward to more evidence or other ideas coming up. I can't see the sky boat which looks like an ordinary boat belonging to the original builders either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join