It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian's - The invisible war we are in, tell me your story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Firstly, I am a Christian and yes this is a Christian post namely to other Christians experiencing the spiritual warfare we are in atm, so I don't really want to hear other religious opinions because this post is about spiritual warfare from a Christian standpoint.

I have noticed something lately, or maybe it has been going on for centuries, but that many Christians seem to be under attack lately, demonic attack.

It often is at night, we feel we are being watched or feel like something is there in the room with us but then we pray and instantly the peace of God is over us. I don't know if it is because of the world we live in today, but I am feeling something is happening, something Satan is losing control over with and therefore really honing in on faithful believers by scaring the living daylights out of us.

Last night I felt uneasy all night, tonight i feel much better but I just had this terrible fear come over me. I often to experience this ever since I was a child but now i arm myself with Jesus and pray and feel freedom.

If you are a Christian and experiencing anything like this lately please post it on here. I'd be interested to see how many of us Christians are experiencing these attacks lately.

Yours in peace

Mod Note: This thread, like every other thread on this site is open for discussion by all members. As long as posts remain civil and on-topic there is no reason to exclude anyone from participating.
edit on 6/27/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Not sure if you will want this or not, but my grandma is catholic,and hasn't said a thing about it. We talk about things like this, though Im not Christian, we share ideas. So she hasn't as far as I know.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'd first of all like to start this reply by saying that I am an atheist. However, I experience many of the same things as you do with the random state of fear... I also realize that Christians are attack by many people in the government, I even read in one post that someone was perceiving Christians as a threat because of potential Christian militia uprising. I do believe in coexisting, though, so I do apologize for any harsh feelings towards Christians, as i do realize that as a whole you have no hate to other faiths.
Peace and Love man

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lastbleedingvictim

Christian militia up-rising lol, that is crazy! But thanks for your reply, and even though you do not have faith in God, are athiest, you responded very kindly thankyou.

But yes, i am speaking more about the demonic attacks that I have noticed have been increasing paticularly to Christians which i guess has been around for a long time. However the past few hundred years it hasn't been as bad, as it feels today, it feels like today is almost like the days of noah just like the bible speaks of.

So yes if you are a Christian experiencing this invisible warfare - the fear, then please post your experience. And whether or not you are christian it may be an interesting read.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth01

It often is at night, we feel we are being watched or feel like something is there in the room with us but then we pray and instantly the peace of God is over us. I don't know if it is because of the world we live in today, but I am feeling something is happening, something Satan is losing control over with and therefore really honing in on faithful believers by scaring the living daylights out of us.

Last night I felt uneasy all night, tonight i feel much better but I just had this terrible fear come over me. I often to experience this ever since I was a child but now i arm myself with Jesus and pray and feel freedom.

I ask this, only at night?

I think this;
Perhaps its something we evolved with a fear of the dark, because thats when there are a lot more active predators out and about, we didn't always live in modern society, we use to actually have to live in nature, and perhaps its some sort of protective evolutionary trait we picked up, to be more wary at night because of the unknown, almost like the human race was scarred by it. But now we have all the artificial lighting we could ever want to make us feel safe.

It's like how a child is afraid of the dark, perhaps its deep rooted in the subconscious mind. but as you grow older, and become more cynical and ingrained into our modern society, you think to yourself there is no reason to fear the dark anymore...

but sometimes, its still there, that primal fear, but we rationalize it away.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Lysergic because: dryd

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

You know what you speak of has truth to it as well. We have become conditioned to artificial light, and honestly I always feel better in a lit room at night, but even then there is fear if I am alone.

I guess in all honesty it could just be too much tv and reading things on ATS which spook me, but sometimes i think there is more to it ...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Haha, yes being alone and being in the dark are two things that undoubtedly scare us. But as far as your original post goes, i think you may be wrong on one main aspect of it. You say you believe Satan is losing power, but in all reality it would make more sense that he would be gaining it. There are now more than ever previously more Satanists and more people losing faith in god (not that i can really talk about loss of faith as an athiest lol). I'm not sure, just a thought

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm not very happy about my friends ending up dead.
The most recent being a woman who knew Mohammad Atta, the supposed 911 hijacker ringleader, who was nothing of the kind. She was not in the habit of talking about it but I was leaving all these hints over in the 911 conspiracy section. That makes me upset, plus a little nervous about my own self.
Things happen, like an earlier death of one of my friends who got involved with the wrong sort of people who happened to be working both sides. She didn't just die, but I don't especially want to get into that so much, but the point being, a lot of the times it is the people who are supposed to be good who are really bad.
As for demons, they are real and they can do real things to people and I am a witness to that, plus I had my own self done harm to by them, with the object of causing my demise.
It is a good idea to avoid touching things likely to have demons attached, and to stay away from places they would frequent. Sometimes its unavoidable and sometimes you can be attacked when you don't do anything at all that should have anything to do with demons. My worse attack was when I was making a painting of Jesus and people would come by and they would look at it and start crying. I think the demons wanted to kill me for doing that.
There is a God and you don't have to learn to speak ancient Hebrew to call on Him for help.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

. . .too much tv. . .
You should stop watching TV.
It is not good for you and it is brainwashing from the agents of Satan.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You painted Jesus?

or did you paint a graven image of Cesare Borgia?

I doubt the demons would want to kill you for the latter.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I would like to ask if you have spoken to any other Christians who have experienced these attacks? Or do you have any information regarding this subject with relation to the attacks being directed specifically at Christians? It may be that what you are experiencing is unique to yourself. You say in your post "we" and "us" implying there are others known to you involved.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

You wrote:

["Firstly, I am a Christian and yes this is a Christian post namely to other Christians experiencing the spiritual warfare we are in atm, so I don't really want to hear other religious opinions because this post is about spiritual warfare from a Christian standpoint"]

You are not in a position of being able to exclude anyone from a thread. The sometimes christian tradition of monopolism and censorship doesn't apply on a public forum.

Quote: ["I have noticed something lately, or maybe it has been going on for centuries, but that many Christians seem to be under attack lately, demonic attack."]

Assuming that 'demons' do exist, this is not only a christian observation, neither are christians especially targeted, if we disregard the clearcut cases of religious psychosis (which I do NOT say are typical of all religionists).

Quote: [" It often is at night, we feel we are being watched or feel like something is there in the room with us but then we pray and instantly the peace of God is over us."]

I've had more than my share of what christians label 'demonic' experiences. Far, far beyond just hearing voices or having the feeling of something/somebody being around. And while prying may be effective for some, it's questionable if it's becasue of any intrinsic qualities in prayer per se, or if there's any 'god' joining the situation. The most reasonable answer is, that praying creates a psychological state, repelling whatever is experinced.

Quote: ["I don't know if it is because of the world we live in today, but I am feeling something is happening, something Satan is losing control over with and therefore really honing in on faithful believers by scaring the living daylights out of us."]

Correct, ....you don't know. But your guesses are maybe as good as any other guesses from positions similar to yours.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

It's usually when I think I am being good when bad things happen to me.

I doubt the demons would want to kill you for the latter.

That's just a guess and they didn't tell me that.
They said it was something they had been wanting to do for a long time.
edit on 27-6-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The same forces and personalites in those forces are the same ones who have been on earth since the beginning. There is nothing new, there is no increase of attack as the church is mostly dormant and ineffective. Ineffective because it elects leadership, votes in leadership and votes for changes. The Church is not a democracy. Church is a theocracy. Kingdom has nothing to do with democracy and this applies from Moses to Christ. I'm not a Catholic. I don't agree with everything they do, but they are the best model of kingdom leadership in existance (excuse the bad things happening, man stuffed up the purpose there..)

When the church wakes up, or if a person wakes up and is kingdom orientated then attack will come.

Jesus did not come to establish the church, he came to establish kingdom. He did not come to produce Christians, he came to produce kingdom people, sons of God, brothers of the first begotten son - spiritually.

We aren't little puny Christians awaiting a coming Christ to solve everything (like the weak church in the world does mostly), we are sons of God (Rom8:14)

Sons of God, (sons inherit) brothers to Christ. In his spiritual state, if we are brothers of Christ, we are sons of God. Not 'the' Son of God, but sons of God. Christ was the firstborn of many sons (Rom 8:29)

Now if this is true, we are little gods because Christ is God. Not God, but gods. In other words, we are of his kind.

Get this. Sheep beget sheep, dogs produce dogs, humans produce humans and God produces gods, of his kind, in his likeness, in the spirit, through Christ. If you think you are anything less then guess what, you are in your eyes and are therefore ineffective in Gods plan, even though he sees you as who you are yet to discover you are.

To deny this is to be a Christian, with no power, no knowledge of who we truely are, and ineffective. To be a son of God, means we have access to all he is. Just being in this new revelation has caused many to grow in this just like a baby has to grow to be a functioning adult. We are discovering the true power and purpose. If you think the current church is 'it' then look around at it's influence, it's power and it's effect. Yep, it's dying. And half of those that aren't, still compromise.

How many say they are Christians yet would shift cities for a new job and (then) find a new church when Gods plan is to be planted in one place till you die. But oh no, the money is more important. Bollocks! My children will remian with me all my life because they understand what being planted means. And as a result they are being blessed out of their socks more than anywhere else they could go.

This might be a little bit deviated from your original question, but it's 100x times more relevant than anything you 'feel'. Feelings have NOTHING to do with living in the Spirit. Feeling count for nothing in anything but your flesh.

And that sets up where you might need to consider where you sit.
edit on 27-6-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It is a last effort on the part of Satan and his demons to try to get as many souls to turn from God.

Revelation 2:12 (KJ V) 12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Satan constantly tried to get Jesus to sin while He was here on earth. Jesus is the Author of the Bible (for one example that shows this, read what was said through the prophet David in Psalm 22:18, then compare to Matthew 27:35), yet Satan still quoted scripture in an attempt to get Him to sin (Read Matthew 4:6, then compare with Psalm 91:11-12). Jesus was "in all points tempted, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15)," but Satan continued trying anyways. So yes, we are being attacked, but keeping the above information in mind, it's no surprise at all that he would open up major warfare against us mere mortals during these last days.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

You wrote:

["Church is a theocracy."]

As long as believers keep such organizational principles inside their church or group, it's their business. Applied to society as a whole, it will be ideological fascism, and very few want that back.

Quote: ["This might be a little bit deviated from your original question, but it's 100x times more relevant than anything you 'feel'. Feelings have NOTHING to do with living in the Spirit. Feeling count for nothing in anything but your flesh."]

You'll find a 'war in heaven' mentioned in many different religions, and the christian set of questions/answers on the subject is not the only one. Making the claim of being a 'true christian' or THE true religionist is just a claim. You'll have to get used to the idea, that there are many more approaches than yours; and that all these approaches are build on similar individual, subjective preferences, doctrines or interpretations all presently having the same validity (or lack of same).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
It is a last effort on the part of Satan and his demons to try to get as many souls to turn from God.

Revelation 2:12 (KJ V) 12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Satan constantly tried to get Jesus to sin while He was here on earth. Jesus is the Author of the Bible (for one example that shows this, read what was said through the prophet David in Psalm 22:18, then compare to Matthew 27:35), yet Satan still quoted scripture in an attempt to get Him to sin (Read Matthew 4:6, then compare with Psalm 91:11-12). Jesus was "in all points tempted, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15)," but Satan continued trying anyways. So yes, we are being attacked, but keeping the above information in mind, it's no surprise at all that he would open up major warfare against us mere mortals during these last days.

Your claims are circle-argumentatory, and are even contradicting other christian claims based on the same material. Not to mention similar claims from other religions.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

Here is my reply to your request...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have not personally experienced these kinds of attacks or spiritual warfare. I have read accounts of others and I note they seem to be proliferating. So I don't know wether it is a kind of fad or hysteria, or whether people really are engaged in these kinds of battles. I am quite sure it goes on (Daniel, among others, leaves no room for doubt). What I don't know is whether everyone who claims to be experiencing this really is. But I don't doubt the validity of this type of experience in general; I am sure it happens.

I do see a darkening for Christians in general however, and on a larger front these are ominous times for the faithful. There is no doubt the light of Christianity is dimming in public life and what we will be left with is an uglier, grimmer, coarser world. Even the athiests can sense something is dying in culture although their blindness doesn't allow them to see the underlying cause. But everyone knows "something is wrong" and "something is ending". This feeling seems almost universal on a cultural level...doesn't it? Can anyone deny?

So expect hard times for Christians ahead, on worldly and spiritual levels alike. Hold on tight...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It sounds like a common panic attack or anxiety attack to me. I have them occasionally. If you've been having them since childhood, I would say that's probably what it is. No demons involved. No spiritual warfare. Just a little panic and an active imagination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join