It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything new on John Titor?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

For years I've read the Titor stuff and thought it sounded like some cool sci fi but I never knew how to pronounce it. Is it "tie-tor" or "tee-tor"?

I usually say "tee-tor" though English is not my first language, it's reptilian.

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
man o man, the millerites have nothing on the titorites

1. Your insinuating Christ's Second Coming and the Second Civil War?
2. Maybe you mean Titor is a Sabbath keeper, connecting the Millerites who founded the Seventh-day Adventist Church?

Let see here if I got this right.

1. Christ's Second Coming was David Koresh.... check
2. Second Civil War starts with Waco type of events.... check

edit on 19-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hey, like you I'm absolutely fascinated by this John Titor thing. I only found out about it about a week ago. I think I've probably seen all the videos on youtube by now haha. I'm pretty suspicious of the whole thing and then found this video this morning when I was supposed to be working lol. Anybody else seen this and know if it's a fake? This guy claims he's the real John Titor and he orchestrated the whole thing as a hoax:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMalacoda

Yeah Titor was bunk. He didn't even actually predict anything.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i think this guy is only a regular dude with alot of imagination, he could probably become a good fictional writer, maybe he already is an author and this all thing about time traveling is only a idea to a futur book or film

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There's a crossword here that apparently has some clues...

www.electronicsunset.org...

Found in the coat pocket of a dead time-traveller.
edit on 18-2-2012 by requestanonymous because: forgot to add info

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm probably one of John Titors biggest fans. But more so the symbol John was than whether or not he actually traveled through time. What i dont understand though is with ALL of the information that is out there and the legacy behind the faxes, posts, and websites that anyone can realistically say with 100% without a doubt proof that he WASN'T a time traveler. Other than the fact that the words John Titor and Hoax have now become synonymous no one actually cares to look into any further. I'm not 100% convinced he was a time traveler but that doesnt mean he wasn't. Pictures are nothing but context, and we presume to know everything behind the meaning and exactly what was happening in each photo shown. And he 'predicted' things that didnt 'come true'.. take a look back at the entire posts and see what things have correlated with what he said. Take a look at how incredibly smart the poster (or posters if you believe that) were from start to finish. Take a look at the transcribed faxes from 2001 and the audio clips on youtube from 1998. Take a look at how many poeple wished they were John Titor and claimed they were or knew of him from the future. Look at his demeaner during the entirety of his posts. Obviously theres some merit here or there wouldnt be so much contraversy with its validity.

Its a fascinating read regardless if any of it is true. But if you look into the small nuances of the story like the UNIX information and all the info he had in 2001 about the IBM 5100 and 'his future' mixed with the physics is just too complex for me to be a 'Ha ha Got you' type of person. Especially lasting as long as it did. But then again it would be this type of person to be thorough to really be a hoax.

Why is the Titor divergence website still operating?
Why was some of the information on the faxes omitted?
Why is there a patent for the Gravity Distortion Device (Who would go through all that trouble)
Why did he make obvious references to Alas Babylon, was it a joke to him because his future was so close to the book?
The entirety of his existance is based on having recorded information of his posts in our worldline. For what reasons?
Did he have anything to do with the Y2K non-event?
When he went back to 1975 did he save us from it as being "Not a problem" in 2000?
The skyscrapper next to the favorite store of his that was missing in new york....was that a warning or just an observation by the future traveler?
Is the random cases of mystery diagnoses cases of vcjd?
Why did he know about the war in iraq 2 years before it happened?
Did he lie to protect us or for another alterior motive?
Was he lying to 'prove' he wasnt a time traveler for long term reasons?
How much proof is necessary before you believe a time traveler who alters time by showing up in it.
What makes any of us believe we know everything there is to know about space and time in our current demension?

But then again it could all be a hoax...if it is, what does it really change. Other than a distinct imprint of human nature and social implications.

If it isnt, Just imagine the possibilities

I ask anyone to do their best to convince me otherwise but as of right now i'm leaning towards the John Titor story as the story of a true time traveler. I'm open to the possibility that it isnt true though...but it will take more than "Look he said the olympics wont happen in 2004"

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Let's just take the example of where Titor mentions "A skyscraper missing in New York." Notice the singular??
Yet, we are missing TWO skyscraper in New York...both WTC1 and 2...also WTC7, so, technically, THREE!!
Is is possible this was NOT a reference to 9/11...but maybe a reference to the building they are planning in PLACE OF the WTC, and he could be referring to a future event that has YET to be fulfilled?

Unless I am mistaken, WTC is to be replaced by a SINGLE skyscraper, that is 1,776 feet tall? ONE skyscraper!!

Perhaps THIS one gets attacked later? and that THIS is the "A skyscraper missing in New York" that he's referring to, and NOT 9/11?

After all, if he really WAS from 2036...this building would have been built by then, and conceivably could get attacked and brought down again by that time. Possible, do you suppose...that this reference of Titor's speaks of an event YET TO HAPPEN...and we are misinterpreting it to refer to 9/11, when, in fact, it may refer to an entirely different event?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Let's just take the example of where Titor mentions "A skyscraper missing in New York." Notice the singular??
Yet, we are missing TWO skyscraper in New York...both WTC1 and 2...also WTC7, so, technically, THREE!!
Is is possible this was NOT a reference to 9/11...but maybe a reference to the building they are planning in PLACE OF the WTC, and he could be referring to a future event that has YET to be fulfilled?

Unless I am mistaken, WTC is to be replaced by a SINGLE skyscraper, that is 1,776 feet tall? ONE skyscraper!!

Perhaps THIS one gets attacked later? and that THIS is the "A skyscraper missing in New York" that he's referring to, and NOT 9/11?

After all, if he really WAS from 2036...this building would have been built by then, and conceivably could get attacked and brought down again by that time. Possible, do you suppose...that this reference of Titor's speaks of an event YET TO HAPPEN...and we are misinterpreting it to refer to 9/11, when, in fact, it may refer to an entirely different event?

Yes i totally agree with you, it is possible it is a completely different observation alltogether. Also if you take the towers that were hit and add the one that was erected there also leaves one missing 'in time'. But this is also coming from someone who lived through a civil war and a WW3 which we havent encountered ...yet. So this could be a simple stretch of the imagination. However it does prove to be interesting to say those specific words in the fax.

My main point of the post was to look at the posts and everything from a different perspective rather than seeing everything as black or white, one or zero. I dont descredit the information as much as i cling to one explaination the way i've seen most people who post here do. The most of us see one explaination that makes sense to them in some way and they succumb to it with a cement brick attached to their leg. I'm trying to put John Titor in a different light for those who see "JOHN TITOR DEFINITE HOAX" all over the internet and just pass it over without looking into it.

Thankyou for replying though i like your thoughts

With your other question pertaining to the future event. I think its very possible that could be the case. Being that John alsmost ritualistically noted his disdain for our ignorance and its cure being destruction and war i wouldnt doubt the vagueness as being a warning. But to who? Is he warning someone specifically or just in general? Or was that passage just a code for other Johns. I think its interesting to get opinions on subjects like these so theres something i may not see before
edit on 26-2-2012 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: astheru

Did anyone ever see this link for A Soldier's Winter? It's got a 2005 time stamp on it

www.pinterest.ca...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: curious7

Tee-tor. Just don’t called him Tay-tor.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join