Even Army struggling for food in North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Even Army struggling for food in North Korea

www.abc.net.au

Every now and again the West gets a glimpse of what's really going on in North Korea, and the most recent footage shot over several months, shows images of filthy, homeless and orphaned children begging for food, soldiers demanding bribes, and people forced to build a railway for the dictator's son.
The ABC has obtained some of the most revealing footage to be smuggled out of the secretive and impoverished North Korean state.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtontimes.com
www.nktoday.com

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is amazing news in many ways. Although it has been known for a long time that millions of the Nth Korean citizens are starving, now it seems Nth Korea cannot even afford to feed it's armies or military personnel.

Considering the importance Nth Korea places on it's military might this is quite amazing and may lead to possible revolution within the country if this food crisis goes on for too long.

www.abc.net.au

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

This is amazing news in many ways. Although it has been known for a long time that millions of the Nth Korean citizens are starving, now it seems Nth Korea cannot even afford to feed it's armies or military personnel.

Considering the importance Nth Korea places on it's military might this is quite amazing and may lead to possible revolution within the country if this food crisis goes on for too long.

www.abc.net.au

Now I'm surprised at this, they have 50-11 million nukes but can't feed their own people !? Pathetic actually, I am shaking my head.I wouldn't doubt most of the money is going into the dictator's pocket.....poor folks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I also just wanted to add a further post about North Korea and what the lifestyle is like in that country for both citizens and the rare few tourist's that venture there each year -

Have you ever looked at North korean streets and cities on Google Earth, they are completly empty! The only people allowed to drive are government workers or military.....

People risk their lives everyday trying to cross the boarder to China and many people and children are starving to death every year.

It's a whole other world over there and i feel sorry for the citizens that are basically brain-washed.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

If you're interested in how North Korea is for tourists, I suggest watching the Vice Guide to North Korea it's pretty interesting.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

S&F for you Sir. I added you as a friend because I like your posts and the comments I've seen from you on other threads I've been on are a rarity in this Internet age. Both well thought out and reasoned. Kudos Sir.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Why don't we swap them 1 fishing boat for each tank?

For a country with Ocean access they sure are stupid for starving.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Yes!!

Thank you so much for sharing that, that was the doco i was looking for when i posted the video post but i could not find it again on youtube.

I watched this a couple years ago and it blew me away that it was such a strict culture.

I will post part 1 0f 3 from youtube -

Thanks again, i was looking for that very clip when i read your reply
- full credit to you for the above clip

edit on 27-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have a feeling I read something a while ago that said the fishing around Korea wasn't that great anymore, because the Chinese super-fleets had hoovered everything up and moved on.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am firmly in the anti-war camp. Mainly because in America's history there have been only 3 wars that were justifiable, and only 1 that was necessary. The rest that we have been involved in have been mass murder for hire. But I would be fully behind a shock and awe campaign against North Korea. Yes, civilians would be among the casualties. I understand this, and hate myself for being able to accept it. But it's past time to depose and eradicate the entire Kim family.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How about we stop believing the usual neo-con propaganda and let other countries solve their own problems?
edit on 27-6-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Do you really think the Nth Korean government or regime can actually handle it's own problems without help - which they wont accept....

Spare a thought for all the poor people of that country that could almost be classed as slaves for the state.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Makes you wonder how much longer this can go on without that idiot starting a war just to get the soldiers minds off their emtpy bellies

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by adeclerk

Thanks for educating me with the links to the videos. I had only seen one show on North Kirea before...if I recall correctly it was about an eye doctor giving people eye surgery, either to correct their vision, or remove cataracts, or both. And the people were in tears with joy over the gift from their leader of giving them sight, and it was pretty clear they were genuine.

And they also seemed to genuinely miss their leader who died in 1994. What I haven't seen in these videos so far is anything about Kim Jong Il's successor.

That was pretty funny when they told the Japanese botanist about the carving in the tree made 50 years ago, when the botanist replied that it wasn't possible because the tree wasn't even there 50 years ago...how embarassing! He's lucky they just shut down the tree exhibit rather than have a Japanese botanist mysteriously disappear.

And the vice guide guy getting to watch the 120,000 performer show from Kim Jong Il's seat, that was amazing. It was like a giant human powered video screen, but no electricity! And they spared no expense on costumes even while people are starving in the countryside.

You have to wonder if any of the people other than the propaganda writers really have a clue what is going on and how the rest of the world sees them. With no electricity and complete control of the people including tight borders and snipers firing at people trying to escape, the people there probably believe a lot of the propaganda they're told. It's both amazing and apalling at the same time.

Have you ever looked at North korean streets and cities on Google Earth, they are completly empty! The only people allowed to drive are government workers or military.....
no but I saw the first viceo you posted with the woman traffic cop directing traffic, and there wasn't any! What a job!

And they vice guide woman running the tea shop...they claim she hadn't had a customer in 6 months....those seem like pretty boring jobs, not to mention unproductive. It's really such a bizarre, topsy-turvy world. they talk about reunification, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen anytime soon.

[It's a whole other world over there and i feel sorry for the citizens that are basically brain-washed.
Same here. I also felt sorry for the people cooking tree bark and dirt to have something to put in their stomachs since they didn't have any food.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Do you really think the Nth Korean government or regime can actually handle it's own problems without help - which they wont accept....

Spare a thought for all the poor people of that country that could almost be classed as slaves for the state.

You're spot on.

Especially since a news story just today sais North Korea has cancelled college classes (all of them in the country) until April 2012.

The government is forcing everyone to work on what the news story calls "construction projects" throughout North korea. North Korea has construction projects? That's new to me.

As if there is any inkling of a reason to defend a communist dictatorship run by a psychotic deviant who lives to wallow in his own self-produced reflection of what he percieves as glory.

Now the NK leadership is forcing everyone out of college because they're supposedly afraid college students will start an uprising like we've seen in other Middle Eastern countries.

NK has also increased "police" presence in cities and towns throughout the country.

In 2000, I was fortunate enough to travel to the 38th parallel and see first-hand what the border was like while I was in the Air Force.

The North Koreans are so psychotic they actually have an empty city right on the border. They have loudspeakers the size of 3 story houses all along the border and sometimes they'll blare out propoganda all night long, saying stuff like "Our country is better than yours, come join us we have an empty city awaiting your arrival".

I am one of the very few people who have actually walked on the North Korean side of the demarcation line within the building they have meetings and sign treaties in.

The entire ordeal was absolutely bizarre! The entire time we were there, North Koreans were taking photos and videos of us walking around in Air Force blues for future use in making fresh propogranda films.

The South korean security forces that moniter the border in shifts carry ball bearings in their pockets so that when they're walking around and can't be seen visually it sounds like 30 guys instead of one.

Then you have the fact that Kim Jong Il is so far gone that he does stuff like kidnap movie producers to make godzilla style films for him. Once he had dental surgery and forced others to take pain injections so that if he became addicted he wouldn't have to be addicted alone.

The North Korean people and children are the ones that truly suffer from their self-proclaimed leader's own mental illness.

I was given a briefing in the U.S. military in which they said 80% of children in North Korea under the age of 11 were malnurished. Not much point in spending billions on propaganda if you're citizens are dead or demoralized to the point of not caring.

These people's stories will never be heard and they will live and die within the paranoid walls of Kim Jong Il's paranoid mind.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I heard some chatter today that Kim shut down the University system in North Korea (today or yesterday?). The students will all be forced to do corvee labor. Speculation is that the regeme has particular fear of a student revolt for some reason. Sorry no link. Maybe somebody can confirm this....?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think we should BOMB North Korea. Bomb them with food parcels. Show them the rest of the world cares. It might encourage them to overthrow their dictator.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yeah that's a good idea! Air-drop a huge amount of MRE's and include in evey one of them a little note from the American people saying, "Look, this guy Kim is a loser! if you shuffle over to this place, and kick his ass, we'll set you up with some really decent grub, get ya some good middle class jobs, and help ya get back together with all you cousins down South!". That just might work!, but China would never let it happen. If you want to know why Kim can get away with what he's doing, look to China! China will do whatever it can to keep from seeing a unified Korea in it's economic/geopolitical sphere!. But it would be a great way to give the Chinese government a huge PR smack down ! ! ! !

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

How can he? He lives in San Diego. For those that don't know, San Diego is one of the nicer So Cal cities.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I heard some chatter today that Kim shut down the University system in North Korea (today or yesterday?). The students will all be forced to do corvee labor. Speculation is that the regeme has particular fear of a student revolt for some reason. Sorry no link. Maybe somebody can confirm this....?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join