It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll tell you why I am happy about the "normal" police state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How many times have they laughed at us? How many times have they mocked? And now they get what they deserve. Forgiveness should be reserved for those who actually admit their mistakes and come onto the side of truth, and we should have open arms and compassion for those who wish to join us, but if not, then we should not mourn their suffering, for they are victims of their own ignorance. If you tell a child to not touch fire, you do so out of loving compassion, and when they run into your arms after they burn themselves, you forgive them for not listening to you, but if they are so determined to touch fire, even overpowering you in order to get to it, the only thing you can do is let them get burned. We should let the ignorant people get burned by the police state as punishment for not listening to us. We should welcome them to our side, encourage them, perhaps even force them over to our side the way a parent uses force to protect a child from running into the streets, but when our loving-force is overcome by their hatred-force then all we have left to do is watch them get burned and then be prepared to tell them "we told you so" and allow them a second chance to come onto our side. That is how forgiveness should operate, but at no time should we become unhappy because of their ignorance. That is why I believe we should forgive those who are ignorant, but also be happy when they are punished, because that is the corrective method that will hopefully make them less ignorant. The more punishment, the larger the chance they will correct their attitude.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Okay... But tell us how you really feel.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brentnauer
Okay... But tell us how you really feel.

Second line.

I am truly missing something with your post. Elaborate please.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
How many times have they laughed at us? How many times have they mocked? And now they get what they deserve.

Who are these "us" that you speak of?

Am I one of "us"? Or one of "them"?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Originally posted by filosophia
How many times have they laughed at us? How many times have they mocked? And now they get what they deserve.

Who are these "us" that you speak of?

Am I one of "us"? Or one of "them"?

I checked out your profile, you have two threads, one in which Goldman Sachs shorted Gulf of Mexico, and one in which you talk about the injustice of giving a 12 year old girl a criminal record for doodling on a desk, so I'd say you are one of us.

Did you need me to tell this to you or were you just curious?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Look at that, he has checked your profile and deemed that you are on his side.

Aren't you glad that you have his approval?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
so is punishment the key to solving the offenses committed by people?
if i understand this right punishment is the way to teach people to behave?
the more punishment the more likely we are to conform to a certain standard?

i believe the key is understanding the reason WHY people commit offenses towards other people.
i believe in understanding, and not punishment.
if you can find the root of the problem then destroy the root and the problem does not exist.
understand why the murderer kills, and treat the root of the offense. the hard part is finding the root.

the root to humanities problems runs very deep, and only few people discover it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by CaptChaos

Look at that, he has checked your profile and deemed that you are on his side.

Aren't you glad that you have his approval?

He asked, so I gave him my honest opinion. This thread is not about me deciding who is "us" and who is "them" but rather why we should not let our happiness be infringed just because of a little tyranny. A man is not happy if he has not faced true adversity.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayremoe
so is punishment the key to solving the offenses committed by people?
if i understand this right punishment is the way to teach people to behave?
the more punishment the more likely we are to conform to a certain standard?

i believe the key is understanding the reason WHY people commit offenses towards other people.
i believe in understanding, and not punishment.
if you can find the root of the problem then destroy the root and the problem does not exist.
understand why the murderer kills, and treat the root of the offense. the hard part is finding the root.

the root to humanities problems runs very deep, and only few people discover it.

Perhaps you misread me. I am in no way advocating police punishment, I'm more of an anarchist but I'll compromise and side with limited government supporters like Ron Paul. Police punishment is obviously futile, as it does the opposite of what it intends (see: prohibition).

The point is that these "offenses" committed by people are not offenses at all (how is a 95 year old lady wearing an adult diaper an "offense" to anyone?). The point of issue here is that tyranny exists, and when people ignore it, they suffer a just punishment because of their ignorance, and the punishment will correct them to the proper path by showing them the true nature of our "protectors".

All misfortune is actually good fortune, because good fortune like wealth, prosperity, makes people weak and addicted to their false blessings, but misfortune is actually good because it strips people of all superfluous add-ons until they have their body and soul which is the only thing people need in this world, and the only thing that will make them truly happy.

Feel free to ask me any more questions if you are confused, I know it sounds contradictory, that's because people are used to calling wealth and material happiness as good fortune when it is actually imprisonment.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Your post applies to both sides, if there were actually only two sides. But there people who are forgiving across the entire spectrum. Even amongst those would disagree with.

But buy taking only one side may be indictive a shuttered mind, unwilling to see all sides of the story.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Your post applies to both sides, if there were actually only two sides. But there people who are forgiving across the entire spectrum. Even amongst those would disagree with.

But buy taking only one side may be indictive a shuttered mind, unwilling to see all sides of the story.

Not really sure what you mean. If the police were more forgiving maybe they would not be tasering people. I'm taking the side of personal happiness, in that everyone desires personal happiness, it's not about us or them it's about your own happiness which can only be found through wisdom and knowledge and not material possessions.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying. Enough people will not change till they feel enough pain. The only problem is the rest of us most often suffer that pain from the police state as long as it is in existence and preying on the people. Hopefully it won;t get too bad before enough wake up. But we will definitely have to go through some fire to move forward to more freedom and peace.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Just like any part of society, there are good and bad. I know plenty of honorable people, some of whom are Police Officers and Soldiers. I also a few dishonorable people, some of whom are Police Officers and Soldiers.

When I was in the service, I did what it took to kick out the Soldiers who behaved dishonorably, or showed immoral behavior.

My buddy who is a LEO has turned in two of his fellow Cops because they were turning a blind eye to certain criminal activity and profiting off of it. His fellow LEOs stand by him too.

Some people deserve to be tasered or maced, and some don’t. It’s better than being shot wouldn’t you think?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Some people deserve to be tasered or maced, and some don’t. It’s better than being shot wouldn’t you think?

Yes, the people who deserve to be tasered are the cops that taser old people. Other than that I don't really see a reason as to why people should get tasered. But even then that is going over-board, a bit too much of an eye for an eye, the better method is to just fire those police officers. However, when they are not fired, the anger will build and they will receive a punishment far worse than tasering. Most of the time it will come from themselves due to the guilt they induce upon themselves, much like how soldiers survive a battle with the taliban but then take their own life through suicide.
edit on 27-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Please don't get me wrong as I am definitely not a fan of anybody who abuses their power. Tazing an old lady is taking it to far IMO and the LEO that did that needs to be disciplined at a minimum.

Put him on the desk for the rest of his career. Cops absolutely hate paperwork.

I guarantee that he'll remove himself from the force within the year.

I just ask that such a broad brush not be used. Target the bad ones, not all.

top topics

join