It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything new on John Titor?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The subject explains it all really.

I have been fascinated with all things John Titor and have heard there is a book about him and supposedly a movie (this is old news of course) and since I haven't really heard anything in the past year or so I'm just curious if in fact I missed anything and wanted to get your view on the subject and if anything new has been heard.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xandyr101

I havent heard of anything new, but he was always an interesting story.... i was never 100% convinced wither way but it was still very intriguing

Have you perused the johntitor.com site of late??

There was a recent Coast to Coast ep that covered John on Monday, April 4, 2011 - 1AM EST/10PM PST -

Patent Application US20060073976 was filed for a Method of Gravity Distortion and Time Displacement. The filing date is listed at October 1, 2004 by Marlin B. Pohlman of Tulsa, Oklahoma. The application includes the identical images posted by John Titor online, as well as the time travel theory he discussed.

The above content is from the main site posted above and i think you can listen to Coast 2 Coast show as well.

As i said i don't buy it totally but it is still an interesting story either way

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think every day that passes is new news on john titor. Every second that goes by seems to be putting us closer and closer to the type of world and eviorment that he described.

For those that are not familiar with John Titor, look it up. Regardless of what you beleive, let it expand your mind. Unfortunately, the man was 100% serious, and this was not a joke.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sorta, the Fighting Diamondbacks Militia he mentioned seems to be real -

www.theufoinquirer.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Awesome thanks. I knew about the website but last time I had checked it out there had been nothing new posted. I didn't know about the Coast to Coast episode. Thankfully I'm a Streamlink member and will have to download the episode and listen to it.

I can't say I am 100% convinced either but I'm very open minded and like to get all the knowledge I can on subjects I am interested in like this one.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I was fascinated by it when I was a teenager. Now I think he's an ass hat. Most of the predictions he made didn't come through, his understanding of physics has been totally debunked and there's not a shred of evidence to support him. I'm more intrigued by that Hidden Hand guy if any of the conspiracy guys are genuine I'd put my money on him.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
John Titor requires more faith than Jesus.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

There probably is some new info, check the hoax bin.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Once again... quoted from link above ( www.theufoinquirer.com... ) pics in link

John Titor's Fighting Diamondbacks Militia Is Real
Titor claimed that at the age of 13, in 2011, he joined the Florida Fighting Diamondbacks Militia. At the time he wrote this, there was no Florida Fighting Diamondbacks Militia. The term "fighting diamondbacks" has been used here and there to refer to grassroots militant organizations, but other than that it's rarely used, and never in context of Florida, and never with term "militia" after it. Well, until 2010.

Could this be John Titor, or a friend of his?
In 2010, a mention of the Fighting Diamondbacks Militia, based in Texas and/or Florida, popped up on the Internet. A photographer documented the group, consisting of adults and kids of all ages essentially preparing for the next civil war. Anyways, this looks to be another crazy weird and obscure John Titor prediction. I emailed the photographer in an attempt to get more info about the group, but he did not get back to me.

This page has been cached since 2010, but folks are only starting to discover it. This just adds more weirdness to the table - this is not being used by johntitor.com to promote John Titor, and it almost seems like it's showing up on the Internet on accident (pretty sure the diamondbacks are an anonymous group).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Just read mr Titors predictions and he is 100% fraud sorry

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Care to expand on why you think this?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
One of the biggest flaws in his story is that he needs an old unix computer to debug the computers in the future.. This does not make sense at all.
Have hackers disappeared in the future?

It's pretty clear in most of his predictions that he is making stuff up

Also he says he sold his car when he got here which is also his time machine
Lol why would he do that if he expects ti go back to 2036

edit on 27-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Perhaps microsoft has since been wiped out.... Unix or Linix are the likely competitors of Microsoft if it ever went under or was wiped out, do you think Microsoft will last forever?

Did you consider that?

Perhaps the 'time machine' itself didnt relate to a specific car and could be portable, maybe in his time he purchased and restored a 'vintage' car that fitted in with this time but his machine could be moved with ease to other modes of transport etc....

Think outside the box friend.

Whether or not this is fiction it would make for a great sci-fi movie or series

edit on 27-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Still a bad hoax just like it was when it started.
You got anything new?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by mb2591

Perhaps microsoft has since been wiped out.... Unix or Linix are the likely competitors of Microsoft if it ever went under or was wiped out, do you think Microsoft will last forever?

Did you consider that?

Perhaps the 'time machine' itself didnt relate to a specific car and could be portable, maybe in his time he purchased and restored a 'vintage' car that fitted in with this time but his machine could be moved with ease to other modes of transport etc....

Think outside the box friend.

Whether or not this is fiction it would make for a great sci-fi movie or series

Yes I did consider that but unix/Linux has always been open source so there wouldn't be a need to go back in time to get a computer to read and open and edit this software. Especially not all the way back to 1975 :/

Oh and have you seen his cutout design for his time machine? It is deff not portable or his time machine itself? Ya know the one with the monitors taped together and a hose coming down and large boxes that look like computers.

Or how bout the civil war that were supposed to be in right now that started in 2004 lol or 2008.

He has some good warnings but he's just a smart prankster.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

There maybe something we are missing about the story, if someone was trying fool people they wouldn't come up with a part of the story that was so easily debunked.

Unless the person behind was just a terrible lier...

Anyways this topic doesnt get s anywhere so i'm out peeps.... enjoy the conversation. When JT comes back let me know

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

It is way more simple than that. He claims that when he time travels, he creates a new timeline when he lands. So the moment he gets to his place back in time, he starts traveling on a new timeline. From there he can only go back in time and start another timeline, or move forward on his current timeline. According to him, he could never get back to his original timeline though. So...they people spent all this time and money to send him back in time to get something their own science said he could never actually return with and you would think that part would be important. Case closed on Titor's own explanation.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think it was a GREAT story by Titor... he covered all his tracks, because he could never return to a specific timeline, just one nearly identical to it. So that means whatever predictions he had didn't need to come true in our timelines. Hard to have holes in a story like that one. : )

There are some odd coincidences and things, like the Fighting Diamond Backs Militia (read above) that still pique my interest...

Considering that time travel is theoretically possible, and considering that his style of time travel could have also been possible (I think it's a bit silly for us to try to debunk something like that, it's out of our realm of real understanding)... that's what keeps me interested.

If you accept in your head that time travel is possible, you have to accept that it's possible someone could travel back in time and bring that news with them. It seems like John Titor fit that bill pretty well, hoax or not. Def not a BAD hoax, that's for sure!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiraciesarenttheories

Maybe the group was started by someone who read his "predictions" to try and make something he said come true?

That's what I'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiraciesarenttheories
I think it was a GREAT story by Titor... he covered all his tracks, because he could never return to a specific timeline, just one nearly identical to it. So that means whatever predictions he had didn't need to come true in our timelines. Hard to have holes in a story like that one. : )

The plot of the story was that he was sent back in time to get something to bring back home where he started in his original timeline. Since you and I both get he also said he could never do that very thing he was sent to do. It kind of seems like he left some pretty big tracks uncovered. Who cares if none of what he said about the future would matter given what else he said and uh...what year it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join