It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix For "Flash Mob" Robberies. (or) What is going on with black teens???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The yougner generation of my race have serious issues. No need to sugar coat it, or anything. I'm not disowning, I love my race, but the younger generation have some DEEEEEEEEP rooted issues.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think you're wrong you must have skipped the ENTIRE first article where the things listed they stole were sandwiches and drinks...

My God, you really can lead a horse to water, but not make him drink.

ETA:

The teenage robbery mobs are at it again on North Michigan Avenue.
Some 50 young people barged into a Walgreens at Michigan and Chicago on the Magnificent Mile on Tuesday afternoon. They took bottled drinks and sandwiches off the shelves, then ran off, CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.

edit on 27-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: sp

edit on 27-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

Did you read the other locations and what is being targeted?

Chicago's Magnificent Mile has been targeted numerous times; Filene's Basement, The North Face and Express have all been robbed by these flash mobs, reports the Sun Times.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Chicago

Last week, four violent assaults and robberies occurred in Chicago’s upscale area of Streeterville. One man was dragged into the street and beaten by a group of 15 to 20 teenage males after a baseball was thrown so hard at his head that his motor-scooter helmet was knocked off. Another man was robbed of his cell phone and camera after being knocked off his bike and punched by a group of teenage males. Three teenagers were recently arrested due to their alleged involvement with these strings of flash mob robberies, four of which occurred within a 10-minute span.

And on June 9, Jesse Andersen, the 35-year-old brother of Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan, was punched in the face as his iPad and money were stolen by multiple perpetrators.

Washington, D.C.

On April 25, G Star Raw, workers at a retail store in Dupont Circle were caught off guard as a group of about 20 teenagers swarmed the store, stopping to look through sizes, taking over $20,000 worth of merchandise and promptly exiting the building. Store Manager Gregory Lennon told FoxNews.com that their staff has a heightened sense of awareness of customers who enter their store in large groups, but there is little they can do to protect themselves from another flab mob attack. D.C. was previously hit two weeks prior, when a store owner of a small T-shirt shop was pushed out of the way as she tried to protect her store from the 20 to 25 teenagers who robbed it.

Really, you really think they are simply doing this because they are so poor they cannot make a sandwhich and drink some water - at home???

You really think they NEED the high end clothing that is found in Georgetown, WDC (ever been there? - even I cant afford most of the retailers there!) or the clothing found at Express and the North Face?

They can afford cell phones and computers to organize these events, but gosh darn it, they cant afford a little sandwich to fill their poor empty bellies?

These are criminals after things they want and feel entitled to not need...

edit on June 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I agree with you. If they had robbed a payless for a pair of shoes, or a walmart for some jeans, MAYBE then MAYBE I'd say "economic situation inspired".. But this is the fault of a mixture of the $#it that passes for hip-hop, and those same deep rooted issues I keep bringing up.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Bravo! If I could give you applause points I would ma'm, my sentiments exactly!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Easy solution to this growing problem. Make it illegal for more than 3 minors to be together in public unless it's a government organized event (school, sports etc.)

I'm not even sure if I'm being sarcastic or not

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Easy solution to this growing problem. Make it illegal for more than 3 minors to be together in public unless it's a government organized event (school, sports etc.)

I'm not even sure if I'm being sarcastic or not
I'm afraid that, yes, we are at that point. Especially after the "Kill whitey" episode in Peoria.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just make it legal to shoot these thieves. I see no problem with that.

More reason we don't need a restriction on magazine capacity, you can't shoot down 30 thieves if you only have 10 in your mag.

Put a sign out front "ARMED guard, WILL shoot thieves" Problem solved, trash taken off the streets too.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

More reason we don't need a restriction on magazine capacity, you can't shoot down 30 thieves if you only have 10 in your mag.

Put a sign out front "ARMED guard, WILL shoot thieves" Problem solved, trash taken off the streets too.

Unless they leave the store are they thieves? Then it'll be too late to catch/shoot many of them...maybe they can make those shoplifting prevention tags with a little bit of C4 that detonate 10 meters from the store. just an idea

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Please don't start your racist little threads today. Tell me where are your black voter statistics. I want to see them. What would make you think the black vote could carry a Presidential election? Lets not be concerned with the fact that its a minority vote to begin with. How many black people out of the whole actual vote? If your in the demographic of the black male how many are eligible to even vote due to criminal records?

The President was elected by people of all races and creeds in colors. It's sad to see to the age old adage that if he has any black in him he is black. Last I checked he was half Caucasian, but that bubbly piece of negro in there just taints the whole batch.. But your not racist at all right?

How bout you just say youth in general cause , The story said it was a flash mob where are your statistics in the races of the mob that struck. Were they all black? You sure there was no Hispanic, maybe a white person here or there? What about the Pharmacy robberies on the rise most recent being a nice white gentlemen who strolled in to an NY Pharmacy and killed 4 people inside so he could get the prescription fix. But its just black youth who are screwed up.

The story said it was a flash mob where are your statistics in the races of the mob that struck.

What statistics? Did you dislike the picture of them heading into Sears? "youth in general?"
Seriously? That's just PC BS and makes no sense, we shouldn't need someone to analyze
everything we see and tell us what we are looking at.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

So you cant read either its says black voter statistics why would you ask what statistics?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Reminds me of all those Blacks and Hispanics on welfare who spend all their welfare money on iPhone 4s, top of the line Escalades complete with all the "bling", etc and then complain they have no food, they can't pay their rent, and so forth ...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Reminds me of all those Blacks and Hispanics on welfare who spend all their welfare money on iPhone 4s, top of the line Escalades complete with all the "bling", etc and then complain they have no food, they can't pay their rent, and so forth ...

Whoa! any proof for these claims? Links? Sources? Pictures? Videos?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

You have never seen this? Go to any heavily minority neighborhood or area where Section 8 housing is commonplace and you will see this. It's all toys and nothing that they really need. They got the latest gadget but their lawn hasent been mowed in 5 years.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
reply to post by Scoriada

You have never seen this? Go to any heavily minority neighborhood or area where Section 8 housing is commonplace and you will see this. It's all toys and nothing that they really need. They got the latest gadget but their lawn hasent been mowed in 5 years.
Wow, how do I negative star your posts?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
reply to post by KaiserSoze

So you cant read either its says black voter statistics why would you ask what statistics?

I guess I can't, I don't see any reference to "black voter statistics" in the following sentence of yours.
Why would "black voter statistics" have anything to do with the ethnic makeup of the mob anyway?
Or are you having trouble reading / comprehending what you wrote? There is a difference between
"voter" and "flash mob" participant.

The story said it was a flash mob where are your statistics in the races of the mob that struck?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

First of all they were all black 2nd of all the "white" gentleman was actually jewish which is not white caucasian. These flash mobs are happening allover the US usually with black youth robbing and attacking people. Now go fiddle your pc *** : )
edit on 27-6-2011 by Codered88 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

it is in Texas, if someone is robbing you car you can shoot them.

There were some dope fiends going around stealing copper, they started to steal off this guys work truck, he went out there and fired at them, and hit 2 of the 4, killing one instantly with a headshot.

No jail time, no charges, no wasted tax dollars.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

There were some dope fiends going around stealing copper, they started to steal off this guys work truck, he went out there and fired at them, and hit 2 of the 4, killing one instantly with a headshot.

Dang, harsh penalty for theft, DEATH. That guy appointed himslef judge, jury, and executioner. Not sure how I feel about this.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada

Originally posted by Lysergic

Dang, harsh penalty for theft, DEATH. That guy appointed himslef judge, jury, and executioner. Not sure how I feel about this.

Here's how I feel:

"f**k 'em"
That's what I loved about living in texas, common sense still exist in some of the laws. If you have the balls to treat MY stuff like it's YOURS, then you have the stomach to eat a bullet. Same with threatening my family, and my property...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The origin of the term "call a spade a spade" has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the difference between a spade ( a pointed tool for breaking up and removing material) and a shovel ( a flat ended tool used to move material).

The term started during construction of the railroads. A worker using a spade was supposed to be paid a little more because of the extra effort required to break up the ground. Some of the supervisors used to just list people who used spades as shovelers, to get out of paying them that bit extra. So when the supervisor filled out the pay sheets, he was told to "call a spade, a spade instead of a shovel".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join