It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which ATS members actually have interesting lives?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah, eveyone's life is interesting, I know. I watched a beautiful red bird at the feeder today I'd never seen before, that was very interesting. And we are all curious people here. I think it's safe to say the level of intelligence here is pretty high, which makes people interesting.

But most of us are, in fact...average. I know I am. I have an average job, average middle class life. If you looked at my life objectively it would not be that interesting. The same is probably true for most ATS members, but given the nature of this board, probably not all.

So...today's question: Which members (that we know of) actually have interesting/unusual lives or jobs? There are a number people claiming to be military here, I suppose that's not so unusual but I consider it so if they are posted in a warzone. How about famous people? Have any well-known people ever been outed here? Or rich people, those with unusual jobs or life missions?

Of all the boards I visit I think this one is most likely to have truly unusual people. Anyone want to verify or challenge that, either about yourself or another member?
edit on 26-6-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well. I guess I have an interesting life to some people as I run a club for "alternative lifestyle" type people. I'm not really allowed to go into it on ATS though as the post would be insta banned

I also write for some "interesting" magazines, and sometimes take some "interesting" photos.

None of it however is suitable for ATS

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well. I guess I have an interesting life to some people as I run a club for "alternative lifestyle" type people. I'm not really allowed to go into it on ATS though as the post would be insta banned

I also write for some "interesting" magazines, and sometimes take some "interesting" photos.

None of it however is suitable for ATS

Hmmm....Ok, that is interesting, thanks for sharing. Even though I'm guessing I might not personally approve...but so what?
Who knew such a cute kitten avatar could conceal such depravity.
Just joking.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My life isn't all that interesting at the moment but I'm joining the the army with a rangers or special forces contract in October soo..that should make thing interesting

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
My life isn't all that interesting at the moment but I'm joining the the army with a rangers or special forces contract in October soo..that should make thing interesting

Congrats and best wishes for a safe mission.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes dave and that depraved kitty are quite interesting.....

im pretty freakin boring, thats why im lurking on this forum. Didnt someone once say Jesse Ventura is a lurker on here?
edit on 26-6-2011 by stonebutterfly because: brain farts

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well thank you.. If all goes well I wouldn't see combat for 2 years due to the amount of training required hopefully by then we will have withdrawn from our current occupations.. But for some reason I doubt it :/

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have a mundane life. If you heard anything else, you're mistaken. Just remember that... Go to sleep now little one.

Shhh.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Yes dave and that depraved kitty are quite interesting.....

im pretty freakin boring, thats why im lurking on this forum. Didnt someone once say Jesse Ventura is a lurker on here?
edit on 26-6-2011 by stonebutterfly because: brain farts

Not to derail the thread but they did show ats on one of his episodes.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho you are crazy

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

My life is pretty interesting, but then again I did just join ATS_javascript:icon('
'). Working with medicine men/women and shamans makes life rather unique to say the least. I can't say I'm rich or famous or have been on every continent, but I have been to different dimensions and have seen and experienced things (without drugs) one only thinks of in mythological stories. The most important thing I think that I have learned from it is being connected and to love.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is a long one!

Born in Northern Canada, moved South when I was 10 and started getting into trouble. Spent time in Juvie and took off from home at 14. Hitched around Canada and the US for few years. Spent a few yrs in jail. Started working as a traveling salesman, married young, had a boy.

Divorced and went back up to the Yukon. Worked on a paddle wheel tour boat, bought my first Harley and went back down to Van isle. Wrote a UNIV entrance exam although I had only a grade 8 education. Aced it and went into education. Hated it, switched to Music and Theater. Dropped out, went into the Navy.

Played in a few bands, toured a bit and recorded a few cd's.Had a few on the radio etc.

Traveled more and worked in a few bars, decided to try sales again, moved into public speaking and motivational seminars. Stopped as I got tired of the travel. Worked as a trainer in a health club for a few years, bought another bike and went commercial fishing for a few Months.

So much more than I can describe or even remember but I ended up quitting a great job in an office one day, threw a dart on a map and ended up in Asia. Went for a year, stayed for 8.
Tried teaching English, couldn't stand it. Went to Thailand for a stint on the beach, over to Japan, Taiwan, China and Vietnam. Back to Korea and opened a bar. and another. Met my wife. We imported lobster from Canada, had a lobster pound in Incheon and opened a lobster restaurant. I was the first sashimi chef in Korea.

Came back to Canada, bought a bakery, sold it, bought another and am selling it now as I just bought another business in BC. Pizza!

Next? Who knows?

How did I do all this in 47 yrs? I am the poster child for ADHD and as you can see, it ain't no picnic! lol

Had to skip about 80% as it would take a very long post to get it all...even if I could. But you get the picture.

edit on 26-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i often wonder this too... how many people have i ever encountered in in real life who have like 10,000 posts on a messageboard somewhere?? if i ever knew this upon meeting somebody it would be strange to say the least.

as far as me, im 21 and moved from the UK to the states by myself when i was 18; with no money and two suitcases full of clothes. I am a full time session musician and producer, and toured on the road with a top 10 country artist for the whole of my first year here so you could say i have gotten to live a pretty interesting lifestyle. i do not 'fit the profile' for any kind of activity i have ever taken part in and have pretty much achieved all my life dreams in the first 20 years of my life, and i take great delight in being different to everyone else; i've never met another human being who can in any way even closely relate to my life experiences; so i take great pride in absolute nihilism, and have found peace in not trying to fit any particular mould as a person.

i've never worked a real 9-5 job in my life, and i dropped out of 6th form college (junior/senior year in high school to you US folks). i grew up poor in a single parent household, in the middle of nowhere in england; where the chances of making it anywhere are minimal, especially in music.

i do not subscribe to any kind of thought/belief system and have zero inhibitions of any kind; and that gives me the ability to deconstruct any scenario and figure it out in an almost superhuman way. this is why i get bored and anxious in most normal situations; sometimes i get the feeling that i do not think in any kind of language; my thoughts are always out of control and extremely deep; and i can't communicate them well. i don't really have any kind of ego about this stuff; but when i think about the things i've achieved in my life i am stumped to come up with any kind of comparison. i have an overwhelming feeling that i'm going to do something extremely important someday. i am considered by many to be one of the best musicians of my generation.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I got up this morning, belched and scratched my behind for a few minutes. Then I got dressed, ate some eggs for breakfast and sat on my fat hairy butt all day watching TV or napping on the couch, all the while listening to my wife nag about how I don't help out around the house (God only knows where she gets that idea). I plan on going to bed in a few minutes, although I'll probably spend a few more minutes scratching my behind first.

It don't get no more exciting than that!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Im probably boreing to most except myself too . retired (semi) and living one day at a time..I have a nephew who holds a land speed record on street bikes..wish I could have done that..but then people who live that kind of interesting lives ..live short interesting lives..wish him luck..as for all the rest of most of os folks..we can dream cant we..pay for the beer lol

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Oh, you will be seeing some combat. Don't doubt that for a second. Good Luck. Give them hell.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm a pretty eccentric person, so I keep it pretty original. An average person would say my life is "interesting".

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by itisortofthetruth
reply to post by mb2591

Oh, you will be seeing some combat. Don't doubt that for a second. Good Luck. Give them hell.

Yeaaa I don't doubt it but one can hope rightt

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I live vicariously through Dave

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Aint it the truth... No news is good news.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join