It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T&C Issues are absurd on this subject matter...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Drugs,

We can openly talk about thousands and thousands of deaths from 9/11 to Libya on these boards, we can discuss lying, cheating and stealing, hacking government secrets, hacking corporate secrets, hacking public officials emails and messages... Basically we can discuss some pretty whacked out (not to mention illegal) topics and never have a problem... but one post about and it is an "extreme t&c violation".

This is not denying ignorance, it is promoting it. ATS staff is effectively hiding in a corner ignoring a large chunk of user base sobbing about not wanting to moderate a drug forum.

We cannot even discuss our own personal opinions on "the war on drugs" without being severely punished for it.

True Story: I received a warning and a point deduction for being against the war on drugs. I did not flaunt the use of drugs or condone usage, made no examples of usage, I simply made my comment that drugs are not a criminal issue but a medical one and that the war on drugs is useless, that money could be better spent elsewhere... I posted my link of a Canadian/Dutch study on the topic (supporting my view). Next thing I know... warning and points deduction, the person that agreed with me under my post... same punishment. The posts under ours either neutral or supporting a hard stance on drugs were (surprise surprise) left intact. Next page, more extreme T&C violations handed out (presumably from the same [ignorant?] mod) for a stance that was pro-drug.

I am officially calling ATS out to start some open discussion about changing their T&C to allow reasonable topics related to drugs and their impact of society as a whole. I have said it before and I will say it again, just because one plant/substance is illegal in one place doesn't make it illegal in another, who's "bad drug" list are we following on ATS? Do Mods just pick and choose at their discretion? If so I know 2 mods with A LOT of bias on this subject matter.

As an attorney with experience relating to drug cases I feel like I have a unique view to share with ATS about how government, law enforcement, media and the legal system work together to ACT ON THE PUBLIC'S IGNORANCE. But I cannot because ATS staff comes down hard when I try to deny ignorance about drugs... Just sayin'.

So ATS Staff... Why so quiet? SO how about you speak up? Can we discuss this or are YOU the staff going to allow ATS to REMAIN IGNORANT on this subject matter?

Questions to answer:

1. Which drugs are the "bad drugs" which cause T&C Violations? Are we using a list?
2. If so who made the list and why did they only include some drugs and not ALL drugs?
3. Why are we allowed to discuss the horrible aftermath of genocide and war crimes (in their full gory details WITH pictures in some cases), yet are unable to discuss the reasons why cannabis/coc aine/heroin should or shouldn't be legal? (Interesting side note here... Murder/Genocide has NEVER been legal, yet all 3 drugs listed have all until recently been LEGAL they were considered safe and effective medical treatments AND STILL ARE!)

That's it for now, I have many more questions but I can see into the future and see this thread going no where with not a staff response in sight. So why waste the "breath".

-Lightrule

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Have to agree matey,talk about revolution,hoarding weapons,killing UN peace keepers etc and all is good,mention having a toke and your in trouble.strange days indeed,

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This has been done a dozen times. The answers are the same.

We've opened and closed the Alt Substance Forum more times than the local dairy down the road.
We've taken a hands on, a hands off, a throw-your-hands-in-the-air-and-wave-em-like-you-just-don't-care approach...the result has always been the same.

We've pinged, postbanned, perma-banned, warned and waved our fingers at people in a very disapproving manner left, right and centre...the result has always been the same.

Essentially it boils down to this:
Great in theory - not so much in practice.
Sooner or later the stoners show up thinking its Free Dorito Day.

So...no...we won't be going there again either.

Sorry, locking this down now.
Please utilise the Complaint Link to request a review of my actions here if you feel them unjust and/or to request a Staff Review on the warning you received re:discussion of drugs you've referred to in your opening post.

Cheers.

edit on 27-6-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

join