It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which ATS members actually have interesting lives?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
well, i wouldn't say i've led a slow life.. even though i came up and spent most of my years in north carolina. things got exciting for me when i was 18 though. i've been interested in film since i was about 11 or 12 years old and finally bought a decent 3 chip camera when i was 18 (spent my whole life savings of 2 G's lol).

so it paid off. my cousin in law has a little production company that he basically started because i taught him how to use some editing software. he used to be in a traveling band some years ago and had some friends he had made along the way who were willing to push business our way.. we started out filming live music, mostly local (throughout nc) then we got lucky and got contracted by the volcom record label when the volcom stone tour came through nc (got to film and meet: valient thorr, the year long disaster, the riverboat gamblers, and asg) so that was a blast. i found myself thrilled, but at the same time wasn't making enough money to pay my bills, but i kept on. then we made a short film called the david long story which debued at the ava gardner film festival and recieved good reviews.

some time passed by and i was still working part time at the production company, while working at a warehouse and going to college also..

then one day i met a thai girl online who just happened to see me in the short film (i was actually an actor rather than a camera man in it because we couldnt afford to pay any actors lol). she coincidentally worked in bangkok as a video editor. we talked every day for about a year and fell in love. so i risked everything.. sold all my stuff, my jeep, my camera, my furniture, everything except for my guitars and an old grandfather clock that my mom got me.. so i could afford a plane ticket to come to thailand and be with her.. and i did! so here i am (i've been here for nearly 2 years now). she's a producer now and will graduate next month from the chulalongkorn (best school in thailand) master's degree program for mass comm., and i'm finishing up my degree in mass comm, and we really are mad in love with each other. since i've been here i've been on tv around 4 times, one of the shows her company does is a candid camera style show similar to punked, i've been on it 3 times, and in a spoof commercial the other time. so everytime i get the chance i tell people to follow their heart, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something.. you can, you just have to be ready to work hard, that is life. if you can accept that and be ready to face the pitfalls that are set before you with a smile on your face then you have already won every battle you will ever fight. i know this as a fact because i have lived it. and i gave you all the abridged version here. sorry for the run-on sentences and whatnot its almost 4am here.. just thought i'd share my story

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by randomname
i met mike tyson at the airport in washington d.c., back in the day when he was iron mike tyson the baddest man on the planet.

this was just before he went to prison for rape.

i asked him for his autograph and he told me to f-ck off.

he was with 3 of the meanest, biggest 6'10" 350lb hardcore, gangsta body guards that i have ever seen.

which made me laugh. being told to f-ck off by mike tyson and his entourage is ten times better than some piece of paper i would have lost by now.

Did you call him a little panzy?

Do you still have both ears? LOL.
2nd line.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I never considered myself as interesting and nothing more then average,
but considering the constant gossip about everything I do or say in this damn town, there must be something, lol, don't ask me what it is....
I guess owning one of the largest stores around these parts puts me in the public eye a bit more, but honestly, when I walk or drive through town and everyone is saying 'hello' and 'how r you doing', mostly people I can't even remember having met before... and everyone is waving as if I'm their best friend ever.... it annoys the hell out of me (part why I moved to a house in the woods with no close by neighbors)

So then I look at the Internet and forums like these where I truely am average... and I see that most of my threads never hit more then two pages... and most of my replies remain unanswered... we are back at being un-interesting.

As for my life before ,
I'm 35, the daughter of gypsies, moved about 20 times (maybe more but I lost count), and went to countless different schools... had many jobs (hostess with a travel agancy, worked in a bar, restaurant... even pizza hut... cleaned, did surveys, became a consultant, then accountant... and now self employed)
I'm mother to a teenager.... and once teens enter the house then 'they' become the interesting ones with enough drama to fill the day... who will remind you every once in a while that 'your' life is almost over and nothing that you do matters, or, is interesting in any way...*yawns*

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am a time traveler/dimensional traveler from 50 billion years in the future of the root of this dimension, thought I am not really human, I look human, or at least for now. I have lived for longer then I care to remember in this plain of existence, and even if I don't take into account my other past lives in this or other dimensions, it still is more then I care to remember.

So ya.... During all that time I cant say there is or was anything interesting that happened in my life and existence, It's been pretty mundane and boring mostly. It has been one long boring snozzefest..zzzzzzzzzz.
How you like them apples.

I smell nerdsss in this thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Would love to say what life i lead but that would mean i would be required to kill you...
, so all in all i live a boring life not much happening, everytime i look at my watch it always reads the same time, perhaps that's due to it being broken for the past five years or is that a conspiracy on its own. So i ended up buying a binary watch and the clocks within my home are also in binary format. At first my woman was ... "wtf" , but several months later she is well in tune and also owns a similar binary watch...

If you have ever wondered how to read or wtf is a binary clock or watch then view below..

talk about being a geek....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

euh...
snozzefest???
whatkindofbeastisthat?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I lived a very interesting life. I grew up in the beginning with a mother, who abandoned me, at 1.. I learned fast the ways of the world. At twelve I lived with a single man "my father" the United states Army, traveled all over the Continental USA, and in Europe, my teenage years were spent in Germany, with again a single man, in the army. I grew up fast, I got a education money gold or currency could never buy. To this day, most people do not understand me, or have a very hard time relating to me. I find very few people who have much in common with me.. I have seen, tasted and have heard things people die never sensing so yes I have and still have a darn good interesting life.

No regrets and have loved every minute of my life. The position I am in life, was based on the decisions I made and the position I was given in this life, and now I am successful, happy and watch my hands do marvelous things in my work. I learned so early in life we can do anything, if we just put our mind to it. I don't know how to fail, for I was taught so early that those around me, fail and I can't....

I have allot of stories and in chat I tell em sometimes...
edit on 28-6-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

I give credit, to big G, or my guardian angels.. They never gave up on me..
edit on 28-6-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I do not think I have an interesting life, but I have a life, and that is what matters I suppose. I am 35, live in AZ, work in IT, and want to move. I have a good wife and beautiful 2 year old daughter. She impresses me each day...and she loves me. There is nothing better than seeing her love for me. Now, when she is 13, it will be different...but anyway

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've had such a intense life hahaha, but now, everything seems to be quiet. It's not going to last too much, it has been like this all the time.
I was an average student al school, i started to study journalism when i finished it, then i dropped college because i started to hate MSM... I've worked in the most random places ever (from web manager and tv director for an online game publisher to selling in stores) , then i started to study again, and dropped college again because i felt i was scammed with the contents of my career (fashion design here should be called "sportswear workshop manager" instead...) and now i'm working with some friends to establish our own business as media consultors.
the funny side of my life is i'm a retired nerd, i used to be a cosplayer when i was into japanese animation and i gained some fame because of that, here, in the US and Japan. Not because i'm cute or anything, because my costumes were always good. Now i'm more into comics andthe biggest nerd of my family isn't me anymore but my mom, that plays WoW all day and is a big fan of star trek. My parents are divourced, she lives in the south with my step-dad and my dad lives here in my city with his wiife and my three half brothers. I have 4 step-siblings too.

and I love cats.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have been working with medicine people for over a decade, some Lakota others aren't from tribes, but rather just "chosen" if you will. I do intend on sharing some stories and experiences at some point on ATS. I am going to post something soon on getting connected to Mother Earth and then at some point I would like to share some experiences with the ceremonies that I have been a part of, the reasons for them and some of the things that I have witnessed, but some of it's pretty out there and unbelievable and so it needs to be done in a way where I don't sound like I'm off my rocker or watched too much 'Harry Potter'. I will say that it all derives from indigenous teachings and that the medicine people I work with are given permission to do what they do and are connected to the spirit realm in a way so that others may have a relationship with that realm in a good way to better themselves and family. Really amazing stuff happens and I have seen cancer cured and diseases removed where the conventional medical world had given up. I have been very fortunate to have been brought to this path and now I want to start sharing and spreading the light in this dark world we live in and maybe give some hope. There is a large group of people that I know that are involved in these things as well, but I see a lot of people post things here on ATS that have no clue really as to what really is and that is the main reason I joined this site, that and also to give my two cents here and there on some topics of interest. So look for my posts in the near future if you wish, for when I find time I will get started.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Talltexxxan

a roughneck can have excitement

My brother is a driller in the oilfield..makes good money...He drug up on the company last week
They wanted to keep working on a slant rig when there was only one and a half wraps on the drill line ..he told them it wasent safe they(company) told him to keep drilling.He shut down the rig called and reported the violation to OSHA and told the company we are going home alive tonight .pulled off his crew and Quit..Guts enough to do what was right and safe.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Talltexxxan

a roughneck can have excitement

My brother is a driller in the oilfield..makes good money...He drug up on the company last week
They wanted to keep working on a slant rig when there was only one and a half wraps on the drill line ..he told them it wasent safe they(company) told him to keep drilling.He shut down the rig called and reported the violation to OSHA and told the company we are going home alive tonight .pulled off his crew and Quit..Guts enough to do what was right and safe.

The sort of thing happened to me.
Called the companies bluff,reported things were not safe.
And what happens?
I get canned.
Cudo's to your bro for standing up for what is right.

BTW got hired back,reported same stuff got layed off again..
F$#K THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I want to thank everyone who responded!

When I started this thread I wanted to reply to people individually but it's gotten too long. But I will keep reading your stories, they are great!

Keep 'em coming...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

euh...
snozzefest???
whatkindofbeastisthat?

The kind that wakes every once in a long while and sleeps for really long periods of time. I do believe you all call it a dragon.

Nah just joking, I just wear the hide of a dragon.
I am really a cat, as you can plainly see from my avatar.

edit on 29-6-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

the funny side of my life is i'm a retired nerd,

Ya you all see I knew I smelled nerds.

i used to be a cosplayer when i was into japanese animation and i gained some fame because of that, here, in the US and Japan.

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by Caggy

the funny side of my life is i'm a retired nerd,

Ya you all see I knew I smelled nerds.

i used to be a cosplayer when i was into japanese animation and i gained some fame because of that, here, in the US and Japan.

Pics or it didn't happen.

At least she isnt a Furry. God I hate those people.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

My brother had a friend who lived next door to Mike Tyson. My brother said he looks like a neanderthal. but no matter what people said about him, he is an excellent father. They would see him play with his kids outside for ours on end.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was accepted to art school after high school but couldn't afford it. So instead I did a year of college studying architecture. Hated every minute of it. Turns out that architecture classes are unbelievably boring.

I ended up joining the Navy in 2001. After boot camp and "A" School, I was stationed in Japan. During that time I got to travel the world and see Russia, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, Fiji, East Timor, Iwo Jima and Australia.

I was qualified with the Beretta M9, Remington 870, Springfield M14, M4A1 Carbine, M203 Grenade Launcher, M79 Grenade Launcher, M60 Machine Gun, M249 SAW, Browning M2, Mk.19 Grenade Launcher, AT4 Rocket Launcher and Bushmaster 25mm cannon.

I conducted several VBSS operations and worked with SEALS, SWCC, EOD and the 31st Marines almost every day. I was directly involved in anti-terror operations in the Philippines and anti-piracy operations in the Strait of Malacca.

I met 2 former presidents while in the service (Bush Sr. and Clinton).

I climbed to the top of Mt. Fuji in 2003.

I was in Iraq in 2004 where I saw a fair amount of combat. Earned a combat action ribbon. Killed around a dozen people. I could be wrong. It's hard to keep track when you are getting shot at. Everything happens pretty fast.

I was in Indonesia in 2005 for the tsunami relief.

Then I went to BUD/S in Coronado, California where I ended up tearing ligaments in my shoulder and knee. It ended my Navy career.

After I got out, I spent some time in Hawaii where I met my wife.

For the next couple years, I worked out in the Bering Sea and in Dutch Harbor, Alaska as a welder. From then on, I have just travelled all over the US as a contractor. I got back to Idaho from Florida a month ago where I learned underwater welding and renewed my offshore survival and first aid/cpr certifications.

I had a secret security clearance but haven't used it in a while. I'm assuming it has lapsed by now.

I am also slowly but surely learning how to fly a helicopter. But it's expensive so I'm not taking many lessons per month.

Right now I'm being considered for a welding position in Antarctica, but I probably won't get it.

In my off time, I like to go gold panning, gem hunting and researching valuable shipwrecks. I'm an avid scuba diver and photographer. I also dabble in 3d modelling, writing and target shooting with my gun collection.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Which ATS members actually have interesting lives?

That's really a bit subjective to the personalty leading said life... with the word 'interesting' being the pivot in the whole thing.

If I may, I would suggest rewording it to something like... who has led an interesting life? That allows us to respond with a more direct detailing of exactly what we have (so far) experienced that we found so interesting.

Yeah, I know the rewording is a lot like picking fly poop from the pepper shaker so, I will apologize but... that says a lot about someone (me) right away. I mean, while I may have led an interesting life, I might today be bored with it all to the point of vanilla pudding.

If you don't mind the telling of tales... I have explored caves and found underground streams that you could hear almost a full day before you actually found them. I've dug through old Civil War battle sites that nobody remembers or cares about, wandered the halls of ancient buildings that were littered with paraphernalia left from prohibition, found and explored several old CCC campsites along the outskirts of the Smokey Mountains that were, again, forgotten to time. In the fall, before the ocean water tuned cold and the tides got dangerous, we'd swim out to a small island, dragging our party gear behind us on inner tubes. We'd stay there for days... just us - friends and lovers - like we were castaways a million miles from anywhere. We nicknamed it Thunder Island after the song.

Of course, nothing hurts when you are younger. The sun, the wind, the cold and the heat... like water off a duck. Even getting into a bar brawl on a Saturday night stopped hurting by Monday morning.

Vanilla pudding.

I think I am going to get outta this place for a few days and just go... to where, I don't care.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Explanation: S&F!

Look no further...

Robbie Williams (pop star + ATS member) chrisonabike [ATS Members Profile]

But if that doesn't satisfy your thirst ...

Johnny Anonymous [ATS Moderator + ATS News reporter + Godfather of ATS Radio]

Any of the ATS Amigo's.

Personal Disclosure: I myself lead an interesting life ON ATS ...

I won a BTS (offtopics) Talent contest...

The BTS Factor! - Talent contest **Entries** (thread by Gemwolf posted on 19-9-2009 @ 03:20 PM , post by OmegaLogos posted on 25-9-2009 @ 01:47 AM) [ATS: Offtopic Forums]

I have threads dedicated to my awesomeness...

A tribute to OmegaLogos (by Deebo posted on 19-5-2011 @ 02:45 PM) [ATS]

And now for the DARK side ... this is ATS after all

Who can it be now? [Warning: At your own risk]

P.S. I share my birthday with Mr Charlie Sheen ... WINNING!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join