It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Like Opinions - Reality 'Melting' Away In My Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
For the past few months I've been having a really hard time getting any sleep, and instead spend most of my night pacing out front of my house - any sleep I get lately tends to be brief and typically dreamless.

I'm usually one to dream often, very vivid dreams with played out storylines that I can always remember in perfect detail, and at some point or another they hold a sort of significance to me, or bring clarity/peace of mind over particular situations I may deal with. I've also had some very disturbing ones as well but nonetheless there always seems to be some meaning there for me and needless to say, I kinda become attached to my dreams in a way. I don't feel 'right' when I don't dream for extended periods of time.

A couple nights ago I was tossing and turning in bed and I had what I'm not sure was a dream or a 'vision'... It was really quick, I don't feel I was quite asleep yet, just very relaxed, and then this scene played out.

I'm sitting in a room with a woman - she's sitting on a couch across from me, we're both leaning in towards each other, close enough to touch. She grabs my hands to hold them and immediately I start panicking, I start crying and screaming at her to let go of my hands but she won't and I'm overwhelmed with fear. There was nothing scary about her appearance or the room we were in and I got the impression she was there to help me, but even still as soon as she took hold of my hands I started losing it. She's smiling at me and telling me "Look around you, everything is about to change" and I just keep telling her to let go of my hands, but she doesn't. She keeps repeating things like "You need to look around you, everything's changing" and "If you just look at it and face it, it won't seem so scary". As I'm sitting there freaking out, everything melts away from the furniture to the room and even the woman, though I can still feel her holding my hands. We're in this landscape where the sky is glowing bright pink, the grass is glowing and the trees are reflecting pink light. I don't take my eyes off where she was sitting in front of me and I finally get the guts to turn my head and look around me, all the fear goes away and then I'm awake.

This is the first time I've shared a dream on here and I'm just curious to see what other people may think of it. I know recently I've been trying to get back into meditating to help quiet my mind and I've become terrified of it for some reason, and it might have something to do with the dream. As soon as my thoughts cease, I feel anxious and afraid to open up to my higher self and just forget the whole thing.

I look forward to hearing opinions! Just for fun more than anything. I'm sure the meaning is personal and if there is one it'll reveal itself to me but I thought it would be worth a share.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Matrix.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
My first thought was you avatar is Dr. Phil, so physician heal thyself... lol

But to topic: I could see your dream, really see it. I felt a sudden connection to it from the get-go, and that creeped me out but I couldn't stop reading. I was NOT the woman in your dream, I did not have your dream, but I swear to goodness I have seen that sky and field, and had some sort of dream of melt-away. I don't know when, I don't know the details, but all I can say is that I recognized the experience.

What does THAT mean?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Firstly - I know it's disgusting but Dr. Phil is my secret crush. It's not something I readily admit to in real life
So that's the whole avatar thing there. Just kind of a 'joke' for me.

I think that's really interesting you feel familiar with my dream. I'm restless again tonight and anxious about sleeping after recalling the dream, but reading what you wrote made me feel safe for some reason
After posting my dream I read around the dream forum a bit and it seems people have been having dreams about the sky being odd, maybe you've had one too and can't quite remember fully? Neato, nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is a product of YOUR brain, so what YOU get from it is more important than what any of us has to say. What does it mean to you?

It does sound like you are dealing with some anxiety, though.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Oh I agree. I am certainly dealing with anxiety and stress recently, as I mentioned in my original post, I think it might be my subconscious telling me it's ok to push past the fear I've been having with my meditation, and facing it will let me through to a better place. In my dream I was scared $h!tless until I actually looked around and saw how beautiful everything was, suddenly I was fine. I have an inkling on what it means to me, I'm also interested in other people's take on it. I appreciate your response, thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Maybe it means that you are beginning to see things as they really are. The pink colour usually signifies healing or love. The good ending could be you subconscious trying to tell you just that, that there is a good outcome concerning either healing (physical) or love. All in all, not a bad dream
Good luck

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Reality dissolving or changing reminds me of two of my dreams that I recorded as they were meant to be remembered it seemed.

I will relate the one in brief, the ending was very much like you describe. I watched the millions of mice of this world, a symbolism of mankind gather in cooperation as one. The results were, the elite in arrogance ran before them and knew they would be safe in their mansions and had places to hide, but the mice came on in the millions. I watched as they chewed a neat hole in a large strong door while an arrogant couple inside were making ready to hide, laughing at the mice. They then overwhelmed the man, completely hiding his large body with their millions of little bodies as they killed him.

Now here it where reality dissolved. I was standing aside watching all this within a rich bedroom when suddenly all this reality was no longer there, the man, the woman were now in a field, in a pure world of wonderful flowers, fields and woodlands. The man was still covered in mice, but the woman fell to her knees in wonderment at the beauty of the flowers, completely forgetting about her man or the mice. The mice left the man at that point and ignored the woman as she was now one with this new world and they walked away to become part of this real world that was now there.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
Maybe it means that you are beginning to see things as they really are. The pink colour usually signifies healing or love. The good ending could be you subconscious trying to tell you just that, that there is a good outcome concerning either healing (physical) or love. All in all, not a bad dream
Good luck

Thank you for that. I was aware of the meaning of pink and I do find it interesting that in real life I've been experiencing a lot of stress and in my dream I was terrified and then surrounded by a beautiful new world.

Originally posted by sailormon
Reality dissolving or changing reminds me of two of my dreams that I recorded as they were meant to be remembered it seemed.

I will relate the one in brief, the ending was very much like you describe. I watched the millions of mice of this world, a symbolism of mankind gather in cooperation as one. The results were, the elite in arrogance ran before them and knew they would be safe in their mansions and had places to hide, but the mice came on in the millions. I watched as they chewed a neat hole in a large strong door while an arrogant couple inside were making ready to hide, laughing at the mice. They then overwhelmed the man, completely hiding his large body with their millions of little bodies as they killed him.

Now here it where reality dissolved. I was standing aside watching all this within a rich bedroom when suddenly all this reality was no longer there, the man, the woman were now in a field, in a pure world of wonderful flowers, fields and woodlands. The man was still covered in mice, but the woman fell to her knees in wonderment at the beauty of the flowers, completely forgetting about her man or the mice. The mice left the man at that point and ignored the woman as she was now one with this new world and they walked away to become part of this real world that was now there.

I also find it interesting that others are having dreams similiar, although it could no doubt be all the 'new world' stuff going around on the internet playing on everyone's mind

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinquain

Change is inevitable. Accept it for what it is.

new topics

top topics

join