Moderator and and IRC Operator from URL Removed(at your service)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hello to all members of the ATS Forums. I would like to take my first post as both an opportunity to introduce myself to the community, as well as (hopefully) a chance to clear any misunderstandings that you may have as it pertains to the recently formed website, URL REMOVED as well as the collective you all are probably familiar with, Anonymous.

Moderators and or admins, if there is an issue with the use of the website in the title or in the thread as stated, please allow me to correct this post by removing it. I have not plugged the site, rather I have stated where I come from in hopes to have an open discussion with the community. I have read your terms of service, and it is my understanding that I am not in violation of those at this time. If I am mistaken, I will gladly change.

Now, to the ATS members: Hello, in the future, please refer to me as 'Shanks', as the anon part is obvious. This is also the identity that I use as a Moderator and IRC Operator on the website previously mentioned.. as well as over the anonops and anonnet servers. I have spent time over the years reading many interesting threads here on ATS, and let me first say thank you to any of you that have contributed to my enjoyment and knowledge during this time. I believe ATS has a great member base, which I am happy to be apart of.

I am a part of the collective known to you as Anonymous, and have been since early 2006. I will not clog my OP with a long detailed history of my experience as being a part of this collective, nor will I try to sell you on "The Plan". I simply wanted to open the conversation to any members that may have any questions about Anonymous, and more importantly, members that have any questions or concerns in the back of their mind about The Plan.

For those of you that do not know what I am referring to, please direct yourself to the following thread, which was one of the reasons I decided to take an active part in this community:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am no spokesman for Anonymous, nor for The Plan.. I am merely someone with knowledge of both, extending the offer to have a discussion and answer any questions that you may have.

Thanks,
Shanks

[Mod Edit - Removed urls from title and body of text]
edit on 27/6/2011 by Sauron because: removed urls in post

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Welcome Shanks!

I'm sure there will be a lot of members that will be glad to meet you. Myself being one.

Just 2 questions from me and I'll keep it short and to the point. What is the Anon Ultimate Agenda and why are you coming out here on ATS?

Thanks

edit on 27-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anonshanks

What's the IRC server address?

edit: I'm only wondering because I want to sell it to the FBI and skip directly to step 3: Profit???
edit on 27/6/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What was your previous username?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Welcome Shanks!

I'm sure there will be a lot of members that will be glad to meet you. Myself being one.

Just 2 questions from me and I'll keep it short and to the point. What is the Anon Ultimate Agenda and why are you coming out here on ATS?

Thanks

edit on 27-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the welcome as well as your interest.

As a collective, our common agenda is freedom of speech, expression and information.. as well as the freedom from oppression for all peoples of the world. As for "The Plan" and the objective of the whatis-theplan website, it is to rally more people behind the fundamental right that we all have to be free in all forms. Phase one is to spread the message of freedom to all that will hear it, see it and feel it; to spread information on the oppression and abuses by those in power; and to spread the message of independence from dependence.

Why have I come here? Well, I suppose because as a long time reader.. I knew there would be people here that would be open to listen. I also knew there would be some questioning and raised eyebrows. In short, I am here to discuss and to share the limited knowledge that I personally have on Anonymous as well as the plan.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Welcome. I'm sure you'll bring some interesting conversations to the table.

Why unmask yourself here? Do you fear any repercussions?

What's your oppinion on lulsec?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
WELCOME TO ATS
question..Why are you here ?
Just to enlighten then be gone ? Or do you have an interest in the topics we discuss ?
Or should I run a Virus scan ?

Welcome.you have the attention of many
Im sure a mod. will be along shortly to welcome you
We all have various interests..I look forward to yours

edit on 27-6-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol

What's the IRC server address?

edit: I'm only wondering because I want to sell it to the FBI and skip directly to step 3: Profit???
edit on 27/6/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

I'm assuming you are referring to the IRC server address for the network of users from The Plan's website?

irc.anonnet.org port 6667, ssl port 6697.

I would also like to point out, though I think you were taking a stab at some humor.. this knowledge is very accessible, and I'm sure if the FBI wants it, they already have it. Nothing illegal happens over the server, as you would know from reading our TOS upon entry.

Thanks for your question, I hope my reply was sufficient.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hi, just do us a favour and don't get the web locked down...theres a good chap

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
What was your previous username?

I assume you mean on ATS? I have never been a member, only a reader up to this point. If I misunderstood your question, I apologize.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Welcome. I'm sure you'll bring some interesting conversations to the table.

Why unmask yourself here? Do you fear any repercussions?

What's your oppinion on lulsec?

I don't feel I have unmasked myself here in any way, as I have not revealed any personal information.

No, I do not fear any repercussions and don't really understand what my concern would be.

My personal opinion on lulzsecurity? Rather childish and not very disciplined, though I don't think they were ever out to gain attention for being serious. Again, we all have our opinions, this is merely mine.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
WELCOME TO ATS
question..Why are you here ?
Just to enlighten then be gone ? Or do you have an interest in the topics we discuss ?
Or should I run a Virus scan ?

Welcome.you have the attention of many

I am here to clear any questions that members here may have about the website mentioned, as well as the collective in general.

I don't feel I can enlighten anyone. I can share information and others can take what they will from it and do as they please.

There is no doubt that I will be around long after this thread disappears into the webz, as I have been here, lurking long before now, and yes, I do take interest in many of the topics that are presented here. The member base takes great time and goes into great detail in researching topics, that is something I admire and something that keeps me around.

You should always run a virus scan, though not because of me, just because it's a smart practice. Thanks for the added humor.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS and I hope your stay here is enjoyable

As I don't really have any questions, I'll just sit on the fence and watch the fun unfold.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Hello anonshanks, please remove the name of the website from your title and all mention in your opening post, it is against the terms and conditions that you agreed to.

New members must be here at lest 6 months and are required to ask permission from ATS administration as well.

Also please remove the name of the web site from your custom title under your user name.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.
edit on 27/6/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for the brief post before but I feared this thread would get 404'd.

Some on this site have accused anon, lulz, and others of being a false flag to actually help usher in the era of a controlled internet. Do you think the actions of anon might help to bring this to fruition faster then if you'd do no action at all?

now as to the anon motto, doing it for the lolz, whilst fun might actually keep some from taking your side. Humour is whimsical at best. There's no way to predict when something may strike someone funny and they do something that can't be praised.

This country, the u.s. we'll say for now has a fascination with the honourable criminal types, jesse james, bonnie and clyde or so. There's a far chance that if anon stood strong for free speech and rights that they could garner great sympathy towards the cause.

My problem is the perceived notion of the lolz. While I'm not really a buzzkill, I find it makes it hard to predict reasonably where anon might fall on certain issues.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hi Shanks,
thanks for taking the time to join our community here

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Hello anonshanks, please remove the name of the website from your title and all mention in your opening post, it is against the terms and conditions that you agreed to.

New members must be here at lest 6 months and are required to ask permission from ATS administration as well.

Also please remove the name of the web site from your custom title under your user name.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.
edit on 27/6/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

I apologize for my violations and I will do all of this right now. Thank you for not just removing or closing the thread and allowing me to correct my errors, as well as for the links provided.

Shanks

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Sorry but you had appeared off line for the last ten minutes, I have edited you post.

Sauron
Super-Moderator

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Shanks We have freedom of speech on this site
There are also rules to be followed by all of us...These rules dont limit us they allow this website to function for all of us Without them IT WOULD BE A MESS
This is becomeing quite interesting
again welcome I look forward to your addition to ATS

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
Hi, just do us a favour and don't get the web locked down...theres a good chap

roger that.

You bring up and important point that is the issue that many have with Anonymous.

While some groups within the collective have taken part in actions deemed illegal by many governments around the world, I would like to point out that their targets have always been oppressors of freedom, and never the people. We do not steal personal information or make any profit from our actions. The hacktivist within our collective very much stand with the people, while some of those people still may take our actions as being illegal, if that makes sense. Anonymous as a collective is much larger than you or even I could ever realize. It is merely an idea, a dream. I can assure you there are many more members that have only basic computer skills in comparison to the few that carry out any cyber attacks.

I would ask you to think about the way I present my following question/statement.

Could the government in the future try to shut down or limit access to the internet? Sure they could. Could they point to Anonymous as one of their reasons for a clampdown? I can guess, as you, that they probably would. TPTB will do anything to retain their power. I think we have all witnessed this at some point or other in our lives, and these days, it is at an increasing rate. Would they point to us as the criminals that have taken your access to information away? Who would you point to as the criminals? Those that have stood beside you and fought for fundamental freedoms? Or those that pulled the plug? I can assure you, if they were to try to pull that plug, it wouldn't be for a matter of legality, it would be based in fear of losing power.

The world is changing. People are waking up to the realization that they have been lied too and suppressed in the name of wealth and power for a few. Who's side are you on? I myself, stand on the side of humanity and the need that we all have deep down inside to live free.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join