It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: US Advising Najaf Residents To Evacuate Immediately

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Apologize for them and sympathize with them all you want. In fact, if you're so worried about them go over there and join them.

They destroy their homeland. They burn the pipelines, which is their economic future. They murder their own countrymen. They piss in their own nests and you want to sop it up with your pitiful pinings. All the while hiding behind and enjoying the protections of the laws of this great country that shelter your anti-Amercan attitude. Feh.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Apologize for them and sympathize with them all you want. In fact, if you're so worried about them go over there and join them.

They destroy their homeland. They burn the pipelines, which is their economic future. They murder their own countrymen. They piss in their own nests and you want to sop it up with your pitiful pinings. All the while hiding behind and enjoying the protections of the laws of this great country that shelter your anti-Amercan attitude. Feh.

Haha!
If you reread my post, you will notice several things:

a) I did not apologize for anyone, rather I showed you that the Iraqi combattants do not have a monopoly over delusion.

b) I addressed every point you made rationally.

c) I did not make a single anti-American commment.

As such, if all you can respond with is the tired old, lame, and frankly embarrassing anti-American taunt... I consider the conversation over, and my point solidly established.

U.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Several people here have said things to the effect of...
"These people are just defending their homelands from invaders and that we should just leave and let them have it."

Ask yourself WHY DO THEY WANT US GONE?

It is a common belief that things would deteriorate in Iraq if the coalition forces puled out...BECAUSE the groups, while seeming comming together to drive out the occupiers, would turn on each other and try to wipe out the other groups.

Those of you that buy into the nice nice idea that theyre just angry about being occupied, arent looking deep enough into the situation there.

Do you really think that all the Iraqi's have the same political goals?
the 3 main groups (suni #e, and kurd) have a long bloody history of fighting each other, and the Iranians would love to see their religious group succeed there too. So now youve got a neighbor (and former enemy) trying to influence their internal politics too....this is not to mention other outside "terrorist" insurgents with designs of a radical state there too.

If i was planning a power grab there, im sure id want the peacekeeping opposition forces out of my way too...otherwise how could i grab power and wipe out my competition.

Dont be so short sighted as to believe that this is as simple as good people defending their homeland from invaders....if we werent there, they would be going at each other. There are plenty of reasons they would like to see us gone.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Several people here have said things to the effect of...
"These people are just defending their homelands from invaders and that we should just leave and let them have it."

Ask yourself WHY DO THEY WANT US GONE?

It is a common belief that things would deteriorate in Iraq if the coalition forces puled out...BECAUSE the groups, while seeming comming together to drive out the occupiers, would turn on each other and try to wipe out the other groups.

Yes, I also believe the situation may deteriorate if we pull out now. I am still in favor of pulling out. Doing so and admitting to the international commmunity that we made a monumental mistake would be less damaging in the long term: this is my opinion.

Those of you that buy into the nice nice idea that theyre just angry about being occupied, arent looking deep enough into the situation there.

I don't buy into that opinion at all. Yet we should not be there.

Do you really think that all the Iraqi's have the same political goals?

Of course I don't, although getting us out certainly seems to be a rallying point for them these days

the 3 main groups (suni #e, and kurd) have a long bloody history of fighting each other, and the Iranians would love to see their religious group succeed there too. So now youve got a neighbor (and former enemy) trying to influence their internal politics too....this is not to mention other outside "terrorist" insurgents with designs of a radical state there too.

Yes, that is indeed the situation, and one I was aware of before the invasion. It is one of the reasons why invading the place was such a terrible idea. Meanwhile, I refuse for these elements to become grist for the excuse-mill to continue occupying the country. Sometimes, when you screw up, trying to fix things through further meddling (as much as you feel you should) will only cause more harm than good. I believe this is one of those situations.

If i was planning a power grab there, im sure id want the peacekeeping opposition forces out of my way too...otherwise how could i grab power and wipe out my competition.

Agreed: I posted something to this effect in this very thread.

Dont be so short sighted as to believe that this is as simple as good people defending their homeland from invaders....if we werent there, they would be going at each other. There are plenty of reasons they would like to see us gone.

I don't recall seeing anyone on this thread exhibit the signs of such short-sightedness...

Talk to you,

U.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join