It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korean children begging, army starving: exclusive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

N Korean children begging, army starving: exclusive

www.abc.net.au

Footage shot inside North Korea and obtained by the ABC has revealed the extent of chronic food shortages and malnutrition inside the secretive state.

The video is some of the most revealing footage ever smuggled out of the impoverished North Korean state.

Shot over several months by an undercover North Korean journalist, the harrowing footage shows images of filthy, homeless and orphaned children begging for food and soldiers demanding bribes.

The footage also shows North Koreans labouring on a private railway track for the dictator's son and heir near the capital Pyongyang.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
North Koreans have the worst life I can imagine. The leader has the people so poor and weak, that a revolution is impossible. How can the people of this planet sit by and let an entire people starve and die?

This is the point where China needs to do something. I don't know what, but something!

www.abc.net.au

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

North Koreans have the worst life I can imagine. The leader has the people so poor and weak, that a revolution is impossible. How can the people of this planet sit by and let an entire people starve and die?

This is the point where China needs to do something. I don't know what, but something!

www.abc.net.au

Yeah, the drought must be the leaders fault, US officially being at war with N-Korea must be the leader's fault.

Sure, the sanctions must also be the leaders fault.

N-Korea keeps calling for a peace treaty, but who keeps rejecting.

US is probably angry because the economic zone is being built as we speak, between the N and China. That would help N-Korea a bit, but it all depends on US which is being a hostile in the region.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Tell the 50,000 North Korean citizens in "re-education camps" that the US is to blame. Kim Jong Il has brought the sanctions on his people. He is a delusional little man, that should be assassinated!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

I starred and flagged this, but wouldn't have if I'd read the assassinated bit, on the last post. This issue is very important, and people don't try in groups to stop this due to lack of real information. The Phillipines is also very bad, and isolated, a black op mafia run system. And if you think the US doesnt like it this way................!!!!

These are their special black ops corners, they can get away with anything there, and they do. Absolute abuse of the people and the political sanctions, disagreements are only on the surface.

And YES, we need to wake people up and change this.

We're inheriting this ourselves. The things today are occurring due to yesterdays frequency match, and tomorrow will occur due to today's.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Tell the 50,000 North Korean citizens in "re-education camps" that the US is to blame. Kim Jong Il has brought the sanctions on his people. He is a delusional little man, that should be assassinated!

All American enemies are delusional, don't you think that is a coincidence, that maybe the media wants you to think that way, maybe they are injecting something in your brain, to make you think that way? Qaddafi is delusional, Ahmadinejad is delusional, Chavez is delusional, Castro is the biggest delusional, Osama was just plain crazy and a psychopath...

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Even if food was shipped to N Korea,the
people who really need the food wouldn't
get it.

Sort of off topic...
A couple of years ago I watched a documentary
about a girls' orphanage in iraq.Food,blankets,
and other supplies were donated to this orphanage,
the children never got to use them.The military
would pick up the items after the film crew left.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Oh no, he is not worth talking about, because NATO is busy right now, please leave your name and number and the next available operator will be there to assist you. Beep!

Starving children? Oh sorry, Gadhafi's head is what the world wants, saving the people from his dreadful regime!

What a stupid world we live in!
I hate our World Leaders they are committing crimes against the innocent and they turn a blind eye to those who are truly wicked and twisted!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Yes, most of it funds corruption, some of it funds mercenaries and paramilitary, and some of it funds the ceo's big bank accounts in the charities themselves, for nonprofit doesn't mean that in reality.

From what I was told to actually change things, if its possible, and we should be focused on this nonstop, for nothing is more important, save for our loved ones here, and those in need around us, would be a process like this:

1.. more people wake up and realize. They also get upset, and feel outrage at the system, and phone in, write in, even talk in person, at their representatives offices. The first step most people in large numbers would do is attempt to make their hired employee managers do something.

2. when people begin to realize how corrupt even their own leaders are and the ones they trust ultimately on the news are truly full of it, then they themselves will start to act.

3. they will form groups local counsels and deal with problems locally, the homeless, make changes in land use so that donated lands could be used for multi family purposes and have homes that don't meet the building standards, ie. recycled, tenthomes/canvas, some are very beautiful, YURTS, etc, and work out energy devices, plant gardens, monitor, volunteer, find out who is need of medication, who is hard core, and who the familes are, because homeless individuals are different, and you'd want to have different types of setups, some much like ordinary neighborhoods, some more like group homes, with some volunteers as they're not likely to be noramalized.

They would see the same steps for this, as a survalist would, and then realize these same steps could be done overseas. The third world need the same land, seeds, water, energy, and self sufficiency, we're in the same boat so to speak.

And regions could adopt other regions, without middle men, interface on comptuters, find citizens to do work with you, and travel back and forth, put in the effort.

I imagine it would be meet with great danger and resistance.

In the Phillipines, being an activist is very dangerous occupation. I imagine the same could be said for North Korea.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

All American enemies are delusional, don't you think that is a coincidence, that maybe the media wants you to think that way, maybe they are injecting something in your brain, to make you think that way? Qaddafi is delusional, Ahmadinejad is delusional, Chavez is delusional, Castro is the biggest delusional, Osama was just plain crazy and a psychopath...

What do you think?

Really?? Generalize much??

I chose delusional for a reason.. I didnt say evil... or terrorist... I said Delusional, and meant it!

Qaddafi - Not delusional a little hard handed but not delusional ( even with his eccentric clothing)
Ahmadinejad - Brilliant man.... Over Dramatic sometimes but not delusional.
Chavez - Great leader
Castro - so, so ... with a Sneaky hidden agenda
Osama - Not Delusional
Kim Jong Il - Delusional

Since your post was hogwash at best, try again, this time use facts and not incorrect opinions.
Also, since I didn't make any assumptions about your thoughts and or opinions, I'd appreciate you do the same.

Another little note.... Don't be so small minded to say something like "Well most americans think they are all delusional, from the "MSM" spoon feeding mindless Americans."

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Then tell us why he is delusional Mr. Einstein. And I want to hear something real, not something out of an American James Bond story.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Delusional

In preparation for the World Festival of Youth and Students in 1989, Kim Jong Il had disabled residents removed from Pyongyang. The government also distributed pamphlets advertising a wonder drug that would increase the height of short people. Those who responded to the pamphlets were sent away to different uninhabited islands along with the disabled in an attempt to rid the next generation of their supposedly substandard genes.

No, he isn't delusional.... The US MSM must have something to do with this... If not, Israel is surely to blame.. Damn US/MSM/TPTB/ZIONIST/CIA manipulation.

Since any American influences have long since been banned in his tiny communist country, Kim Jong Il had no choice but to create some new non-Western food by himself. North Korean newspaper Minju Joson reported that Kim Jong Il invented a new sandwich called “double bread with meat” in an attempt to provide “quality” food to university students. He then built a plant capable of mass hamburger production to feed his students and teachers, despite the fact that the majority of his citizens battle famine on a daily basis.

Take that McDonald's, Kim Jong invented the "Double Bread With meat" -- That approach is logical.

In 1994, it was reported by Pyongyang media outlets that Kim Jong Il shot 38 under par on a regulation 18-hole golf course – including 5 holes in one! That score is 25 shots better than the best round in history, and is made even more amazing by the fact that it was his first time playing the sport. It’s said Kim Jong Il would routinely sink 3 or 4 holes in one per round of golf, and – lucky for the PGA – he has since given it up.

Delusional!

How in the world you drug the US Govt. into this discussion, is beyond me.... But I am sure you could crow bar in Israel/Zionists if you really tried.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

He planned to solve his countries hunger problem with ...... wait for it...... by "breeding giant rabbits"

So Kim gets in touch with 68-year-old Karl Szmolinsky of Berlin, the world's foremost breeder of giant rabbits, and says he wants Szmolinsky to come to Pyongyang and set up a farm to breed these rabbits. For Kim believes that the meat yielded by these rabbits will end his people's starvation.

He had 2 film makers kidnapped to remake Godzilla for him.... Any more questions?

OH YEAH, forgot he had his childhood school blown up because.... wait for it..... Because "regular kids" were now attending and he thought that this would not give his own children the advantage...

Clearly he is a stable leader.

edit on 6/27/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

www.abc.net.au

it is not any of chinas affairs nor ours... let people sort themselves out. Ofc we could always do what is being done in libya and bomb them. It is sad i know, but really it is not our place..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

listverse.com...

That's your source

Sorry don't want to be rude, but you are gonna have to do a little better than that. I said no James Bond movies crap.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd4dda7e0700.jpg[/atsimg]

There is no famine in USA by the way.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Prove ONE single thing I said wrong.. or shut up.. I used that site because it was first on a LONG list of sources.. Prove ONE SINGLE thing I said wrong.. You can't! Your attempting to manipulate the conversation now, simply because you are grasping for straws now..

I'm not your lap dog.. I don't jump for treats.. What I said is a proven fact.. Now prove me wrong or shut up and move on.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

If China and the US minded our own business with regards to NK... Millions would starve!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That source you provided has no source in it, it doesn't say who reported what, how was the report obtained, where did they get the information from etc etc..

Once again, to me it sounds like a James Bond Story. Did you know I can post some facts which will make you think US is much more delusional than N-Korea.

For example I heard once that US has plans to invade every country in this world, this is a precautionary measure. Delusional?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Maybe you should use the "power of belief" to prove me wrong, or feed the starving Nk population.. That would be rational and logical... I can't even begin to take you seriously.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So its the USA's fault he lets his people starve to death?

Maybe this might have something to do with it.

North Korea is the most militarized country in the world today,[6] having the fourth largest army in the world, at about 1,106,000 armed personnel, with about 20% of men ages 17–54 in the regular armed forces.[7] Military service of up to 10 years is mandatory for most males. It also has a reserve force comprising 8,200,000 personnel. It operates an enormous network of military facilities scattered around the country, a large weapons production basis, a dense air defense system, the third largest chemical weapons stockpile in the world,[8] and includes the world's largest Special Forces contingent (numbering 180,000 men).[9] While the aging equipment,[10] deriving from the economic plight of the country, is seen as major defect of the North Korean military capability, it is nevertheless regarded as a significant threat due to its size and proximity to major civilian areas.

Link

Dirt poor, but nonetheless the GREAT LEADER must have his army at any costs because the USA has been waiting to invade for 60 years now.

You want delusional, how about this.

In Pyongyang, state-run media lauded a national hero "praised by mankind as the most outstanding political elder and the peerlessly brilliant commander of the present era."

Link

The real delusion here is that someone can actualy believe the NK regime is not delusional.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join