It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which ATS members actually have interesting lives?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well. I guess I have an interesting life to some people as I run a club for "alternative lifestyle" type people. I'm not really allowed to go into it on ATS though as the post would be insta banned

I also write for some "interesting" magazines, and sometimes take some "interesting" photos.

None of it however is suitable for ATS

Hope the next fair is a good one for you Dave. OH and I won't be able to make this one though. Just bought an old Ford Anglia Pop and need to get it down home from Fife. It might take a week.

edit on 27-6-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There cannot possibly be one here who has a more boring life than me, except perhaps FortAnthem, no disrespect as he is one of my favorite posters.

Throughout my whole life I have always been the ‘good kid’ and really never had a problem with it, never drank, smoke, or used drugs. I was homeschooled since 8th grade and then started college work online last year, always had good grades and even when I was in public school never had detention or anything like that. Spent a few years trying to find who I really was, as we all do at some point, still have not truly found exactly who I am but do believe I am getting there.

I’ve always lived in this area of Florida my whole life and only traveled out of state a few times so there is not much that can be said in regards to travel. I work a part time job at a fast food chain and do not enjoy it, to say the least. My time off of work is pretty much made up of me spending time online or outside, when I am online it’s all about research into politics, history, and economics or reading ATS. My weekends consist of making a fire in the fire-pit outside just looking up at the stars, swimming in the pool, or just sitting around the house bored so I come back to ATS.

Since I am still overcoming my struggle with General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, OCD, and Social Anxiety (which I can proudly say is almost stomped out) which had been ongoing since age 12, there is psychological scars left over from growing up with those problems. Meeting new people, socializing, and the like I for years was pretty worried about but now I just see it mostly as a waste of time so it really is just me, no friends except for the ones that I talk to here on ATS and my family.

I wake up in the morning (days off) and watch TV, eat a blueberry bagel, water my sunflowers outside, get online and check ATS, do some research, then I read a few chapters in the book I select for the week, go for a swim, eat lunch, watch some TV, get back online, and finally I wrap my night up by having a fire and sitting down to relax.

Like I said, my life is absolutely boring. But it’s my life and I do not really have a problem with it.
edit on 6/27/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, my life is rather mundane and boring.

But, having said that, being white in Africa is very exciting indeed.

vvv

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Gulf war 1
Northern Ireland
Bosnia
Gulf war 2
Afghanistan 3 times as a senior NCO

Been on every continent except Antarctica however am going there in the next year.

Apart from that, pretty mundane, except when I go home on leave to The Lake District and re-emerse myself in its beauty..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well since Ive joined ATS I no-longer have my interresting life, kinda. Im a family man now but just a few years ago I was a crew member for profesional motorsports race teams. Some of the sports you might recognise- NASCAR, Top-Fuel drag racing, IndyCar series and Indypro series. I did it for 4 years, up to the point of the economy collapse back in 2008. It was my lifelong dream come true to be part of profesional motorsports and its allowed me to travel the world. Ive seen many cultures and many many beautiful women
(except in Brazil some just looked like women
). Now im in the oilfeild, less exciting but it keeps a roof over my families head and food on the table.

So a new chapter of my life has started and thats interesting to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

a roughneck can have excitement

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Haha, yeah they can, but Im not a roughneck. I work for "Big Blue". If your part of the oilfield industry you'll know who that is.
Hint: Haliburton is "Big Red".
I dont have as hard as a life as rough necks do but I still have to be away from the fam a few times a week, so that can definetly be hard. I definetly think it makes my marriage stronger though. Being away for a few days makes us miss each other more and more and we really apreciate the time we have together.
But back to the topic. Atleast the interresting part of my job is the travel. Right after I got married I had to go to France for a month and a half and for the last part of my trip, my wife flew to Paris to meet up with me and thats where we had our honey moon. Never thought in a million years that I would spend my honey moon in Paris. Pretty interresting to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
does working 60+ hours a week at 250-270 feet underground count as interesting?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I personally think everyone on ATS is interesting, that's why we're on ATS! Even the "boring" butt-scratchers...lol Sometimes people can live boring "external" lives...you know, the cliched housewife, full-time mom, the guy that makes your sandwich at Subway, etc... but inside...wow, their minds are a wonderland of mystery and depth (another reason why we're on ATS...lol).

I personally work in a hole of an office behind three alarmed vault doors. I need a badge/ID and a passcode/hand scan to get into the office. I do interesting work and I really can't describe it without getting a one way ticket to Club Fed so I'll leave it to your imagination. I used to be in the Navy. I joined on a lark. The singer in my band one day up and said "I think I'm going to join the Navy..." so after thinking to myself "he's never gonna make it alone" I said "screw it, I'll go with you" and I spent the next nine years traveling the world, meeting new and interesting people and destroying them...lol just jokes people, relax...lol

I got to, not just visit but live in many interesting countries and got paid to do so. I got to meet many interesting people from all walks of life all with their own stories to tell. I got to go to places and areas most people only dream about (or deny that they're real...lol).

Now I'm back home and taking it easy, doing a job I like and going back to school to major in Music and Physics...odd combo right?

--Apex

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
I have an average job, average middle class life. If you looked at my life objectively it would not be that interesting. The same is probably true for most ATS members, but given the nature of this board, probably not all.

Middle class in this day and age where the governments around the world are bleeding their citizens dry with ever increasing tax, well count yourself lucky my girl. Come winter there will be many who cannot afford to keep warm because the energy giants are fleecing us. Average life indeed. Poppycock !

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Myself and a few others on ATS are vampires. Does this count as "interesting"?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Vampires huh? I'm an Elf/Angel Hybrid. We're few and far between but we outmatch vampires any day.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

What kind of vampire?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
In years past, I did have an exciting, interesting life.
When I write the book, you can read about it. LOL.

Although a bit of time ago I was blessed with my first child & then my second.

Life is still very interesting & exciting for me. But by our standards, I have a happily "mundane" life. Not interesting to anyone else but I'm thrilled with it.

Had the excitement a while back and now enjoying the calm.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well if my family wasn't so dramatic with their lives intertwining into mine all the time, making me feel as if I am a character in some really bad action movie, that keeps having sequels that get worse, then I could say mine was average.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Some surprising answers so far... I'll have to wait a day or two to answer; I just discovered my account is in violation of the TnC, and I sent a request for termination. Hopefully they'll let me come back with a different account. Can't answer any questions about it without violating again and I don't want to be banned. Take care all....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have kids growing up right now... What could be more interesting than that?

Everyday is a new adventure, and the learning is going both ways with them. And a day where we learn something is an interesting day!

Personally, I think every life is interesting. They only differ in degrees of Joys and Sadness.

link   
Hi there. I am a fella who comes from unnamed european country (slovakia), who has a name I will never reveal to you (Lukas), who's age I will never reveal to you (20), but there is one thing I will reveal to you, I work at police department, at least for now. What comes afterwards? God knows. Or maybe I know as well.
I studied electrotechnics/ekonomics and even when my native language is different, I have much closer to english
. I just LOVE IT. I find it fascinating that people from so many countries, cultures, and many different native languages are able to speak in one language, that unites them
My achievements so far? I don't think there were any,yet. But I am too young to have any spectacular and amazing experiences in my life.
I have been through VERY rough times lately. Well, not just lately... whole my life, but last half year was very difficult for me.I was not sure whether I will get over it, or not. I have been having LOTS of problems, problem after problem... everything I tried to manifest, I manifested exactly opposite,rofl. But I try to change myself and sort the problems, I try to fight, but many times I feel like I have no power and I ask myself: Why do I have to go through all this? I know I cannot end this, because I will pass bad karma to my future-life, so I must get rid of the problems in this lifetime and do whatever my soul wants to learn... even when it is diffcult.

Besides that, I want to develop psychic abilities, I want to learn how to astral project and travel to another dimensions/planes, access my akashic records, learn how to speak with my higher self, learn psychokinesis, and heal others. All of this in this lifetime. But for now, I have to get rid of depression, learn how to control my thoughts and learn how to manifest EXACTLY what I want. And yes, I know it is possible, question is, how difficult it will be for me to learn? And question is... how much harder it will be once SHTF hits?

But I have two things I would like to achieve in this lifetime... I do not want anything else... Develop psychic abilities and travel around the world.

link   

I suppose it's all down to the person. I mean, someone could find their life interesting but someone else might think it's a bore. I find my life very interesting being of a young age I love to go down town for a drink and party sometimes
oh and don't forget I'm a gamer too

but like I said, that could be boring to someone else.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Some people find me interesting...I'm a mother of four boys, been married 15 years in August...

My day job is as an interior decorator/remodeler...I can rip out a kitchen or bathroom and make it new, relevant, more funtional and beautiful, all at the same time...

My plethora of hobbies and passions include being a Christian singer/songwriter (locally) (you can find a couple of my originals on YT)...painting, stained glass mosaics (newest endeavor), and chauffering my boys to all their sports/band/church/school events.

I have also had many different paranormal experiences through out my life.

But that may not be interesting enough here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join