It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico is on fire. Los Alamos residents are evacuating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
www.kob.com...

The Los Alamos National Labs is being protected, kob is reporting that theyre protecting nuclear substances, a particle accelorater and other items. Then kob hasnt mentioned what theyre protecting again. This was about an hour ago.
edit on 26-6-2011 by apocalypticangel because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by apocalypticangel

This will be interesting as the area burned as per the areas thined. remember that a major wildfire burned out significant areas in the recent past.

Los Alamos has used the "Flagstaff Model" ,(thinning), in areas since the big fire.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

Edit
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChungTsuU

Absolutely, I am pretty sure it was back in 2000. In that one, part of the lab did get burned. Either way, much of our state is on fire. No sign of rain, no rain for a long time.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Note burned areas, it is unlikly that fuels have built to a level in the last ten years to become a "crown fire" that would put at risk Los Alamos.

The new growth in the prior burned areas would be of a young forest area. Other words little fuel.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Regards and Namaeste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

In AZ.

My History Thesis was:

Historic Vegetative Change of Southeast AZ. (To be defined as the area east of the the Santa Cruz River and South of the Gila River)...Such a sexy topic ..No?

LOL!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So much fire and drought in the south this year. I hope they get it contained soon.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That's too bad. I remember seeing the area before it burned the first time, and it was amazing. It hasn't had time to recover, now it's burning again.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I see what you are saying about fuel, buti am more concerned with what is at stake..what if.. I also have family friends evacuating now. Fuel or no fuel, this one is big. Even without a nuclear calamity people are being adversely affected in my state. I find that to be very important.. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I agree! Stress is being added to persons...in addition to what is out there.

My opinion...TPTP are doing all they can to bring unrest and add to the collective consciousnesses, fear!

Midwest floods
Southwest fire

I choose to combat that with positive light. It is not as bad as you want to think...

FYI... Sister is in Sierra Vista (see Monument Fire), parents are in Lakeside (see Wallow Fire)

Please look deeper and see the stresses being forced on all of US, and please think about how you process them...Hundred Monkeys (WINK).

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Agreed, but im not having a contest as to who is being pushed harder, I am only reporting what is happening. As far as I am concerned, we are all equally screwed in different ways. Im not here to judge who is worse off. I have better things to do like turn off the dang swamp cooler because it smells like the backyard is on fire. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Friend, not trying to oppose nor anger you, trust me.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
ps

Hopefully you will not need the swamp cooler much longer...just had the first push of "Monsoon" moisture in T-town (Tucson) today.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Opposition is necessary for growth, Im not angry. I do find holes in your progression of thought postbypost. No hard feelings.i love to argue. And I dont trust anyone whos eyes I cant see. Well, hope your right on the swamp. I definitely cant trust the weather channel.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
What is there in New Mexico that can burn? Little bit of desert shrubs?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

LOS ALAMOS, N.M. — Federal forest officials say a wind-driven wildfire has forced the evacuations of about 100 people in northern New Mexico and the closure of the Los Alamos National Laboratory.

U.S. Forest Service officials said early Monday that the fire has burned at least six square miles and is threatening buildings, power lines and natural gas lines. They say it is about one mile southwest of the government laboratory.

Lab officials has closed the facility and say all radioactive and hazardous materials were being protected. The site was founded during World War II to develop the world's first nuclear weapons.
source

Um, I can't seem to remember what happens when a place that has nuclear fuel rods looses electricity.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
why don't they just crank up HAARP , get some
weather mods going to create some rain
or have the Navajo do a
rain dance

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

New Mexico is heavily forrested, not just barren dessert.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
20 minutes ago evacuations of Los Alamos county became mandatory. as of last night the fire came within one mile of LANL. So much for the no fuel argument.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I am sorry to see this fire take off today as it has. I hope your friends and family are safe.

Regards and Namaeste,

-Chung

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I hope NM did not piss off Obama, or they will get no help . . . like Texas and Arizona.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join