It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United we stand, Divided We fall. Kudos to concept of One World Order!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am one of those people that has been trying to weigh the good and the bad of a single world government. I don't understand how religion, false prophecies, and fear of secret societies have polluted people's minds against the concept of humanity uniting for a single purpose and goal. I am not advocating communism or Egalitarianism.

I support a single global democratic government. Imagine some of the problems we could tackle before they got out of hand...

1. We could regulate overpopulation by not endangering any race but ensuring races follow a certain distribution. Nature wouldn't have to stem population growth via nuclear meltdowns, diseases, earth quakes etc etc

2. We could properly regulate consumption of global resources by industrialized countries.

3. The world could be better prepared for an invasion by ETs.

4. We could vacate 11-20 countries and declare them wildlife zones for conservation purposes

5. Religious extremists and fanatics could have a continent of their own and live their own democratic religious life without influence of science.

There is truly no limit to what we can do.

But of course this concept has already been labeled as evil.
edit on 27-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
That is as simply as I can express it.
That is why I am against one world government.
Just leave me alone and let me succeed.
Don't tax the hell out of me and get out of my way.
Step on my toes, and I'll break your foot.
I don't understand how it is in any person's
interest to dictate the lives of others for their
own gain. There's always a backlash of greater force.

What you described does not sound like democracy to me.

edit on 27-6-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
1. We could regulate overpopulation...
2. We could properly regulate consumption of global resources by industrialized countries.
4. We could vacate 11-20 countries and declare them wildlife zones for conservation purposes
There is truly no limit to what we can do.

Once you understand why that "we" doesn't include any of us lowly citizens, you will understand why WE the citizens should violently oppose world government. Until then you're just another sheep.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

I don't think absolute power corrupts because there is no such thing as absolute power. What's wrong with Human beings uniting for a common purpose? why is that corruptible?

Give evidence that when people are united, corruption always ensues

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You will find alot of people who believe in the NWO and one world government is going to happen to enforce population control and drop the world down to oh I think their number is 500 million. Of course they have no facts to back this up but they don't believe the one world government is for the purpose you describe.

I think a one world government will happen but probably when we start to colonize space as it makes more sense to do it as one people than have separate programs getting in the way of each other. Before that however I don't see it happening.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

Well of course at first the lowly citizens will be sheep until they have acquired enough knowledge to be responsible and independent. The unity is to ensure humanity has a future

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

I was going to go into a long drawn out explanation for you, on why this is not good for anyone.(apart from the ones trying to make this happen)

However, if you really are unable to see the arguments now, then i doubt i would be of much help to you.

ET invasion! omg please, Get with reality.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

I don't think absolute power corrupts because there is no such thing as absolute power. What's wrong with Human beings uniting for a common purpose? why is that corruptible?

Give evidence that when people are united, corruption always ensues

Why give evidence when everything in this thread is speculative? If there is a one world government, that means there will be one leader of said governement. Common sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
A one world government could work but it would require perfect leaders and no one is perfect.
I would like believe in Eugenism for something like " making the perfect human " if it is possible

Even then...

I'm not someone that trusts easily, actually I trust no one.
I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't part of the world leaders and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Seriously, I think I see myself capable because of my values...

Problem is, 1 billion people will think exactly what I just wrote down

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

If conspiracies are right, we are just about a one world government. what is the G8 really? Most people know the UN is a facade. Anyway my hope is that people come to the realization that without a one world government, we are all going to destroy each other.

Japan has no global regulation on its nuclear meltdown, yet the consequences are global. This is where the NWO will be effective

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think vacating 11-20 countries would be impossible.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

ETs invasion is one of those scenarios people discount today like they did discount danger of overpopulation once.

It doesn't matter if they exist or not to me. But it is prudent to be ready if such an attack happens

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well I can see the pro's to a one world government but there are also cons. There is no one to keep this one government in check should it step out of line. There are things America or Russia or China will not do because of fear of retaliation so in a way multiple governments can keep others in check. This doesn't always work but sometimes it does.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Humanity is like the rock that couldn't figure out how to get off the beach and ended up being slowly ground down to sand. One world government, no world government, it doesn't matter. It's all drama.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I think vacating 11-20 countries would be impossible.

I thought i was being conservative because 20 countries is about 10% of total countries in the world. In reality we need about 30% dedicated totally to wild life and vegetation.

We could have, 20% countries dedicated to agriculture, and 15% to industry. The rest for habitation etc etc

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Well I can see the pro's to a one world government but there are also cons. There is no one to keep this one government in check should it step out of line. There are things America or Russia or China will not do because of fear of retaliation so in a way multiple governments can keep others in check. This doesn't always work but sometimes it does.

I guess then that democracy is not real?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Point number 1: Only Americans are interested in a one-world government and only if it's lead by Americans in the American culture. The rest of the world has no interest in it.

Trying to have one country with the diversity of cultures is laughable. That's why it's never been done and why it will never be done.

As for vacating countries; here's one for you: we will vacate your country. Pack your things and leave. Forget your home, your family, your friends, and everything that is dear to you. We're sending you to Afghanistan or Siberia. Not interested? Nobody else is either.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I agree with the OP...a world united is better than a world divided.

If a NWO wants to have a mass genocide to get the population under 500 million, then I guess I would disagree with the NWO premise. However, I don't think that is going to happen. Maybe if Charles Manson is the leader it would, but I think most people would not want to go through with such a plan.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
When you find out that the leaders of a world government are corrupt and heartless, who could stand against them?

Checkmate

There is nothing wrong with mankind uniting, but it must never happen through government. It can only happen if all governments are removed or you will be left with tyranny...thank you mother goose, your wisdom would bring quite a splash splash.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." -Thomas Jefferson
edit on 27-6-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
As for vacating countries; here's one for you: we will vacate your country. Pack your things and leave. Forget your home, your family, your friends, and everything that is dear to you. We're sending you to Afghanistan or Siberia. Not interested? Nobody else is either.

I actually would welcome it. Knowing that in the long run, our descendants will have a future and a planet is worth it all. Plus imagine how many scientific innovations and technological advancements we would make...priceless

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join