It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time does NOT exist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Right now this moment I am in - the present....a while ago it was my future....oops!... there it goes...it is now my past. To me that is time.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

First Post!

surely if time doesnt exist, then neither does speed? As time & distance are used to calculate speed.

my heads spinning here but if (for example) two identical cars, car A, can reach a certain point 1km away before the other car, car B, from the exact same starting point - then speed is proved (although not measured) which therefore proved the existance of time.

probably makes no sense to anyone else, but its late...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Its true, time does not exist. There is infinite energy and infinite void, and infinity has no measurement possible, no up/down, bigger/smaller, higher/lower. Time is just a program in your head, based on orbit.
Every planet and moon has is own time-channel. The universe is infinite "time" and frequency channels.

Perception - The reality beyond matter

Though there is a creation/matrix/hologram of condensed energy waves, its all erected on a screen in the back of our minds, so the chair you are sitting on is a perception wtihin you, and so is the universe.

All spacial takes place there as well, quantum entanglement comes to mind.

We perceive motion, and orbits, but truly is anything moving, or is the infinite roll of film moving ahead, and each segment in the film clip for everyone and everything is eternal, and Future Self, others ahead on the roll of film can visit these moments,not so much time travel as locale and frequency.

There is no time except as a concept or perception. Therefore, higher up ETs come with remotes to our brain program, and cause pause time, freeze time, and alter the perceptions on the screen in the back of your mind as well.

Its like infinite endless fractals, infinite Energies, Infinite Intelligence, and Infinite variety. Infinite flavors of coffee.

This moment will exist forever.

You are being born, and taking your first steps, and passing on at this moment as well.

To Future Self, Progressed Self, you can spend all the time helping guiding others, and yet say, be back in a second and spend a million year vacation with family, then return to that locale or clip of film in what amounts to that DVD metaphorically, one second later.

Also there are no measurements that can be taken, so the potential infinity in a grain of sand, if a Higher Up wishes to they could insert an entire infinite universe there, is = endlessness in volume to the infinity within a star. Spaces within and without can be used, and the size on the outside isn't compartative to what can utilized within and in the end its all programming or perception. Even Beyond the Cosmos, as there are Infinite Unvierses and Infinite Beyonds, infinite colors, sounds, textures, flavors of coffee.

Its a wonderful, mind boggling concept: Infinity!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
I have been pondering a lot about time lately, and I don't think time doesn't exist, how do even define time?

Anyways to the Gravity Probe B discovery confirming 2 of Einstein's Space-Time theories, Nasa Article , I'm guessing that theory of time goes as follows, please correct me if I'm wrong:

After he Big Bang and the Universe started expanding so was a dimension of time, that is usually represent by a series of lines, thus linear. The positions of the Sun and the Earth at a certain space time have a specific date, and that is how time works.

One of Einstein's theory's is that gravity can alter space time. I believe since the results of the Gravity B proved this to be true, I don't really understand what that means. So depending on the gravity of a planet you will have a different speed of time? But is that on a linear scale? So time on one of Saturn's Moons will be different than Earth? Is that confirmed by the difference in orbit and rotation compared to Earth? I'm not really sure I understand what that indicates, as far as what to anticipate if we ever travel through space. Or what does it indicate with other life out in space.

The quantum mechanics theory is what I've been really thinking about lately. It was hard to picture it with his model in the yt video, but I still understand the idea. In my own words I take it to be for every possible outcome there is a Universe for it. Which basically suggests Parallel Dimensions.

Now I don't really see how the two theories can't be coupled together maybe someone can clear that up for me. What I think is interesting is the quantum physics opinion.

What if ( a big what if), during the creation of Earth, there were other probabilities. During the evolution of life, there are infinite probabilities....

Now what if one of the probable outcomes for the first basic life forms on Earth were more advanced than our basic lifeforms. What if these advanced lifeforms evolved to a point where they could enter the other infinite dimensions of time. What if they were able to enter our dimension of time?

so are you suggesting then, that what the OP is suggesting is that universal time does not exist, butp lanetary time does? That make sense. Maybe in the vaccum of space time cant exist, certainly they say astronauts do not age the same as we do on earth. So here on earth we have time, and the planets that have greater gravity would have what? more time, less time? It is so confusing. I mean, I can be pretty bright sometimes, but time is one of those things i have trouble grasping.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its true, time does not exist. There is infinite energy and infinite void, and infinity has no measurement possible, no up/down, bigger/smaller, higher/lower. Time is just a program in your head, based on orbit.
Every planet and moon has is own time-channel. The universe is infinite "time" and frequency channels.

Perception - The reality beyond matter

Though there is a creation/matrix/hologram of condensed energy waves, its all erected on a screen in the back of our minds, so the chair you are sitting on is a perception wtihin you, and so is the universe.

All spacial takes place there as well, quantum entanglement comes to mind.

We perceive motion, and orbits, but truly is anything moving, or is the infinite roll of film moving ahead, and each segment in the film clip for everyone and everything is eternal, and Future Self, others ahead on the roll of film can visit these moments,not so much time travel as locale and frequency.

There is no time except as a concept or perception. Therefore, higher up ETs come with remotes to our brain program, and cause pause time, freeze time, and alter the perceptions on the screen in the back of your mind as well.

Its like infinite endless fractals, infinite Energies, Infinite Intelligence, and Infinite variety. Infinite flavors of coffee.

This moment will exist forever.

You are being born, and taking your first steps, and passing on at this moment as well.

To Future Self, Progressed Self, you can spend all the time helping guiding others, and yet say, be back in a second and spend a million year vacation with family, then return to that locale or clip of film in what amounts to that DVD metaphorically, one second later.

Also there are no measurements that can be taken, so the potential infinity in a grain of sand, if a Higher Up wishes to they could insert an entire infinite universe there, is = endlessness in volume to the infinity within a star. Spaces within and without can be used, and the size on the outside isn't compartative to what can utilized within and in the end its all programming or perception. Even Beyond the Cosmos, as there are Infinite Unvierses and Infinite Beyonds, infinite colors, sounds, textures, flavors of coffee.

Its a wonderful, mind boggling concept: Infinity!

so if this is true, that time is confined to planets or gravity sources, would then the concept of interplanetary time travel be to simply travel where there is no time? Somehow controlling where in a planets history we could emerge? oh i am confused now.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Time is a measurement, such as meters. We can say meters don't exist. Its gravity that does the job on the planets. All you should know is that nothing lasts forever and sometimes the particles in the objects have a ending.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

what about cause and effect as an argument for the existence of time (i am on the fence here, just playing devil's advocate by arguing both sides)
we see cause and effect all the time, ei we do A and B happens. In a universe without ime, we would not be able to count on that as being a constant. What force if not time makes sure that B always happens after we do A, and not the other way around, or simultaneously?

and another thought - rather than think of time as a thing, maybe we should think of it as the proverbial tree falling in the forest - if no one is there to observe and measure it, it ceases to exist, like if no one is there to hear the tree fall, did it really make a sound?
edit on 27-6-2011 by chrissiel123 because: (no reason given)

after all, time is simply the observance of the order things happen, not the order itself, so take out the observer, and time ceases to exist.
edit on 27-6-2011 by chrissiel123 because: because i cant complete a thought until after click post.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Really enjoyed the video in the opening post. Time as an artifact is novel to me. Read all the posts and really enjoyed but was hoping for an explanation of the equation in that first video; the H Y = O. Afraid the paper attached explaining how the person came up with this equation was a little beyond me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

hahaha! cute. But it wasnt the clock! The first measure of time was a gift we got just before we arrived. God gave us the Moon and the sun so we could mark the passing of time, and to schedule the feasts and days of worship. I guess he was the first clockmaker, and that goes to show how ingrained the concept of time is to us. it goes back a long way!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobbWonder
I can hold my breath for 3 minutes.. If time does not exist .. did I even hold my breath? What is breath in this scenario?

i would say it existed because you measured it. like think therefore I am - once you observe it it exists, when no one observes, it does not exist. hmmmm duality...and almost bedtime for me. any longer and i start to make even less sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

IMO

The next logical step for me once I realised everything is perspective is to try and keep a positive one while not burying my head in the sand.

The next logical step I think we all should have is realising that if everything is perspective, we are all right and we are all wrong - things are and things arnt. We all know nothing in the grand scheme and we should respect everyones point of view.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Time doesn't exist because were in eternity. Lets all change our ages to protest against time.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
tell that to my boss.

sorry if this is a repeat!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123

Originally posted by game over man
I have been pondering a lot about time lately, and I don't think time doesn't exist, how do even define time?

Anyways to the Gravity Probe B discovery confirming 2 of Einstein's Space-Time theories, Nasa Article , I'm guessing that theory of time goes as follows, please correct me if I'm wrong:

After he Big Bang and the Universe started expanding so was a dimension of time, that is usually represent by a series of lines, thus linear. The positions of the Sun and the Earth at a certain space time have a specific date, and that is how time works.

One of Einstein's theory's is that gravity can alter space time. I believe since the results of the Gravity B proved this to be true, I don't really understand what that means. So depending on the gravity of a planet you will have a different speed of time? But is that on a linear scale? So time on one of Saturn's Moons will be different than Earth? Is that confirmed by the difference in orbit and rotation compared to Earth? I'm not really sure I understand what that indicates, as far as what to anticipate if we ever travel through space. Or what does it indicate with other life out in space.

The quantum mechanics theory is what I've been really thinking about lately. It was hard to picture it with his model in the yt video, but I still understand the idea. In my own words I take it to be for every possible outcome there is a Universe for it. Which basically suggests Parallel Dimensions.

Now I don't really see how the two theories can't be coupled together maybe someone can clear that up for me. What I think is interesting is the quantum physics opinion.

What if ( a big what if), during the creation of Earth, there were other probabilities. During the evolution of life, there are infinite probabilities....

Now what if one of the probable outcomes for the first basic life forms on Earth were more advanced than our basic lifeforms. What if these advanced lifeforms evolved to a point where they could enter the other infinite dimensions of time. What if they were able to enter our dimension of time?

so are you suggesting then, that what the OP is suggesting is that universal time does not exist, butp lanetary time does? That make sense. Maybe in the vaccum of space time cant exist, certainly they say astronauts do not age the same as we do on earth. So here on earth we have time, and the planets that have greater gravity would have what? more time, less time? It is so confusing. I mean, I can be pretty bright sometimes, but time is one of those things i have trouble grasping.

That is what I don't understand about how gravity can effect time. All the celestial objects are kind of sunk in the fabric of space time, so time moves around the celestial objects? Does space time make the planets spin? And spin all the celestial objects? Is that how it works? And how much gravity a celestial object has controls the current of space time is that how that theory is suppose to work?

I actually just answered my question to make sure I used the correct affect/effect by googling gravity effecting time, and discovered Gravitational Time Dialation .

I'm guessing this theory has to do with the Big Bang Theory that the Universe was smaller than an atom and a sudden burst of violent energy created the Universe and caused it to expand at an exponential rate and is still expanding.

Then with quantum physics which to my understanding electrons can have numerous possibilities at the quantum level, but only the observes can change the possibility?

So does this mean as we observe the Universe we only observe one possibility?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So OK time does not exist. Well here's some news. It does exist in that everything on earth is in a progressive cycle of growth and decay. Don't tell the person who looks out of the mirror at herself every morning who is at the decay end of the cycle it doesn't exist! It's why we have face creams with names like 'Time Delay'

edit on 28-6-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

B*sneee *cough cough*-*a-hey* what??

Proof that time does not exist. It's exactly not when it was when I was last here. If it existed, It would still be then and not now. Err .. or here. See?

I forget what I was thinking now.. come to think of it... *dazed look into the distance*...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by akushla99

The only thing I don't quite understand about your post ? Is why you wrote it. How is any of that information ?
i guess you're right...its not information
read what i wrote and compare it to the way you experience time and see if it makes sense

If time is the indefinite and continuous duration, reguarded as that in which events suceed one another. Then time does exist.
How do you define 'exist'? Do you mean something you can hold in your hand?Define what you mean by existence, in relation to time.

It can be studied and investigated, even though it is in the past and cannot be experienced.
Correct. But, my point being, you cannot change the past because it has become solid (in a sense...written in stone), it can be studied and investigated, but not changed. The future can be speculated upon, studied in some senses of the word. But, the present, just happens...and once it is 'grasped', it is gone...pooooof, into the past.

The same with the future, if the study begins in the now and is observed into the future.

edit on 27-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

What constitutes the 'future'?

cheers
Akushla

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
In my opinion time is only relevant to humans (yes i believe we are not alone)
Its a question of life span and how much cream we can fit in. I feel time and the reduction of time increments was just to mark events past and present future more precise to allow for better interaction In my opinion time and the scaling of time is what has allowed a lot of tech to be developed.
Dam dentist 10:45 tomorrow.
now at time like that what happens, you forget all about time as though it does not exist

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

edit on 28-6-2011 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You're correct, it doesn't exist.

The only reason it keeps existing is because we keep creating it by believing in it, thus making it appear real, like everything else around us, its all an illusion.

quote" The kabbalistic teaching is that all of creation resulted from the Great Nothingness Without End. The suggestion in this statement is that because it was nothing, it was somehow useless and worthless, and now, that it has 3 dimensional time and space it has value. The word Ayin means ‘Nothing’ and it also means ‘Eye’ in Hebrew. The Eye is Nothing. However, when you attach the concept of thinking to this eye of nothingness, when you add a word which is a thought, it is still, really nothing, but now it has the illusion of being something. This word / thought action makes a sound. A sound in turn, vibrates. The vibration created by sound is energy. Energy glows, and this glowing is light. This is the whole creation process that self perpetuates.
/unquote'. bryan kemila.

Originally posted by EthanT
Well, okay, I don't know if time does, or does not, exist. It sure feels like it does.

However, according to theoretical physicist Julian Barbour it definitely does not exist. Instead, there is a series of "eternal nows" each seperate from the other with their own seperate configuration. It's the relationship between these seperate nows that create the illusion of time, similar to how a movie is a sequence of still shots but the illusion of continuous motion is created because the stills are shot at a speed greater than what our eye can detect.

Part of where this comes up is with the unification of General Relativity with Quantum Mechanics. They have such different ideas of time that, according to Julian, the only way to create a marriage between the two is to say there is no time. This is represented in the Wheeler-Dewitt Equation, which has a property "known as timelessness. The reemergence of time requires the tools of decoherence and clock operators."

But, why not hear Julian tell you all about this instead of me.

I'm not sure I actually buy into this idea. But, it was such a different viewpoint that I found it very interesting for that reason alone.

More here:

Julian Barbour

Wheeler-DeWitt Equation

From Newton's Laws to the Wheeler-DeWitt Equation

edit on 27-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join