It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial law provision secretly passed in Congress Committee?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Martial law provision secretly passed in Congress Committee

A noted human rights group spokesperson has stated that the mandatory military detention provision that the Senate Armed Services Committee secretly discussed and passed this week, is what martial-law states, not democracies do.

The Senate Armed Services Committee's vote this week redefined rules for detaining terrorism suspects, including giving power to military judges to review cases of prisoners in Afghanistan and mandating military detention for important Qaeda suspects even captured on United States soil according to The New York Times.
Continue reading on Examiner.com Martial law provision secretly passed in Congress Committee - National Human Rights | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Andrea Prasow, Counterterrorism Human Rights Defender, challenges governments and individuals in power to end abusive practices and respect international human rights law. Continue reading on Examiner.com Martial law provision secretly passed in Congress Committee - National Human Rights | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

The approval of the package passed 25 to 1 being secretly discussed. It's part of the 2012 national Defense Authorization Act, with only a brief summary being released.

On Passage: H R 1540 To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2012 for military activities of the Department of Defense and for military construction, to prescribe military personnel strengths for fiscal year 2012, and for other purposes.
more here.

Yes, I know it's an MSM source, not all over the MSM news... Also that Andrea Prasow might be questionable...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

great update dreamingawake looks like the ruling elites are preparing something huge for 2012 either a nuclear false flag or the economic collapse and the formation of the north american union maybe both dont you just hate it when your elected officials are passing bills provisions in secret?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You should also read what powers FEMA were given with REX 84. Here's a quick run down of the executive orders along with REX 84. Do your own research, look it up, I implore you to for your own sake.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990
allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995
allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997
allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998
allows the government to seize all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10999
allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000
allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001
allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002
designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003
allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004
allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005
allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051
specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310
grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049
assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921
allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation. General Frank Salzedo, chief of FEMA's Civil Security Division stated in a 1983 conference that he saw FEMA's role as a "new frontier in the protection of individual and governmental leaders from assassination, and of civil and military installations from sabotage and/or attack, as well as prevention of dissident groups from gaining access to U.S. opinion, or a global audience in times of crisis." FEMA's powers were consolidated by President Carter to incorporate the...

National Security Act of 1947
allows for the strategic relocation of industries, services, government and other essential economic activities, and to rationalize the requirements for manpower, resources and production facilities.

1950 Defense Production Act
gives the President sweeping powers over all aspects of the economy.

Act of August 29, 1916
authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency.

International Emergency Economic Powers Act
enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national. These powers were transferred to FEMA in a sweeping consolidation in 1979.

Now along with all that, just recently there was a bill passed where Canada and U.S. agreed to use eachothers troops in the event of civil unrest.

www.canada.com...
Link to more info on Canada and U.S. special military partnership

I can't believe I forgot, learn up on NSDP51 and HSDP20 passed by George W. Bush in 2007 also.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Subbam because: Adjustment

edit on 27-6-2011 by Subbam because: more info added at bottom

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sorry Dreamingawake, I didn't thoroughly read through your post to see that you're situated outside of North America. At least you have a view of what the United States has along with it's military dealings with Canada. So one has to ask, does your country have similar bills in place?, especially if such bills allow our lovely illusion of democracy systems be made into a pretty damn real Military-Like Dictatorships at the snap of a finger.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Subbam because: Adjustment

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Again?

This Marshall Law thing just keeps being implemented every few years, don't it?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
My semi auto .223, will, determination, skills, and training,...allow me to revoke all of the above.... at least until they kill me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think I might have found something important in the bill summary:

 Authorizes $10.4 billion for U.S. Special Operations Command, an increase of 6 percent above fiscal year 2011 levels.

More false flags to come. Those damn things are expensive to produce!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
so what does this mean? what do all these allowances building up to?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i see this as fear mongering. People would be complaining if there weren't any plans in place for the government to do something in case of say a invasion or nuclear war or maybe just a massive earthquake that tears the usa in half. We should be more concern about getting this 2 party "democracy" sorted.
Now if we had proof(real proof not alex jones and a anon source) that the president was planning a flase flag to enable these orders. then yes be worried. But at the end of the day if your not willing to help change the corrupt system then you just have to trust it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Subbam

I have not even finished reading the whole thread... and I wanted to say great response.... I found it even more informative...

have you created any threads with all this combined into it... it sounds like it would make a good one....

I cant wait... I am contemplating plans... this something most will not see coming
edit on 27-6-2011 by ripcontrol because: forgot words and did not want it left the way it was

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

General Frank Salzedo, chief of FEMA's Civil Security Division stated in a 1983 conference that he saw FEMA's role as a "new frontier in the protection of individual and governmental leaders from assassination, and of civil and military installations from sabotage and/or attack, as well as prevention of dissident groups from gaining access to U.S. opinion, or a global audience in times of crisis.

"prevention of dissident groups from gaining access to U.S. opinion, or a global audience in times of crisis."???

NEVER! Give me my ATS or give me death!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Great post! Martial Law is real, and can be a very scary thing if and when we reach that point. When people ask, what will provoke you to get the heck out of dodge? This is it. I have worked hard to be who I want to be, do what I want to do, and go where I want to go...Nobody will ever tell me where I can live, work, or make for a living, no one. I would be interested in seeing if there are any laws passed for firearm rights in the case of Martial law, not that I have any.....they were all stolen...my recollection is that in the case of Martial Law all firearms will be confiscated, does that hold any credence??

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Subbam

You should also read what powers FEMA were given with REX 84. Here's a quick run down of the executive orders along with REX 84. Do your own research, look it up, I implore you to for your own sake.

That is scary dude, Readiness Exercise 1984 just happens to give the government lots of 1984-esque powers?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
My semi auto .223, will, determination, skills, and training,...allow me to revoke all of the above.... at least until they kill me.

and that would go for about 60% of the population
as well. I do hope they know what can of worms
they are opening.

Nuclear False Flag
Floods
Earthquakes
Hurricanes
Tornadoes
Acts of God or HAARP
Elenin

it doesn't matter what the cause,
when those boots hit the pavement,
a new era begins.

edit on 6/27/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I think I might have found something important in the bill summary:

 Authorizes $10.4 billion for U.S. Special Operations Command, an increase of 6 percent above fiscal year 2011 levels.

More false flags to come. Those damn things are expensive to produce!

You hit the nail on the head on that one. All of these operations have to be financed one way or another. Instead of going totally behind the scenes they slip all kinds of money and appropriations into legislation. This is nothing new and will continue to happen until we are all dead and gone.

If they put something like this into a questionable bill or something of that sort people are so distracted by the bill they do not even bother worrying about the money.

The false flags are something we really better get accustomed to seeing from now on. I believe that they are going to try to capitalize on 2012 in one way or another. I hope I am wrong but usually your first intuitive thought is the correct one. Everybody gets a "feeling" for a reason.

FC69

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Chernobyl and Fukushima are prime examples how to move people without their consent, they know this and have everything worked out to the last gallon of fuel. almost all of the government has been moved already to denver, so in the event of "THE" catastrophe in washington occurs nothing stops, just another day in paradise.

they will fly over and contaminate everything with short lived radioactive particles, just enough to force people to get in their transportation and be sent for quarantine in one of their gas furnace Fema camps off the rail lines.

this entire thing wreaks of Hitlers SS

i'm telling you the longer we wait the closer we will come to our undoing. these people have only one thing in mind and that's the systematic destruction of all non important personnel throughout all the americas

our efforts throughout time has yielded them everything they ever needed to sustain life and prosperity for the next several hundred years..."IF" they can rid themselves of a few billion mouths to feed.

this isn't about controlling our rights, this is about GENOCIDE, see it for what it really is. look how they have intentionally destroyed the economy while they continue to add more regulation and pressure and keep everyone traumatized into not knowing what to do. and that's what 911 was all about to get the ball on the roll

if obama stays in office after 2012 then you will know what comes next

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Subbam

Executive Order Kiss my fat, hairy @ss allows me to defend my freedoms and shoot any public servant who doesn't uphold the constitution of the United States, as dictated by their oath.

These sick, twisted *$&*($*% have all but erased the line between a common law-breaker and a terrorist. There is no longer a distinction. If you get pulled over for speeding and argue with the cop, then you are a terrorist. Bush and Obama have single-handedly destroyed what was once a great nation. These arrogant, worthless POS are nothing but control and power freaks. They absolutely despise the thought of a common loser American having any rights or powers. They are so drunk with power and control they will stop at nothing to find an excuse to abuse the common folk. Some day I pray to see them all rot in hell for the destruction of this country for their own gain and satisfaction.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subbam
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051
specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

No false flag needed, as the international tension and economic or financial crisis is upon us already. Perhaps instead, that money will be used to set up "relocation camps", and to pay for the ground troops to corral up the civilians. Hitler SS indeed.
edit on 28-6-2011 by BlackmoonJester because: Correct sentence structure for clarity.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Can you direct me to where the bill suggests this martial law provision?

Can anyone?

edit on 28/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
reply to post by Subbam

Executive Order Kiss my fat, hairy @ss allows me to defend my freedoms and shoot any public servant who doesn't uphold the constitution of the United States, as dictated by their oath.

These sick, twisted *$&*($*% have all but erased the line between a common law-breaker and a terrorist. There is no longer a distinction. If you get pulled over for speeding and argue with the cop, then you are a terrorist. Bush and Obama have single-handedly destroyed what was once a great nation. These arrogant, worthless POS are nothing but control and power freaks. They absolutely despise the thought of a common loser American having any rights or powers. They are so drunk with power and control they will stop at nothing to find an excuse to abuse the common folk. Some day I pray to see them all rot in hell for the destruction of this country for their own gain and satisfaction.

Trust me, I of all people feel your concerns. I don't want to sound ignorant but there's an easy answer for why it's gotten this far, be it Canada, England or America, the answer's the same.

I was talking with a relative in the U.S. yesterday morning, my aunt to be more exact. After talking for a bit we got on to the subject of my views of everything and why I'm so politically involved and I can say that I know for a fact that my views made her uncomfortable. But I wasn't talking about extremeism, hatred, or going ape # at your local Wal-Mart with an Ak-47, I was talking to her about being as vocal as I am on certain subjects that are usually silent or best kept in the darkness.. so pretty much using my voice. Now for having been told that I as an individual person with individual thoughts and views, that I should watch what I say about the powers that run our countries is really troubling to myself because that in itself is the answer that nobody wants to awknowledge.

We as people, simply don't like to awknowledge our own screw ups yet we're quick to point out everybody else's.. it's modern human nature. For one to truely understand why it's gotten to this point to even do something about the problem, one first has to awknowledge where they themselves has failed everybody as a whole. These systems and this bull that we shouldn't have to worry about in a modern day, is in part our own creations by our failures as a people. It's been going down this road for decades, yet nobody wanted to step outside their comfort zone and awknowledge that our own personal governments are capable of everything that the same systems that we ourselves were told were wrong our whole lives and even spilled our blood to fight such systems.

My main point is that "Some day I pray to see them all rot in hell for the destruction of this country for their own gain and satisfaction" has been being said for quite a long time now and it's kind of the reason why they keep growing stronger while we as people get tricked into being told that we're weaker. Don't you think it's a little over due?
edit on 28-6-2011 by Subbam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join